Yanks you would like to see in MFL

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Bruce S, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    No trolling.I am one who believes that USA and Mexico drive each other forward.Except when we play each other, it is our best interest for our leagues,teams and players to inspire each other and challenge each other-hard. That said, which Yanks would you like to see play in Mexico and why? I think it is bizarre that we have so few players in each other's league.

2. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Honestly none

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I agree.

I think Mexico and the US should work together to raise the level of each other's league and national team.

I would love to see the day where both Yanks and Mexicans dont have to turn their heads to see what they are doing in Europe because of the extremely high level of competition that is played in our leagues (MLS and Primera Division). Both countries have different hurdles and barriers to overcome for that to happen, but it can happen.

as far as the question is concerned..

I think Donovan would succeed under a system that would allow him to run. I see him doing well in America or Atlas. They have very similar styles. If Claudio 'Piojo" Lopez does go back to Spain, I wouldnt mind seeing Donovan for America. He can run in the open. Donovan and Lopez have similar styles in that respect

It would be interesting to see Taylor Twellman, but I have my doubts about his ability to create.

4. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Twellman does not create, but he DOES finish.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i wouldn't mind seeing a few young national team pool wingbacks and Dmids head south of the border for a season or two

6. AMW F.C.

AMW F.C. New Member

May 25, 2005
    Legion 1908
    Id like to see Donovan. he would do great and greatly help any team towards the championship. I could see him playing for Atlas or America. Id also like to see freddy adu get tossed like a little punk.

7. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    1. Landon Donovan - I heard a couple of years ago America was interested in him but I don't know what happened. He's got the skills.
    2. Kasey Keller
    3. Eddie Johnson

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    none. i say that because i would like to see young players go over there and learn some better technical abilities, but i dont know any young players so i cant list them.

9. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    i've thought of this before. i believe it's not uncommon for korean players to play in japan, and vice versa.

i'd like to see keller play mexico. and perhaps a young guy like dempsey or johnson.

10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    eddie johnson on america. donovan would ride the bench in america. he is not better than navia, kleber, lopez, or cuau. maybe in the midfield position.

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd like to see some top mexicans and mfl players to come here. kleber, chelito, o. sanchez, borgetti, etc. i realize its not realistic at all, but for fun thoughts....

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    A while back there was talk of a MFL/MLS Inter-Liga Cup and also a rule which would allow Mexican and American players to not count as foreigners in each others league. Not exactly sure what happened but i wouldnt count out either possibility. Below i will provide a list of Yanks i would like to see in the MFL :

Pablo Mastroeni : The Argie flamer would be a perfect fit for Cruz Azul. His best skill obviously is shutting down Cuauhtemoc Blanco which would give "The Blue Machine" a good chance of finally beating America. Images of Temoc waving his fist at Mastro make the rounds in the daily footy rags.

Landy Cakes : One of the most complete Yank players. Would be perfect fit in Clubs like America and Atlas. However he would end up with the club from Capital city as his exploits in Jalisco stadium (Atlas) are still fresh in the minds of the fans.

Antonio "Chivas" Martinez : His name says it all, Chivas. SIKE :D :p

Freddy Adu : The American phenom would become a much better player in Atlas where he will be under the tutelage of Marcelo "Loco" Bielsa, the Argentine mastermind that helped polish some of the best players in the current MNT and Argentine Nat team. He will do for Adu what DC U has failed to do.

Tim Howard : He would be a perfect fit at Monterrey were they have been lacking a quality keeper. Although i have my doubts since i have been reading about Howard making some neub mistakes and costing Manure games in both league and Champions league play. Still he would be better than anything Moneterrey has had recently.

Marvel Wayne : good defender, knows how to attack and is a very promising player. He would be a good fit at Tigres UNAL, Pachuca, Atlas or just about any other club.

13. edu76

edu76 Member

Mar 28, 2005

America wanted Donovan back when America was going to buy San Jose and move them to Houston, but Donovan refused to go. I think he wants to stay is SoCal. He is probably the only guy I'd like to see in MFL. I don't think MLS has anything to offer to primera. Maybe primera A

14. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Marvell Wynne

15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    same here

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Donovan, Beasley, Adu, and they should all play for Leon. :D A few years back that team seemed to be the USA hotspot. Let'em help resurrect an old school team.

17. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    but this is just the same old trolling.Over on the USA boards, everyone thinks all of the yank players are better, you think all of the mex players are better.The ugly truth is that the top players of both teams are on the same general level.Having said that, I was more interested in who would fit where.Can we skip the trolling crap altogether for once?Please.

19. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX

donovan wanted to stay home. No seriously, he wanted to stay home.

20. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Maybe you guys are forgetting but pretty soon Sammy Ochoa (Tecoman) could be playing in 1st Division.

First off I wouldn't want Keller or any other goalkeepers, the young goalkeepers are progressing at an extraordinary level in Mexico right now and they need to get their experience (Corona, Ochoa, Saucedo).

Landy Cakes would hate it in Mexico. The marking is a lot better than people think.

I think every time he got fouled he'd start whining and crying like Cuauhtemoc does.

Besides, the sun shining down on that soon-to-be bald head of his would have him crying and running back to the States.

21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    well, it looks impossibel to have a US-Mex dialogue without trolling

22. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think many players from MLS would succeed in the MFL...perhaps the very promising young ones, that way they can establish under the MFL system.

23. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    not every goalie in the mfl is young, or mexican for that matter...

24. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Who's trolling? This is my home board, not yours...

25. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whoa, new respect for our Naco Guero.

:D

I think Bruce means no harm. Daniel Hernandez is the only MLS product playing regularly so I don't think it's impossible for a few other guys to crack some line-ups.