Yahoo! Soccer Pass - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by The Truth Commission, Oct 23, 2004.

1. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Trying to get set up to watch the Crew match from Japan on Yahoo. Have tricked my computer to believe that it's in the USA (won't open the pop-up window otherwise), but when I click on any archived game, the program "initializes" until it reaches 40%, and then I receive an "Action Cancelled...Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page may be temporarily unavailable" message.

Had the same problem when I was trying to watch the live feed of Colorado-LA yesterday morning. Anyone with more than a semester's worth of computer science background willing to help?

Thanks
    JR
    Misawa, Japan

2. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    I had the same problem. you need to turn off Norton Internet Security or any other internet security program you have running.

sjw

3. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Doing that leads me to the next problem, a new screen that reads, "Sorry, but Soccer Pass is not available outside the United States."

4. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    Cant help you on that front since im in the us

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, for God's sake. Can't somebody help out here?

I don't know beans about this ********, sorry. Whenever I have problems like this, everyboduy says it's MS Explorer. So I switched to Mozilla Firefox and now I have a different set of problems.

6. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Might have it figured out now, but how much of a risk am I taking using an "anonymous" public proxy server (www.publicproxyservers.com) without security/firewall?

Thanks again for your help.

7. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This may come out wrong, but....

you're in Japan, home of crazy electronic afluence, and you can't find anyone who can help you there?

Hope it works for you man, I know how it was when I spent my semester in Rome.

8. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    It might help if a) it wasn't 8 AM on Sunday, b) I spoke Japanese, and c) the Japanese folks here (10 hrs north of Tokyo) spoke english.

9. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry it is so late, but this will help for the game next week...

I'm sure you'll be fine turning off your firewall with the anonymous proxy... when the yahoo thing is loaded, just turn it back on. for some reason it only blocks it when it hasn't been loaded before.

10. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    fly in on the weekends?

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What browser are you using?

12. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are using MIE, make sure you have both HTTP 1.1 settings UNchecked. You can do this in the menu titled "advanced" in TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS

13. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Thanks for all of your help today - I was finally able to view the video, but it was running about a frame per minute, so I shut it off and turned on Dwight instead. It had better be a better video feed next Monday morning - I need a good excuse to show up late to work.

As for flying in, that's a good consideration as well. The frequent flyer miles would be nice.

14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might need to switch from proxy to proxy until you find one that runs faster. I have had to do that on many occasions.

publicproxyservers.com is a good place to find them, as is www.aliveproxy.com/