Yaser Asprilla - News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Albiceleste2010, Dec 5, 2021.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They are veterans and Lorenzo has consistently mentioned that he would rely on them.

I would like to see Yaser in October and he does have talent we can use off the bench.
    But he is only getting a few minutes here and there in a lower division so there's that too.
    Maybe Lorenzo wants him to become starter or log more minutes?

2. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ecuador gave the paez his kid minutes in the senior team and in a offcial match! Plus the kid is in a much lower tier league at the moment . Plus championship is still really competitive and better than alot of first division teams in europe . Lorenzo needs to put in fresh blood and thats that.

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He obviously does not care what Ecuador is doing.
    He just cares about the players he knows (vets) and the plan he has stated ad nauseum about bringing in the youth (gradually).

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It also depends on position obviously and proper context. Duran got playing time so we cannot really say he is not playing new blood.

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    And Lorenzo does not care what you think, either.

This is a forum. If we're just going to defer everything to "the coach will do what he thinks is right," there's literally no point in posting anything.

And it's not like J Mezzy is proposing anything crazy. We--and Lorenzo--know Asprilla can contribute to the SNT. We've seen it. He is playing more significant minutes in the Championship than James is playing in Brazil, too.

And, most of all, Colombia was very unimpressive last week. Things can and SHOULD be improved, opening the door for Lorenzo to make many possible changes.

kromekote, villus, ryu79 and 2 others repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #256 HomietheClown, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    I never said Lorenzo cares what I think. I just do not see him looking at Ecuador's situation and saying it is best for our situation. He has his own ideas.

I know this is a forum.
    No one is saying the coach is always right, just that he is consistent and has a plan and is sticking with that plan. I respect that he is not saying one thing and doing another.

Of Course JMEzzy's proposal is not crazy so I do not know why you bring that up. I agreed with him a long time ago that I would like to see Yaser on the roster.
    And I would not be surprised to see him added.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #257 HomietheClown, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    Going back to this topic, I myself am wondering now when Lorenzo will pull the trigger and let kids like Duran and Yaser get bigger roles.
    I am slowly becoming a bit impatient myself because I am anticipating those young guys to at least come in and bring a spark of energy we need to finish teams off. Yesterday could have been a good time but Uruguay scored so quickly in the second half and I think Lorenzo just panicked a bit and thought about other players.

That said, none of us thought James was going to play as well as he did against Uruguay so I can see why Lorenzo is taking his time and sticking with the Veterans. Same with a guy like Cuadrado when he played very well against Germany.

The glimmer of hope for us all should be that we are not in a situation where the kids must be playing too quickly and that rather they be transitioned in at a pace that would not be too desperate.
    I do hope though by Copa America we can see guys like Duran and Yaser play and be factors in our attacks.(At least as super subs.)

jay luis repped this.
  8. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel the same, but I feel like Lorenzo doesnt have the balls to do this in official games.his subs come in too late, and some don't even make sense. hopefully, he proves me wrong.

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That's your answer.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I couldn't watch the last games but maybe I get the feeling that he's the type of guy who tries something, sees it doesn't work and then completely changes it. So I still maintain some hope that we'll see those guys soon, however im also not convinced they are rly the answer either.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Him not getting minutes is absurd. Even if James can play past 70, with his history why on earth would you risk it?

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    because he's the only one on that level

13. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He scored. Was subbed in at 78 min and scored 5 min later. Hopefully that stupid manager starts giving him real minutes.

I would imagine that would go a long way with Lorenzo.

kromekote, HomietheClown and Azucarero repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto, ryu79, Doogs and 1 other person repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Seeing him on the right wing would be a lot more entertaining than Santos Borre that is for sure.
    Hopefully he can get more minutes and some starts for Watford though.

ryu79 repped this.
  16. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From the highlights from this game it shows that not only he scored but he created plenty of chances for his teammates to score.His coach said he needs to be more effective but we all know its the fowards on the field that need to work on that.

J-Mezzy and colombianballa91 repped this.
  17. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Everytime I watch his highlights he’s constantly creating opportunities but his teammates are just hot garbage. He needs to find a way out of there.

ryu79 repped this.
  18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #268 ryu79, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    Hope he stays healthy and starts impacting more games. If he does, can become so important for Colombia...

jay luis repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    This kid should be lining up for Lorenzo, even if 2nd half. He provides a change of pace that we're looking for. This is not new. He's been groomed with the NT for years. Now has 2 years of professional Euro experience under his belt.

Lorenzo was willing to line up some players that were not entirely top picks

2 MLS players,
    1 mediocre Rios
    1 guy that plays in Qatar,
    2 guys from the Colombian league (GK + Castano)

Asprilla doesn't come in with no experience and no futbol. Rios was given the chance ( I know dif positions) but don't see why Asprilla can't have the same look.

Next we play Brazil next and it will probably be the same excuse "don't want to break our young guys in to these high pressure games". And hence why we yield the same outcome time and time again.

Would love to see Asprilla, Carrascal, Arias, Diaz, Sini play together one day.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe in a second half of desperation when we are losing by a bunch of goals I can see a lineup like that.

But starting? Way too offensive with no defensive instincts or dsicipline.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think Yaser should be getting some minutes but Lorenzo is barely even playing Sini at this point so I'm not too hopeful. Some people playing, some people aren't there's not a consistency from Lorenzo he has his favorites and others aren't given a chance, to be fair I think the young guys like Yaser and Duran need to be playing and starting a decent amount at least, hard to give Yaser a starting roll over good players with more experience when he's not playing that much for club in the championship.

HomietheClown repped this.
  22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Castano is awesome. He just made the shit choice of going to Mexico instead of Nacional to get the hype train behind him

23. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the fact that he is not starting at Watford is playing a bit of a role.

They subbed him into the game at the 82nd minute today and he provides an assist for the win. Thats two straight games where he is subbed for only a few minutes and makes a difference.

The manager is a bum, no idea how he doesn’t get more playing time.

kromekote and ryu79 repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    odd way to treat a player you put a 20m price tag on

colombianballa91 repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe he just is not good enough to play a bunch of minutes? I mean he does have obvious talent and skill but he still looks a bit light and needs to work on his strength.
    If he is not ready for the physicality of the Championship he may not be ready for grueling qualifiers in South America.