Xvid

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Chicago1871, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Downloaded a show from bittorrent that is Xvid. How do I go about playing it? I've tried everything I can think of. The folder contains about a dozen or so files. I've downloaded the Xvid codec and such...nada. Xvid, winrar, etc. Bubkiss.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe the same problem as this one

If getting ffdshow alone doesn't do the trick, you could try getting a video player that can play files that sometimes don't work on Windows Media Player, like Windows Media Player Classic

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post a directory listing - that'll help me (us) figure out what you've got on your hands.

4. Roffadam

Roffadam Red Card

Jun 21, 2005
    Rotterdam, NLD
    m8..download this and you have all the codecs you need:

www.xpcodecpack.com

Free, NO spyware/adware!

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys. I figured it out late last night. It's a bit convoluted to have to have the Xvid Codec and WinRAR to open the files. Damn. Oh well, at least I got to see the last half of the recent Entourage episode.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    It's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once I found everything it was fine. I'd rather just download the codec (as opposed to the codec and six programs with it), and be able to play the files on Divx or VLAN or WMP or even Quicktime without having to use WinRAR to combine the whole thing. Shoot, make an Xvid player, that'd be fine too. I just have more junk on my system now that before. Not a huge deal, but a bit annoying.