Yanks Abroad Flavors of the Week: 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 16, 2019.

1. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any of you stat nerds know if anyone keeps track of penalties drawn? is that even a thing?

2. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure that it exists but I have no idea how to find it. But Pulisic is pretty dang good at it. i thought he should have drawn 2 today. The one they reviewed and decided not to call looked penalty to me. Guy stepped on his instep.

3. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    I agree. I believe that Willian was off by that point. I wonder who Frank would have had taken it.

4. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I thought I saw CP grab the ball while they were reviewing it.

dams repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that too. Kind of had a look saying I keep getting these and I’m going to start taking my share of them.

To reply to the who else might take it question made me think of back when some keepers took ok’d and even free kicks. Added suspense in case they missed and we’re way out of goal.

largegarlic repped this.
  6. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Shaq had a secondary assist. The move to right midfield looks to be paying dividends.
    Sabbi scored a goal.
    Pulisic did his thing.
    Jedi Robinson, along with Pulisic, continue to have strongest post lockdown form.

Winoman repped this.
  7. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaq and Tenerife are hitting form at the right time, they look like they'll latch on to a playoff spot

8. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Holmes's Derby are 3 points out.
    Shaq's Tenerife are 1 point away.
    Nova's Frosinone are still in the play-off places.

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Novakovich's contribution is to be tall and look threatening enough to distract the rival defenders.

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm watching a little of the Newcastle v. WestHam and I don't doubt Weston could do just as well as Saint-Maximin whom they just praised for his contribution at Newcastle. I think Steve Bruce would be the right guy to put some order into Weston's game.

dspence2311 repped this.
  11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just deleted some off topic posts.

truefan420 repped this.
  12. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Speaking of Pulisic and PKs, do we have anyone on the Nats who's good at PKs now? I kind of feel like we haven't since had a go-to guy since Donovan. Dempsey was a little sketchy. I was thinking maybe Sargent, but I remembered that he missed that one versus Mexico. So, Lampard, do us a favor and start getting Pulisic some experience scoring from the spot.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  13. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Leicester City reportedly considering Jedi as a replacement for Chilwell should the latter leave.

An LB at a UCL-leve,l EPL club would be great. Luckily, Gregg took the opportunity to cap-tie him :rolleyes:

14. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Who is Jedi? If it’s Dest I think that guy has very big ambitions. If someone bigger than LC comes sniffing I think he would take the biggest offer.

15. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Jedi is Antonee Robinson, thus the :rolleyes: instead of the :thumbsup: or :inlove:

dspence2311 repped this.
  16. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altidore has been pretty good with PK’s and even converted one against Chelsea for Sunderland. :cool: We’ll see what future brings with young guys. I like Willian at Chelsea with PK’s. He is a cool customer.

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly and it’s based on his twitter handle @Antonee_Jedi.

Bajoro and dspence2311 repped this.
  18. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i totally get credit- ive been trying to self start that rumor for like a week

eta: unless youre responding to my rumor, in which case i still get credit

robinson to leicester ftw!

19. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Wait, Robinson is, in fact, cap-tied, right? Lotta jokes about it here, but not sure if he is or not based on his what, 8 caps? Gotta think that he is, but you never know with Egg, he's no Lovitz.

21. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Robinson is not cap tied. Neither is CCV, or Weah. Weah and CCV would have to file a one time switch to change. Robinson is free to do whatever he wants.

It is too bad we haven't had any cap tying games against a cupcake like Cuba recently. Or that we couldn't have possibly played the Gold Cup without the secret weapon off the bench that is Lovitz.

Outside Sarachan, basically every YNT and NT coach has ignored Antonee.

Zinkoff, Winoman, CZM4 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Wow, that is awful. Not super worried because I can't imagine England being interested with their riches of talent these days, but it's not completely off the table. If he moves up to the PL and plays well, surely they would at least have the conversation with a 22-23 year old left back.

Just another pelt on the wall for the "fire Egg" argument.

Zinkoff, CZM4 and Patrick167 repped this.
  23. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    ARob has only talked about the USA. But things can change and LBs are always needed. If he is playing in the EPL or Serie A next year, he might start thinking about things. This isn't like Dest, who played and started on every YNT team he could have. Robinson was ignored by Ramos and all the rest. He has been given one half opportunity with Gregg.

I do think he has been sold on going to the Olympics with the USA. But those are now cancelled.

It truly is crazy he is not cap tied and Lovitz played as much as he did last year. Gregg brough Chase Gasper to the camps with Cuba.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    For all the rumors of Antonee Robinson going to top clubs, from all I've seen of him, he looks to me like nothing extraordinary.

Sure he's better than Lovitz, but that's a low bar.