Yanks on Foreign YNTs (1997 and later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomas Romero in for an El Salvador U23 mini-camp:

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomas Romero in for an El Salvador U23 mini-camp:

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No official roster announcement yet, but I'm pretty sure that San Jose Earthquakes GK Emmanuel Ochoa will be in the next Mexico U16 camp. He's the youngest HGP in MLS history.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It was inevitable. Hugo Perez has started recruiting from San Jose’s academy.

I mentioned to someone a month and a half ago that I hope he doesn’t recruit Ochoa to Mexico, but it’s hard to believe he eventually wouldn’t. That doesn’t however mean that Ochoa won’t end up playing for us, but this could be another dual-national recruiting battle.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I’m actually more concerned about losing Alejandro Cano and Allen Juarez. US Soccer has never reached out to them and invited them to a camp. At least Ochoa has been in US camps several times and they have given him game time. Ochoa played for Santa Cruz Breakers the past few years so I don’t think he has even met Hugo Perez.

On the other hand, Cano played the 6 for Hugo Perez at Silicon Valley Soccer Academy last year and both he and Allen Juarez were invited to a Mexican ID camp in LA on Perez’s recommendation but the San Jose Quakes refused to release them.

David Kerr, Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Both of those kids should be called into a US camp IMO. I think it’s long past due, especially with Cano.

David Kerr, ChuckMe92 and jeff_adams repped this.
  7. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Welp, friend of mine that knows Hugo Perez says that Hugo told him Emmanuel Ochoa left for Mexico camp today.

ussoccer97531, ChuckMe92 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Salvador U20 latest camp includes one American, '02 W Edgardo Artero of FC Golden State U19.

Haiti U23 qualifying roster includes '99 CB Francois Dulysse, '00 CB Delentz Pierre, '01 F Louicius Don Deedson. Delentz is the older brother of '02 CB Kurowskybob "Bobby" Pierre, who started for Haiti at the U17 WC but was with the US U20s in January.

ussoccer97531 and BostonRed repped this.
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, new Chicago Fire HG '04 Allan Rodriguez was invited to the most recent Mexico U17 camp (along with Antonio Leone), but he was denied release by Chicago.

10. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ussoccer97531 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miljevic feels strongly about all three countries, rightfully so. He's a representative case of a multi-national player who doesn't have a clear-cut allegiance.

-USA: Grateful he was born there, was happy to return to Miami and visit the house where he first grew up and where his father worked. He said he looks up to Pulisic because both of them are Croatian-American soccer players. Has enjoyed his experience with the USYNTs.

-Argentina: spent nearly all his life there, was developed there as a player and identifies as an "enganche" (Argentinean playmaker), and has enjoyed his experience with their youth teams.

-Croatia: their fed is currently making what seems to be a more persistent push than the other two nations (he said the CFF is calling every day); he identifies with his Croatian roots and was very close with his Croatian grandfather.

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    IMO, if he bolts for another problem, it will be made into a bigger deal than it is. I’m not convinced he’s in the best 20/21 for this U-20 cycle.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

BostonRed and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  14. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is there a link to the Instagram Post? I don't have an account and can't seem to find it

15. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer has been very proactive with multi-nats recently. There seem to be almost no known big prospects who they haven't at least attempted to reach out to. Sanogo wants to make his debut with the US youth teams. Brian Sciaretta said recently on Twitter that Balogun was offered a spot on the 2019 U20 World Cup roster.

Attached Files:

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  16. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    No harm in asking, though just a reminder that a switch for him would be permanent and while he has not been cap-tied to England at the U20 level, that qualifying competition is not finished so there are presumably more callup opportunities for him this cycle. (England did make it out of the preliminary round.)

ChuckMe92, ussoccer97531 and BostonRed repped this.
  18. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest Mexico U15 camp ('06s) includes Silicon Valley SA keeper Alejandro Caracheo, Modesto Ajax United forward Daniel Fregoso, and Chicago FC United midfielder Celestino Vasquez. Caracheo was at the '06 USYNT West ID camp in March.

autobus39 repped this.
  19. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't imagine what it'll be. Maybe the permanent cap-tie becomes a provisional cap-tie, and a player if they were cap-tied to Germany at age 24 can then switch to the USA at age 28.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe it's more like permanent cap tie is now playing in a tourney instead of just qualifiers. Too many countries use 1 game for like a few min just to permanently cap tie.

or it could be their idea from the past, that there is a time limit for a player. Like if you haven't been called up after X number of years you could switch. Not a fan of this idea since it kills any idea of any recall.

but there is no "benefit" for this to USA, it's a double edge sword. If USA can use it it also means other FAs could do it on the USA too. USA has a lot of duals/triples, you can't play everyone in seniors. Could open door to dissatisfied players.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Yeah, I hope that there isn't a fundamental loosening. I don't mind dual nationals at all, but the whole idea of a national team loses all meaning if players can switch at will.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I dunno -- I get the sentiment, but I don't see how more flexibility, within reason, at pre-adult levels really hurts anyone. Different question at the MNT level, certainty.

24. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Pre-adult, I'm fine with.

It's after that where I really don't want to see a mercenary market. My dad sailed, so we always watched the America's Cup together. I haven't really paid attention since it was last in the Bay Area, but it lost a lot of meaning when the Italian team would be made up of Kiwi sailors and so forth.

25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I mean, if the new rule is that you can play in World Cups for more than one country then, sure, might be a bit much. The newest America's Cup rules don't even require citizenship for the full crew if I understand them correctly. Don't see soccer doing that too soon.

gogorath repped this.