Yanks abroad 2023-2024 thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 3, 2023.

1. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
  2. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    1. Wes has a goal or forces an own goal but they still lost. Idiot goalkeeper and defender messed up.
    2. sub Weah did a cross which resulted a goal.
    3. Luca has an assist but they gave up 3 goals in last 8 minutes to Barca.

Yowza and FTGOTC repped this.
  3. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
  4. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Good to see de la Torre has graduated to central midfield starter. And his ground duels won numbers have picked up.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sassuolo-Juve, le pagelle di CM: Szczesny e Gatti ...

McKennie 5,5:
    non impone il solito ritmo, inevitabile la staffetta all'ora di gioco nonostante ci metta lo zampino sul gol del momentaneo 1-1

(15' st Weah 6: prova a far cambiare marcia, in ripartenza è un'arma preziosa)

McKennie 5.5: does not put forth his usual pace, the relay at game time is inevitable despite having a hand on the first goal that made the scoreline 1-1

(15' st Weah 6: he tried to change gears, on the restart and seems to be a precious weapon)

Sassuolo-Juventus 4-2, le pagelle
    Sassuolo-Juventus 4-2, le pagelle ; 7/24. MATHEUS HENRIQUE: voto 7 (MVP) ; 8/24. BERARDI: voto 7 ; 9/24. BAJRAMI: voto 5,5.

• MCKENNIE: voto 6.5
    • dal 60' WEAH voto 5,5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s not ideal but Otasowie had a ton of issues that were reported, while we’ve never heard anything like this from Tillman.

Just last year Marcus Rashford was benched for Man U after oversleeping and went on a tear after.

The concern would be if this sort of stuff continues to happen, but I don’t think we have any indication it will.

Bajoro, Pegasus and Winoman repped this.
  7. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good news is that stamina improves into the 30s. The bad news is that Musah's starting point in that category is low. The other good news is that he pushed through the full 90 regardless.

Scissorkick Collins repped this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 5, 2001
    It started as another horror of a weekend and still had some low points. But it picked up.

Scissorkick Collins repped this.
  9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People forget how young Dest is as a fullback.

Two years at PSV and then try a top league again as a more mature and seasoned player is very realistic.

jaykoz3 and Yowza repped this.
  10. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they said sleeping, not body waxing

butters59 repped this.
  11. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I would like to see Bosz use this to light a fire under Tillman. He's a little too laid back. And um sleepy.

12. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Three Seria A right wing backs (McKennie, Weah, Musah)are all behind Dest.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These EPL promoted sides are bad.........I dont recall a worse 3 going up in quite some time. Maybe the West Brom, Norwich, Crystal Palace of the Iain Dowie era.

Sheffield United completely dismantled by Newcastle. Embarrassingly so. Trusty isnt playing thank goodness, but after a 7-0 (and counting) loss, Sheffield United are going to be forced to make changes. Hopefully Trusty is one of the obvious first changes

14. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luton seemed from the start like they were going to finish last and go straight back down, but I thought Burnley would be ok, mostly because I like Kompany as a coach but so far they haven't done much.

On the other hand teams like Everton and Wolves aren't really doing anything either. At the start of the season Everton, Wolves, and Luton were my picks to go back down but it feels like Sheffield is heading that way too and Burnley isn't too far behind.

With Sheffield what's disappointing is they aren't playing well and Trusty isn't really getting minutes either.

15. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some fans always complain about the bottom teams in the EPL, but this time it's fair. It was obvious from their lack of resources and pedigree, that group would suck. The teams they replaced are superior in those regards. In fact, that may have an all-time great relegation-battling group. The league, at least toward the bottom, is far less competitive now.

From our standpoint, that's probably good, because it gives clubs we are more invested in, like Forest & Fulham, who could have otherwise been drawn into a fight, plenty of leeway. They should finish more toward the mid-table group as a result. And maybe it gives Bournemouth and Adams, who hasn't had a chance to impact their outcomes early, a reprieve. Though I think they're still in serious danger.

FTGOTC and grandinquisitor28 repped this.
  16. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really odd thing to say given that Musah was one of our top runners at WC2022 just behind Adams and actually covered the most distance at speed > 25kph. Jedi did have the most high intensity sprints.

acima repped this.
  17. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huge breaking news- manager does single, small aspect of job after months of meetings, brainstorming sessions and consultants advised.

...gregg "met" with gio.

TheHoustonHoyaFan and Winoman repped this.
  18. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scuffed did an interview with someone who does this kind of mediation and it was pretty insightful.

Pegasus repped this.
  19. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    the devaluation of expertise is pervasive

jaykoz3, gogorath and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  20. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mediator recommends mediation. Gasp!

21. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Someone who knows what he is talking about shares his expertise in an interview. I guess populism has wormed its way into these boards as well. Populism is always popular until the populists get their chance to run things.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  22. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Populism doesn’t enter into it. Of course a mediator will recommend mediation, just like a lawyer will recommend a lawyer.

tomásbernal, theboogeyman and Winoman repped this.
  23. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Did you listen to the podcast

deejay repped this.
  24. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    People who listen to a podcast will always recommend listening to a podcast.

25. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I recommend doing due diligence and reviewing available information before posting but I guess I only recommend that because I like doing it.

jaykoz3 repped this.