Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    All this Dembele talk, why aren’t we thinking about selling Griezmann? Would bring in more money than Dembele and has even less potential of doing anything in a Barca uniform.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Good point. Griezmann just doesn’t seem to be able to fit in at Barcelona. Consistently one of the underperformers. Might as well give Trincao his spot, couldn’t do any worse imo.

I really hoped Griez would come good, but if even Koeman cannot get the best out of him than we might as well cash in while we still can.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is probably a thought that Griezmann will be more comfortable in his more natural position once. Messi leaves .

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and BocaFan repped this.
  4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Will he be as good as we need him to be though? In saying that, will it be worth it to keep him and take that risk now that we can still get something decent for him.

Next year if Messi leaves he’ll be 30.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good point. If we sell Griez and Messi does leave, we are screwed! One of them has to go next summer though.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The 2 problems Griezmann has is he hasn't fit and he is already 30. The first one we might be able to solve. But to be honest, I never thought he was that fantastic of a player. Overhyped IMO. Not even close to Neymar.

Dembele on the other hand unproven, unprofessional, and very injury prone. On his side is he is young, and the unprofessional part could be fixed.

Dembele has also had more time to prove himself at Barca. So I am not surprised we are trying to unload him before Griezmann.

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and Jpows repped this.
  7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I have mentioned before that I was hoping that we could go for Auoar. However, it seems the scum are on to him and Zidane basically wants Madrid to equal the French NT.

Seems next summer they will be in for Mbappe, Camavinga, Auoar and possibly Upamecano. Which explains their quiet transfer window up to this point except for offloading.

Zidane having the same nationality and status as a French footballing legend will probably be decisive in many of their decisions to pick Madrid.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    he might. but so will the likes of Coutinho, Pedri, and Puig.
    not sure Griezmann wins that battle either.

Nathanial Essex and TitoTata repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, no chance Man Utd will buy Dembele now. Safe to say they will focus on defenders the next 24 hours. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Donny wishing he’d joined us instead of ManU now !!!!

11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think we had the money for him, nor the need really in the current formation.

Todibo to Fulham for about 18 + variables and hopefully 2 years to buy him back for not too crazy a price may be the only business we get done, though if that goes through we may just turn around and buy Garcia. I'd rather we get him free in the summer, though that leaves us a bit exposed when Umtiti is injured so often.

12. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    skalomax and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We still have a surplus of players.
    Will Dembélé and Braithwaite be content being copa players?
    They seem to not want to go anywhere, but we need a lethal Suarez type striker up front.

15. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense but I don't want Depay unless we offload someone else first, and in Depay's case we need to offload an offensive player (Dembele brings in more, but even moving Rafinha or Alena would help). Even then I don't really want Depay, don't see a need, seems like just a move the coach wants and it comes at the cost of PT for all the forwards and attacking mids we already have.

If we sign anyone with one day left, Garcia makes more sense, only if we sell Todibo first. Even that seems wasteful to me, since Garcia can join for free on July 1 (and sign a contract January 1). So get him for free.

But can we sell Firpo? I mean Dest already showed he could play ok on the left flank, and we have Miranda back too, so Alba starts and Dest/Miranda back him up.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No offense taken, and I partially agree with you whether Depay is the right move for you guys right now.

First of all, I dont know if he's good enough for La Liga.
    Second of all, like you said, where do you play him??
    He's not really a winger (although he can play there), so you'd have to start him as an attacking MF'er or striker/false striker, but you already have plenty of players there.

Having said all that, he's 26 right now and entering his prime. It could be that he can succeed at Barca. Maybe even as a striker?? (he's scored lots of goals for Oranje as a striker in the last 4 years).

If worse comes to worse he can always be very useful as a late minute sub (assuming he doesnt mind filling that role).

Just my 2 cents

17. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    Depay is NOT a CF and will never be one , this is the same exact issue like before , bring in Coutinho who is an offensive midfielder , put him as a winger , doesn't work , bring in Griezmann who plays as a second striker , play him as a CF , doesn't work , and now Depay who is a SS just like Griezmann and i guess he will be put as a CF which will , as you know doesn't work.

as i said , we need a CF , so sick of this dumb management , when will we finally get a proper staff that know what they are doing.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Man City's complete disinterest in seeing Garcia leave on a free next summer is a bit concerning for Barca. Seems they don't think too highly of him.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And he is a defender ... that should really tell you something.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    TalkSports saying we are happy to let Dembele go on loan for FREE ... as long as he renews his contract with us !?!?!

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I just wish we could get Klopp here to revive this once great club ..

Leon12 repped this.
  22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far it looks like our final day of the transfer window is going to crap:

Dembele not going to ManU. We even caved at the end and were willing to loan him out but only if he signed for an extra year, stupid idea, need to get paid, not loan him out and wed ourselves to one more year of paying him. Looks like that is not going through, thankfully.

Rafinha to PSG for free (some variables where we get paid), loan I guess?

Todibo no buyers, so going to Benfica mainly for free, loan I guess?

No sale talk at all for Firpo or Miranda so we have both, plus Dest can play that side as well, seems like too many back ups but Alba is injured.

No one taking Umtiti, not a huge surprise given salary and injuries.

City not budging on insisting on 20M for Garcia seems stupid of them when he can leave for free, so he's not coming, which makes me wonder why we'd loan out Todibo for nothing, as our 4th CB is then oft-injured Umtiti. Yikes.

No Depay it seems since we cannot generate any sales revenue. That's good as far as I'm concerned. I just want a solid CB or a true striker, and it looks like we will role with 3 CBs plus Umtiti, and no genuine striker. OK.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Seems like pretty quiet last 24-48 hours for clubs in general.

Maybe something to do with the next transfer window being less than 3 months away(?)

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    SkySports saying we are likely to finalise the deal for Garcia in the next hour or so ..

Is he definitely an improvement on our existing options ?

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sky just confirmed deal off !
    Barca tonight offered £16 million ..
    City had stated they wouldn’t sell for less than £20 million