YNT-eligible MLS players: 2021 In-season thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TarHeels17, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no exit

no exit Member+

DC United
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    Paredes had another solid outing against Chicago last night -- obviously drew the penalty but was active and smart about getting into space and setting people up with passes. Might get sold in January but as a DC fan would love to see him stay another year.

Nyeman got on for a late cameo and had a great play where he turned on the boosters to snip the ball before it got to a Fire player; Nyeman then dished it up into the attack. Should've been a shot-creating action at a minimum but Abila wasn't able to get himself as clean a look as he wanted.

Winoman repped this.
  2. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he is. Has been living in the country since he was 3 and has his citizenship

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don’t like the idea of 14 year olds signing pro contracts, but his contract is up at 19-20. That’s good to have a contract up at that age as opposed to 22-23. I don’t think shorter contracts are coming, so this may be the needed trade off. Hopefully they don’t rush his development and let him develop in his own age groups instead of putting him with the pros immediately. I don’t see him as being anywhere near ready for that.

WheezingUSASupport and Patrick167 repped this.
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Its a year too early for me.
    15 seems to be the age I'd want to sign the high-end prospects.

But as David said, that Euro passport leads to a sense of urgency.
    We saw it with Bento. We saw it with Che. Plenty of other examples.
    And I wonder if Man City and the City group saw him and said................"wrap him up."
    They let Gio Reyna walk away for nothing at 16.

5. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYCFC have an even bigger talent in Maximo Carrizo in their 2008’s so I’d expect to see him attempt to be signed at the same time next year. When I mean bigger it’s not meant to say Christian isn’t a significant talent among the top 3 of his age group, Maximo is arguably the best of his age group overall

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pl@ymaker and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  7. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1357 MuchoTakeItEasy, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021

LAFC signing a domestic player (unannounced) probably a player from Lights or academy. Any guesses? Might be thread eligible since many teams announce HG deals 'effective next season' around now with the academy league kicking off. Perhaps Dylan Presto who has been making the bench for LVL. Or Alex Rando, which would indicate moving on from one of Sisniega or Romero (both are dual nats I believe). We also signed a 6' 5" GK Jamaal Blackman who used to be in Chelsea's loan army. Not sure what the depth chart really looks like there.

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think if it’s a thread-eligible player it’s probably Rando or Daroma. I think Jaime, Avila, and Sepulveda would also be more likely than Presto. Presto is not an MLS caliber player IMO. He’s been playing because the top two Las Vegas Lights RB’s are injured.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if it was Rando. We had to pick up a pool GK for the bench last game. More and more teams are carrying 4 GKs.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  10. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Paredes is really something. Not sure he hasn’t already surpassed bello. Sure seems like if he hasn’t it won’t be long

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it's Michee Ngalina who while not thread eligible and likely not even US eligible yet spent a few years with Philly after coming through Montverde Academy. It's reportedly a loan with an option to buy, that option being near double the all-time USL transfer record. It's good to see movement between USL and MLS, especially with transfer fees involved.

MuchoTakeItEasy repped this.
  13. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Where did you see that? They must see him as a MAK level talent if they are potentially paying a USL-MLS transfer fee. LAFC already has Cal Jennings and Musovski as strikers they signed out of USL. Writing probably on the wall for one of them at least.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    When will Chris Brady be getting a run of games?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

16. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    If USL can focus more than they are now on developing talent then it will help propel the success of our NT guys and MLS overall.

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was born in the UK. Does he have an EU passport on addition to a UK one? It makes a difference now.

18. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point, but he could go to the UK, which is the #1 country players from here want to transfer to on average, & they spend the most $ to compel moves.

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but he'd have to wait until he is 18.

20. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting at least...more games against non-MLS teams for youth players is likely a good development

21. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I think it is good across the board. More games versus LigaMX at the senior level, in two formats. More teams in continental play. The stoppage of the seasons allows for focus on Leagues Cup -- no more SKC rolling out SKC II to get slaughtered.

One of the improvements of MLS Next over the DA was a focus on playing a lot more international games at the academy level as well -- presumably Liga MX.

JUnionFan repped this.
  22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be cool if the 3 spots, were for the Copa Libertadores.

23. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only in our dreams.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Post 2026, I think we’ll regularly see a Copa Libertadores with LigaMX and MLS teams. And hopefully in 2024, a Copa Americas.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Montreal has been great for Mihailovic and Toye. Hopefully the same can be said for Milijevic.