YNT-eligible college players -- *2019* thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sandon Mibut, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    The Big 10 conference also guarantees a scholarship for life for all athletes that turn pro before graduating. So, if Aidan Morris someday wants to return to Indiana and finish his education, he doesn't have to pay for school.

If you're an Aidan Morris level prospect and can still go pro after just one semester, that's tough to turn down.

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Geez, I wish I'd known about that when I was younger! I also wish I'd been good at sports.

xbhaskarx, Sandon Mibut, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  3. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is some stuff on some keepers

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    This you, @David Kerr ? ;)

5. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me all the L’s for this one

Turns out you can be a very good professional player just by simply being an absolute tank who literally no one can physically stop. I’m still very unimpressed with his skill on the ball and his IQ/movement but it’s been offset by him being to damn big and strong

gogorath and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm just bustin' balls whist I kill time before the game.

We all get players wrong.

The list of players I've been wrong about is long and very inglorious.

soccersubjectively and gogorath repped this.
  7. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very true. I expect the very blunt and non joking people to rightfully slaughter me for this.

I still hope Daryl can clean up his touches. He still isn’t quite as clean on the ball as I’d like to see. It works for now but he seems to be Premier League bound so he’ll have far less room for any deficiencies in his game. But if he can he’ll be a monster

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Every player is a combination of qualities, in different amounts, not all of them immediately obvious. If it were easy to figure out who will be good and how good and to what levels their abilities will translate, there would be nothing to talk about!

Literally massive quantities of human energy have been marshalled across industries and the world over in hopes of being able to measure and predict things that are hard to measure to predict just a few percentage points better than the next person, and to be able to find opportunity where nobody else is looking.

In that context, I think it's OK for some of us to get a prediction wrong from time to time. And particularly OK for whoever does to get roundly and deservedly ridiculed. ;)