Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Dembele plus Coutinho plus £40 million IS ridiculous!

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If that’s considered ridiculous then Barca should just give up on Neymar now.

unclesox and celito repped this.
  5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That’s a good offer . I wouldn’t even continue if that got turned down.

6. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    de ligt will be juve player next season. not really upset.
    now we must have a left back

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trillz repped this.
  8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would despise de Ligt forever. He ain’t ever joining this club again. I hate him more than Figo

9. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Na .. I’m disappointed as I saw great potential in him .. our new Puyol maybe ??

But after a couple of years of learning the dark arts of defending alongside Chielini.... he could be ours..
    Two year buyout clause

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Fully agree. People seem to be getting a bit carried away with how good De Ligt is now. We won't miss him this season or next IMO. Griezmann bring us closer to the CL in 2020 than De Ligt would.

My only concern is how expensive De Ligt will be in a couple years time, and how much competition will there be to sign him? This summer there only seemed to be 3 clubs really keen on signing, one of which is playing in Europa League and in a total mess.

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ...and then the next day we sold him to Getafe for 10mil

unclesox repped this.
  14. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1151519776906199041 is not a valid tweet id

15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You should have said, "... and just TWENTY-FOUR HOURS later..." :thumbsup:

evil_allan repped this.
  16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thing is I hope we never sign de Ligt. He’s the only Dutch player I despise and as half Dutch I’m pretty disappointed.

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I will never forgive Van Bommel for viciously assaulting the Spanish players time and time again in that memorable final ..

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good summary of players departed and money brought in so far 89.5M assuming Cucurella agrees to terms with Getafe:

PLAYER TEAM TRANSFER Fee
    Jasper Cillessen Valencia 35 million
    André Gomes Everton 25 million
    Denis Suárez Celta 15 million
    Marc Cucurella Getafe 10 million
    Marc Cardona Osasuna 2.5 million
    Sergi Palencia Saint Etienne 2 million

Thomas Vermaelen No teamContract expired

Jeison Murillo SampdoriaLoan ended
    Kevin Prince Boateng SassuoloLoan ended

Douglas No team Contract expired
    Jokin Ezkieta Athletic Contract expired

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why on earth aren’t we trying to sign Toby Alderweireld from Spurs ??

He’s got a £25 million buy clause that’s still active till next Friday apparently- that’s 8 days to get something sorted .

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know it was all pre-arranged as part of the loan right? We loan him, the borrowing club wanted an option to purchase (which we agreed to and it was set at 2M), but we insisted on the ability to have a higher "purchase back" option which they agreed to and that was set at 4M. So they gave him regular minutes, he performed well, so they exercised their 2M option (but they pretty much knew we'd buy him back). We made sure he was worth more than 4M to other clubs, then exercised our buy back right, then agreed to sell him to Getafe for 10M. So Eibar netted 2M plus got him to play for just his salary for 1 year; and we netted 8M for a player we did not see making our first team (after Miranda outplayed him last summer). Basically a win win for both clubs.

21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very weird that no one has signed him yet at that price but I don't see him being a good fit for Barca as we already have an incumbent older right footed CB plus a similar promising youngster (Pique and Todibo).

Also he is already 30 years old, already on a high salary and wanting a higher salary and long term contract from whoever signs him, and if he doesn't sign he's free on a Bosman next summer. So given age, salary, and length of contract desired it makes no sense for us, and he'd still be behind Pique, it is no bargain at all for us. But seems weird no one else with money and worse CBs hasn't grabbed him.

unclesox and evil_allan repped this.
  22. Why?
    Because he hurt your feelings by not signing for Barcelona .....and that after a boatload...make that an armada of hype how he loved to go to Barcelona (not his words)?
    What I read from Barcelona supporters was as if Ajax are obliged their players to be sending them to Barcelona, because ....what precisely?
    If anything, in that club combo the only one owing something to the other club is Barcelona to Ajax.
    Grow up, man.:rolleyes:

DutchFanatic, celito, BocaFan and 2 others repped this.
  23. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh, never did I imply that they’re obliged to sell their players to us. I’m disappointed considering he could’ve regardless joined us even if he didn’t receive much chances this season. Valverde and Bartomeu are done after this season. I don’t need a shitty Feynoord fanboy to lecture me about growing up.

24. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And for that you hate him more than Phigo?! C'mon. No need to over-react.
    Phigo spent five seasons with Barca, was a club leader and highly regarded by Culés.
    It was bad enough that he decided to leave but by going directly to that White Trash club in the capital he basically gave the finger to every Barcelona supporter who ever cheered for him.
    Then he goes and accepts the 2000 Ballon award as a White Trash player while earning that award for his play with Barca before his treacherous move.
    For every Barcelona fan, Phigo is lower than a snake's belly. He is hated, despised, detested, viled, loathed, abhorred and every other negative word one can find. He is the Devil's mentor and a flat out rat bastard.
    Jimmy Jump throwing that Barcelona banner in Phigo's face was a priceless act that occurred in the best setting under the best circumstances possible.

Jimmy Jump 2004 Figo.jpg

We're all disappointed in De Ligt's decision but to place him on a level lower than Phigo... he is nowhere near worthy of such condemnation.
    But yeah, it does suck.

DutchFanatic repped this.