Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, what an utter joke of a board, pathetic.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Our opening offer was £5 million !

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    £4 million more than we offered for Martinez then. Another season wasted whilst we wait for this board to be booted out. No chance in CL and probably 2 or 3rd place in La Liga.

4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Ferran Martinez] Agreement for the transfer of Rafinha to PSG. Rafinha Alcantara will play next season at PSG if he passes the medical examination. The agreement between Barça and the Parisian club is closed for three million euros in variables plus 35 percent of a future sale of the Brazilian.

FC Barcelona and Benfica have reached an agreement for the loan of Jean-Clair Todibo for the next two seasons. The Portuguese club will take responsibility for the player’s contract and pay FC Barcelona 2 million euros with the option of purchasing the player for 20 million euros.”

Todibo’s departure means Barca’s center-back options now look to be Gerard Pique, Clement Lenglet, Ronald Araujo and Samuel Umtiti for 2020-21, although Barca B’s Santiago Ramos Mingo also appear to have caught Ronald Koeman’s eye.

[​IMG]

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, in summary:
    Rakitic + rafinha+ vidal + todibo+ suarez=
    4m + possible 11 in variables

But we save a ton on salaries, though we are paying something like half of Luis Suarez's Barca salary this year as the price of his recission.

6. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    For all of the “revolution” talk we are still lacking depth and quality in several departments.

We desperately need a marquee CB signing, Alba needs a proper back-up, not a RB playing LB. We also need a proper number 9.

Other than that we have to hope that both Fati and Trincao come good and have a break-out season in order to not have to worry too much about our wide attacking players.

If we sell Dembele and Griez next summer and Messi leaves (massive salary savings), that opens up a lot of space to make some marquee signings, no? Plus we’d have paid the last of Suarez’ salary.

Maybe Haaland would rather be a star at Barca instead of playing in the “shadow” of Mbappe, who will probably go to Madrid. That’s if Haaland can prove he’s the real deal during this whole season, of course.

Maybe Upamecano? We’ll probably be the ones getting Garcia for free next summer anyway. He doesn’t strike me as thé solution to our CB needs, though.

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why are WE selling a player who’s presumably good enough to play for PSG ... for THREE million ?

EPL teams are paying £27 £30 million for Championship players !!!

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I hope the board never get into negotiations with someone like Daniel Levy ... he’d bleed us dry over the weekend

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, you have average League 1 players who go for more than that in England. It's a fire sale at Barca, I suspect for Martinez they offer Inter some magic beans.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well the 2 biggest factors that drive a player's transfer price are 1) the player's potential and 2) the player's potential.

Rafinha doesn't have much potential, if any.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nonsense, there are absolute carthorses going for fortunes, we should know, Barca have brought most of them :D:D

evil_allan and BocaFan repped this.
  12. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Thankfully all is not lost with Coutinho .. o can see him having a spectacular season .. he could easily be our second best player ..

14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and Dembele and Griezmann too might eventually grow into their huge transfer fees as Coutinho is already doing. And with Suarez gone and Leo likely leaving too, there should be chances for all three to shine. Mind you I'm not saying it will happen, but if Coutinho can continue and just one of the other two improve their play with Barca (and stay healthy in the case of Dembele) I would be pleased.

Deep Pal and TitoTata repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The difference for me is that (even before this season) Coutinho would sometimes be ON and sometimes OFF for Barca, but the other two have been permanently OFF. Too early to say if this is another short-lived ON period for Coutinho or if he can keep this up. Could go either way.

But the other 2 seem like hopeless cases since they've always struggled at Barca. Griezmann perhaps warrants another year, but Dembele forget it --- Even during the times when Messi has been out injured, players like Malcom and Rafinha proved more useful than Dembele.

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I recall Coutinho having a real good time period with us last time .. he started slowly ( but out of position on the RIGHT WING FFS) but then had a time playing well and scoring some screamers before picking up an injury

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Anything Sid Lowe says or writes about Barca needs to be taken with a bucket of salt as he is a crazed LPB supporter and is not very good at hiding it. Many of the things he lists as "disasters" in that article were actually good things, as we've discussed on here.

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was especially great when Messi missed some time with an injury as I recall.

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yes that’s the time he was invaluable for about a month or so ..

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is based in Madrid but he grew up a fan of Liverpool, and his Spanish club is Real Oviedo - where he first lived in Spain as a student. To me personally, having read many articles he has written, I don't see him as a fan of Real Madrid or Barcelona. In any event he doesn't admit to favoring or being a fan of either team.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Out of interest .. Thiago Silva has been magnificent for Chelsea and he’s transformed them !!

23. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    From 4th place to 7th.

BocaFan repped this.
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Lampard has just been interviewed on Sky absolutely raving about his performances and influence on and off the pitch ..

I’ll take his word plus what I’ve seen of Thiago over yours , any day. ..

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Five consecutive clean sheets in the last 5 games ..