Yaikel Perez

Discussion in 'Baltimore' started by ccuba71, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well as I said before, Yaikel Perez is with the Palace, I only can say one more since, you guys the best foward of the entire USSF 2. He is impressive, he can look as american foot-ball player, but really skillfull he can play as a foward but if his team need it he can play as a creative midfielder and created a lot of ocasions for his team mates.

the report on NASL has a mistake. Yaikel came from play last season with Atletico San Juan on the PR League, the year before he played for Guaynabo Fluminense in the same league and he was a top scorer. Last march he played with the PR Sevilla on the Caribbean Champions tournament.

If some one want to take a close look to the new player I recomend visit

htt://futbol-cubano.blogspot.com

in the third column is a video of him.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder why PR Islanders didn't scoop him up?

3. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is the same question that every body that I know in PR and knows Yaikel ask.
    Last year Columbus Crew don't took him because not have spot for him in the roster, but he impress so much that the assistant coach try to sent him to a clug in the Ireland Second Division, the only problem was that Yaikel didn't have his papers ready.

4. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So far, Yaikel showing well with right players around him. Seems to work hard. Still early and team is trying different combinations, especially with 4 mates still playing indoors. He has opportunity to play with Latin-Caribe mix of Neto, Lucio, Teixiera, Fusilier, Versailles and strong-man (holding) striker Brooks, along with US-J-League combo of Yoshi, Taki, Healey, Patterson, Seabrook, Lader and strong-man (holding) striker Brooks :)

Of course, wild card is speedy Cameroonian Mbuta. :D

Palace back line has been solid in past seasons but is question going into season. Level of finishers and departure of Harada may create problems for new keepers and mainstays Basso, Flores, Marshall, and Robson, along with newcomers Pejic, (Taki) and Jonke. Group still looking for right mix but could jell, especially if midfield can show possession and ability to attack. :confused:

5. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If still problems with the defense I highly recomend sign Yaikel friend Erlys Diaz, On of the players that left the cuban U-23 in Tampa, he is pretty solid, and he can play central defence and also could be a left back, he played couple minutes on the second half of the game against of the Loyola

6. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not ware of his play - team has plenty of outside backs (most with speed and technical skill) - Flores, Taku, Basso and both Robson & Marshall can play outside. Need a "beefy center back with speed to handle the more physical strikers in the league.

7. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He can fill that position for sure he is natural center back, he can be used as an outsideback if the team need it, but his normal position is center back, for what I heard he should did good the minutes that he was in the pitch agains Loyola because the head coach has been asking for him