Yossi Benayoun

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by norwaytips, Jul 14, 2005.

1. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will he? Won't he? If we get him, and so far it's a big IF, it will be the best signing this club has pulled off since Devonshire. This guy is the doggies blox and will make PdC look like a part timer.

I really hope that he comes to UP. He is a playmaker of the very best and scores about a goal in three games. Better than Joe Cole....Honest.

I know if it was me, I'd be on my way to East London, but I may be a bit biased. Tony. :confused:

2. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    Have you seen him play?

3. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    From PlanetFootball.com ...

and here's part of an article I found about him...

The rest of the article can be found at http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Benayoun.html

sounds like he's got talent, might just be the talisman we're in need of.
    If this signing is indeed genuine then I really am impressed with Pardews work in the transfer market so far...

Just under a month to go. :)

4. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have seen him play (on TV) at least 6 times. I don't often stick my neck out about how good a player is, but this time I will. He is very good. I would have thought he'd be out of our price range and at the price quoted it seems a steal.
    Please let him come to UP. Someone on WHO said that people were making him sound like a cross between Maradona and George Best. I won't go that far, but wait and see. A mixture of Joe Cole and Lampard maybe. Trust me on this. I'm a guitarist. Tony.

5. west_ham

west_ham Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Peterlee, Co. Durham
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    OK I'm convinced. When does he sign and for how much?

6. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    Anyone who can be described as a cross between cole and lamps has my vote to play in any team we could put out.

Apart from massive talent and technique, they also have huge commitment and passion to the cause - a trait that can not be lacking from any of our players this season. I'm just hoping he fits the bill in both departments.

If he's mentally right, and my guess is that Pardew is pretty astute in his judgement, I think this could be a gem of a signing.

7. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
  8. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Price. 2.5 million pounds. Wages. 100,000 pounds a month. If we go down again, and I don't think we will, we can sell him for double that. Just hope he signs.
    If I was asked to pick a world squad, then this guy would be in my 22 players. That's how highly I rate him. He he, mind you, I like Repka too, but not that much. Tony .......cue Stomper

9. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never heard of the guy. Sounds great. Lets hope we beat Bolton for him. But frankly I dont have a clue. Lechaim! Trust me on this, I'm a harmonica player.

10. TheMobyDick

TheMobyDick Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Fairfield,CT
    Any bassists or drummers out their with an opinion.We'd have a fairly good overall idea of how good he is.

11. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't ask a drummer. What do they know? Bass players? They only play bass because it has less strings than a guitar. lol. I'm waiting for Stompers comments. That could be interesting.

12. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    I'm a saxophonist and know nothing about the guy.

Sign him now, too much pain from Bolton already

13. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    News from WHO and my brother, who has a contact in Israel. They both say we've got him. I might even have a slightly premature malt tonight. (Speyside of course) Maybe three or four.
    I have a feeling that this guy will set the PL alight. I am so Happy just now....Don't dare spoil this feeling anyone.
    We are one of the big clubs in the eyes of Israelis and as Yossi is their number one star, we are going to be even bigger over there. Let's just hope that no rich arab comes and offers Terry silly money.
    C'mon you Irons.

14. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    ... well then at least we don't have to worry about Fulham trying to sign him ;)

now if we could wrap up a benni mccarthy signing I think we'll be looking good to stay up this season, particularly if Dailly can fulfill the holding midfield role...

ah, the good times are back for hammer fans!

(always best to remember though that this is still whufc so it could all go completely pete tong by this time tomorrow...) yeah, I know, less of the negativity please...

15. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    He has to come over and sign next week i hear. His cheese doesn't fancy Bolton and she's his real boss. Trust me on this i play the stereo.

17. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky says Pardew made a 4 million offer for Kanoute, which was rejected. Thank God! Check the Racing Santander page under the most recent Benayoun link.

18. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey Guys! Lets do the show right here!!!!!!
    Now do I wanr to live in London or do I want to line in Bolton? london? Bolton? Lo...
    Answers itself really doesnt it?
    Bokkertov shalom!

19. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
  20. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Have we moved Upton Park to South London?

21. TheMobyDick

TheMobyDick Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Fairfield,CT

Is that because you're foillically challanged and have no other use for the comb.

22. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Now official. We have him.

23. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Says who ? By the way never ask a drummer ANYTHING apart from the two questions 'Is it your round?' and 'What is the number that comes after three?'

24. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is it just me, or is Pardew doing great business?

25. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004

Agreed on this stomper. I think he knew he needed 5-10 players. He has 5 including 3 established top level players. I think he has only spent about 8 million. If he can get cover for LB. A striker and a quality defensive midfielder i think we have a fighting chance. It will mean one of Newton Williams or Chadwick playing RM. Its looking better everyday lets hope the positive vibes continue.