Yolo-Solano Quakes Supporters

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by sacrxy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sacrxy

sacrxy BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 6, 2003
    Time to start getting the car tunned to make that 120 miles one way trip to Buck Shaw come April '08. More importantly, gather at the Grad at Davis to make some noice to make sure they will put on the away games after a 2 season hiatus. Is there a venue in Dixon or Woodland as a fall back? I gathered about 10 families at Steve's Pizza in downtown Davis to watch the Quakes-Chicago MLS Cup game and the manager moaned and groaned before switching to the game. We threatened to walked out (more than half of the customers) and got our way. We no longer host our kids' soccer team events there.

2. bluepride

bluepride New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Davis/ San Jose
    I am from San Jose but am going to UC Davis and would love to get together with some people to watch our quakes. And its funny cause my roommate works at Steve's pizza. Let me know where you go to watch the games

3. sacrxy

Feb 6, 2003
    The place to watch soccer games used to be the Graduate. I have not been there for 2 years since the Quakes went on break so I don't know how soccer friendly the Graduate is now. I hope the Aggies will go far in the NCAA soccer tournament to give the game some buzz in Davis. Too bad the Aggies will have to travel to play the first game at Cal instead of playing at home.

4. bluepride

bluepride New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Davis/ San Jose
    i actually have never been in the Graduate but would definitely go if they showed quakes games
    and i hope the mens team does well
    i actually played with one of the guys on the team in high school, Paul Marcoux

5. napanickg

napanickg Member

Nov 15, 2003
    celery&black army
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you best be including napa in the group :p

6. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched Tottenham-West Ham at the Grad yesterday. It was just me, and the guy wasn't thrilled, but he did boot someone else to give me a TV. I'd imagine if you guys got a regular group together, you'd have no problem.

If they've got Setanta, I'd imagine they have FSC and regular business would probably convince them to get Direct Kick. It's only 100 bucks for bars and with their prices, three guys could probably take pay for that in one game alone.

7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    did you watch it live? I had to download a realplayer stream from some retarded serbian tv channel onto my mac at 5:30 in the morning... I have setanta when I'm in sac, so I'd only be interested in the games that aren't on setanta1 or fsc. if the grad has setanta ppv, im in.

8. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I watched the 4:00 pm replay before I headed back home. I have no idea what they have, but I'd bet it's not Setanta Premium. Worth calling and asking, though.

9. GallinAllstar08

GallinAllstar08 New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    i live in fairfield and plan on going to all the games.....i will be purchasing my season tickets soon.....if you guys want to get together to start a group or planning ways to get to san jose pm me.....

10. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're in Dixon and would like to be included in a Yolo-Solano group. I don't think there is a fall back location in Dixon at all. The Graduate generally seems the best choice for such things as gathering to watch away matches, but if we have an in at Steve's to guarantee a channel change that sounds great too.

11. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My son and I watched the US v. Venezuela match on the big screen at the Graduate - it was a pretty good crowd. They shouldn't have any problem showing the games.

Besides, how many out-of-town baseball games do they really want to show there, anyway?

12. sacrxy

Feb 6, 2003
    I didn't call the Grad ahead of time and arranged to have my son's soccer team to meet there for the US-Sweden game not knowing the Grad was charging a cover that night to broadcast a boxing match. We scrambled and went somewhere else. It is best to check ahead of time at the Grad on the web. They are planning boxing once a month on Saturdays. From inside info, the night we couldn't watch the US-Sweden game, the Grad was half empty during the boxing match. Let's us show up en mass on the first game in April to LA and make some noise to let the Grad know WE WANT SOCCER and not two have beens punching air.

13. bluepride

bluepride New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Davis/ San Jose
    anyone going somewhere to watch the game for those of us that can not go to la

14. SJAnfield

SJAnfield New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    San Jose
    I'm in Sacramento and can't really justify driving back to San Jose to see the game at the Brit. I'd be up to meet fellow Quakes fans somewhere out here as well.

15. sacrxy

Feb 6, 2003
    The Graduate in Davis has Country Night on Thursdays and Saturdays for 18 and over only with a cover charge. It is not as soccer friendly as couple years ago. Any suggestion for other places in Sac, Woodland, Dixon or Fairfield? I have to work tonight so I am taping the game and will start watching at 11p with a cold one and wings all by my lonesome.

16. bluepride

bluepride New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Davis/ San Jose
    my roommate works at steves pizza in davis and said that they should change the channel for us if we went in there
    he said it shouldnt be a problem like a couple yrs ago because they pretty much fired everyone that was workin there the other year
    so thats a suggestion

17. SJAnfield

SJAnfield New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    San Jose
    Anyone else going?

18. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then there's the thread on the main board about perhaps going to the Grad I'd go either place but need to know before 7pm to make it.

19. SJAnfield

SJAnfield New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    San Jose
    I'm p for either. Me and my roomate will be down to go to Davis. Which do you prefer?

20. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it got too late on us....I think you posted about 3 minutes after I told my sister nothing definite had come together and she could come on home from Davis to Dixon. Next time, we will need to do better making plans sooner.

21. SJAnfield

SJAnfield New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    San Jose
    we'll get it right next time

22. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe I missed this thread before.

Anyone coming from Yolo, Solano or beyond to saturday's game? I've got a group of 18 lined up - taking the 10:55 Capitol Corridor train right to the Coliseum.

23. sacrxy

Feb 6, 2003
    I did not take the train to the Chicago game because the return trip wouldn't work time-wise. I sat next to several people I never met before at the stadium who took the train out from Sacramento. I think this is the only afternoon game in Oakland. I don't believe there are trains going back to Davis after the night games but I will have to check the train schedule.

24. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Capitol Corridor will no work for night games.

For the upcoming Galaxy game the Coliseum - the train works well going down, but coming home you have to ride BART - either two stations to Lake Merritt and then walk to Jack London Square for the train (about a 20 min walk) - or BART all the way to Richmond to catch the Capitols.

I tell ya, it was nice having a cold one on the way back. Way nice.

25. sacrxy

Feb 6, 2003
    Are you going by train with 18 people again for the 8/2 LA game? I probably will too. My group size is TBA but far fewer than 18.