YES!: Last game VS the always hated cRapids, pre-game, post game, etc [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Fork the rapids! Fork them to hell. And for all the other forking MLS teams too.

Burn won.

Scorched Earth Policy.

on to 2004 inflict pain and agony until we get our stadium.

2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Joke is on you, DUDE.

Have fun on the road.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yea I know, but they could have at least been happy that they won.

4. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    they are lucky anyone was there but the trainers. They should have been grateful to say thanks instead of being booed off the field for the pathetic season they put in.

I'm glad they won, but anyone that spent money to see them after game 10 was being CHARITABLE to the players.

5. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    So, the only damn game that wasn't on the shootout last night turns out to be the only one I wanted to see!

Anyone have a tape that can share with a NJ Burn fan?

PM me if you do.

Thanks.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think they were upset was becuse there were tons of little kids there. Thought about standing in line, but then said nah. Have the main ones I want anyway in Davis, Morrow, and ROB.

Spencer gave me the two fingers(the UK version of the middle finger). Oh well, a win is a win and Colin Clarke gets 6 points as a coach. Not great, but considering the mess he was given, not too shabby.

7. Valerie Simmons

Sep 2, 2000
    Burkburnett, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding the players' attitudes when signing, by the time we got to them, they were joking around with each other - back to being in a good mood, especially Brad, Jason Thompson, and the others on that bench. Almost all of the little kids were gone by then. Some players indicated that they knew this would be their last game with the Burn "we'll have to wait on the new coach and see what he wants" along with a shake of the head, while others seemed sincere in saying they were going to try their best to stay here. Some of the younger players seemed really tickled by having the stack of cards to autograph; I guess they all heard some really good things while signing. As one Burn employee told me "we don't pay these kids enough for them to afford to get a bad attitude". It's kind of hard for them to get in trouble off the field without the high range salaries!

Ali didn't say it, but another person in line said that Ali didn't want to be here; he'd just bought a house when they traded him to us. Bummer. He's got a lot of the speed we need. Ali, Toni, Eddie, Bobby (THE SHOT ACTUALLY WENT INTO THE NET! HE DIDN'T BLOW THE SHOT!!) - fast front line! For a big guy, Toni has a lot of speed. He had, what - 2 or 3 breakaways? Like Buzz said, if Toni were match fit, wow, that is something to think about.

And really, when you think about it, the ones under 25 or so (like Ali) really are kids; they haven't really had enough time to get out into the real world; they've spent their formative years playing soccer! They get to play the game they love and make a living at it.

Kreis looked physically awful, I thought. Thoughly discouraged. And poor Oscar. He was exhausted, but he stayed to the bitter end of the signing. He played his heart out.

I could not believe Chad's work rate - he played the best game yet this season - "a cheecky backheel", no less. He's always been one of my favorites (no lectures, please), so I'm glad that he had a goal and stepped up so well this last game. He was winning the 50-50 balls all night long. I didn't have to count consecutive Colorado passes at all.

DJ and Eddie both said they are going to be very busy with their respective national teams; Eddie promised to make at least three goals for us in November! I wish I could see the replay on that one offsides call where he had the breakaway. We were almost even with the play, and it sure did look like a perfectly timed run, especially since the assistant referee was about 8 yards behind the second to last defender. He only called it as he came racing back into position.

Anyway, we all had fun - too bad that last second goal didn't count. It would have been great.

8. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Not being able to see the game at all, can someone who watched it tell me whether or not Garlick got yanked for crap play or not? Or, was Garlick just yanked to give Cannon some time? (In other words, did Garlick screw the pooch for 4 goals in the first half?)

Just curious.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it was a combination of both.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Might be what C-town did on Sunday. Play Garlick some and then take him out to avoid injury.