You 8-2 See One Team Score 9 Times- The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can go on forever about the injustice of the prices in the market and the money in the game, but if there is a player worthy of that price tag in the world of futbol, it’s Mbappe.

2. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We don’t have unlimited resources. What we spent last summer+the pandemic is limiting our spending power to almost zero this summer.

It is not just about overpaying. It would affect the quality of the other potential transfers, maybe for several windows (without even taking wages into account).

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And yet, this player worthy of that price looked absolutely average yesterday.

You're throwing numbers into a discussion where numbers aren't relevant. The discussion is simple:

In what part of his game has Mbappe progressed since joining PSG, a club he joined to make progress? Can he beat players in other ways that with acceleration and athleticism? Has his touch improved? In what ways has his game changed?

In many ways, he's pretty much the player he was at Monaco. An absolute freak athlete who can move past anybody in the first few meters, have a very potent shot, and a great engine for a player this young, but this is not a skillset that is as rare as it seems. It's rare to see it this well developed this early, but going forward, the player valued at whatever value people want to place on him, needs to be more than that to be actually worth that value. Ronaldo and Messi were invaluable because they had it all. They had the skill, the athleticism, and they constantly added new tools to their case. Ronaldo became a historically great header of the ball, Messi became absolutely insane in free kicks. They constantly included new skills in their game.

He's not worth this much money based on current value, he's worth this much based on potential, and seeing him being erased from a match this effortlessly at times does throw up questions whether he has so far relied on his freakish athleticism instead of making actual progress in Paris.

I don't know if i'm questioning the player here as much as i'm questioning the move to Paris. A move many people here penned in as "he'd start there and become better!" has effectively allowed him to arrive and be instantly treated as a near captain, vs Madrid treating him as a player that has a lot to learn.

meringues, Hsain85 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's a damn shame that Real Madrid isn't on this list:
    i.jpeg

I really want Real Madrid to win a treble.

madridista_hr and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mbappe is the Galactico Flo wants. Don't think he will reject that opportunity due to transfer fee. PSG will be the biggest stumbling block even next summer. I don't think Flo was even that keen on paying 100 ME for Hazard, but had to do it as he promised ZZ some important signings.

Anon. repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Neither is Milan or Liverpool and they have had some dominant teams. Top clubs only started having two quality starting XIs in their squad in last 15 years or so. And that has ended the chances of smaller clubs winning domestic cup pretty much. RM/Barca hadn't won CDR for a long time before Pep's Barca in 2009. When Utd won the treble, it was seen as a nearly impossible task in a top league. There has been 5 trebles since 2008.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he's the player Zidane wants, and a player Florentino liked enough to offer 140 mil. for, while he was a teenager. There's also his tryout with the youth team, so his short history at the club will be massively woven into some sort of "destined for Madrid since forever" narrative. He's kind of THE target for us.

All i'm saying is he's far from the player he should be to truly be the player people feel he would be for us.

meringues and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You couldn’t get a 8-2 reference in there. Shittiest of the shit thread titles.

9. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea, this thread title really isn’t doing it for me.

Should be changed

10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    No Rapinoe or Pogba jokes on the title though, we are not bigots.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #61 Shay Z, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    ^^ That lady sure does own a lot of real estate in your head. Wonderful. A positive role model which might help slow the cerebral putrefication process you seem to be afflicted with.

If @Eddie OKs it i can change it to “You 8-2 see it happen - OTT“ or something cleverer you guys can come up with. Can’t let this opportunity go.

madridista_hr, RMSocrates, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    There's a very specific group of people I'll have to insult using that someday. Just needs some better spelling. Thanks!

13. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Eddie you should be ashamed of this absolutely shit thread title.

14. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Enough with the Barcelona references. Thread title staying as is because I said so.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    "You 8-2 see one team score 9 times: "It wasn't our worst loss!" - Other Teams Thread"

16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You'd 8-2 lose your farm to a Bavari drunk.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bavarian?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The group stages can be when you're playing against APOEL and Shaktar Donetsk. Just look at Messi.

Digital and Hsain85 repped this.
  19. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I don’t see what the big deal is about a treble.

It’s not like we’d be the first ever team to do it and it’s old news now.

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree that you can't judge a player on one game, but even based on the last 3 CL games he's done, not sure he is at the level of price that we will probably pay for him - 300+ million I guess??

one point that someone brought in this shitty thread title, is that regardless of how good mbappe is, he is never going to the messi or CR level. That is something we should all understand, mbappe as good you think he is, is just not CR/messi level to build a team around. He is a very good forward, but not a player you build a team around. we need to realize that era of time is gone. we're not getting any CR/messi level player anytime soon (not only us, but the world).
    our rebuild project should be around a team of players and not a single player.
    you just need to look at the core of the teams the last 2 CL winners have, to see that it is not a single star player, but a core group of really good players.
    (and PSG example is exactly why you can't win the CL like that anymore).

this is probably something that Perez will never understands, since I'm sure he will pour all the money in the world to get mbappe.
    having said all that, he is an exceptional player, but I really wonder where he fits in our team, even just one year from now, who do you leave out in the front 3?
    do you send Vinnie and Rodrygo packing? do you bench benzema? (something Zidane and Perez will never do) do you bench Eden? (again, both Perez and Zidane will never allow).

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mind, I even recommended such titles after that match but no one responded. Back to Farming is a pretty solid meme mocking PSG's owners tho :D.

RMSocrates repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Solid but it was too long.

We’ll save that for the next one.

Eddie repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    shit thread title :D

i'd rather throw shade at PSG than Barca at the moment. They mocked Haaland, mocked Leipzig, Mbappe mocked the people who call Ligue 1 "farmers league" when Lyon and PSG reached the semi-finals, Neymar saying "Daddy is in the finals", their official twitter mocking Atalanta's Papu dance with "Dance of Choupo" after they beat them and Choupo scored. I mean the list goes on...

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Never thought I'd see the day where you go from a shit thread title to a shittier thread title.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Smh then shorten it:

You 8-2 see one team score 9 times

Shay Z repped this.