Xhaka Zulu. Boom Xhakalaka. The man made of Granit. The Xhaka Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Jan 11, 2017.

1. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know whether you're saying that to protect Xhaka's alleged racism or because you truly believe it. Either way it's wrong.

2. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I dont care about Xhaka. I care about what people wanting to feel racially oppressed. I wish I could swap the oppression I and other oppressed persons suffer with, but they are not interested.

I am more concerned about the misogynist and sexist comment than the word "white."

3. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who wants to feel racially oppressed?

If you don't care about any and every individual on this planet being derided for the colour of their skin then you are part of the problem.

Fifty repped this.
  4. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    #29 casoccerdad47, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    A bitch is a female dog, so the use of the word bitch is inherently sexist. But it also a word that is used so casually in our society that it has taken on another meaning. Bitchy is defined as spiteful or malicious behavior in the Merrian Webster dictionary. Certainly calling a group of women bitches is explicitly sexist, e.g. When some Trump supporters called the women from the Women's March on Washington bitches that is sexist. However, because use of the word is so casual, when you call someone a bitch based on what you consider to be bad or rude behavior the sexism involved is more subtle.

5. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you.

On the subject of racism it angers me that we lump these two things together:

a) People being derided for the color of their skin
    b) Institutionalized racism

a) sticks and stones
    b) social mobility, life opportunities

I don't know why we are talking about Xhaka's actions when there are people not being afforded opportunities because they have darker skin. We have individuals that speak of racial genocide yet we're outraged about this? This to me is the same sort of thing where we are outraged at someone stealing a car, when there are people stealing billions in "more acceptable" forms of white collar crimes.

It's not that I don't care about being called a name -- it's that I'd much rather to be judged fairly when I apply for a job/loan/grant/school.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well said m8.

7. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Jeeze Louise this fcuking thread man

If you're going to fractionalize how racist something is, it's always going to be 3/5 racist.

8. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

danielh, DaPrince84 and daedalus repped this.
  9. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. @DaPrince84 you the real racist bruv!!

daedalus, DaPrince84 and Super Llama repped this.
  10. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I'd like to use this moment to point out that 53% of White women voted for Donald Trump. Maybe Xhaka was yelling at a woman who was a Trump voter and told him that he should go back home?

11. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    SIR

SIR

SIR

SIR

ALL LIVES MATTER SIR

daedalus, danielh, mebeSajid and 2 others repped this.
  12. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    BUILD THAT BLUE LIVES MATTER WALL SIR!!

daedalus and Super Llama repped this.
  13. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I don't really care about politics but i have to say everyone of my immigrant elderly relatives are extremely alarmed. Sad tings

14. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    SIR WHEN YOU SEE THE LIGHTS ON MY SEGWAY THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO PULL OVER, KEEP CALM, BES RESPECTFUL AND MAGA.

This is an accurate crystallization of my (overwhelmingly white) social media TLs:

daedalus, DutchCane and DaPrince84 repped this.
  15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    this same dumbass was getting on Kaepernick for kneeling, while a few weeks earlier praised Muhammad Ali.

16. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chris Meloni? That's disappointing

DutchCane repped this.
  17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apologies, he quoted Ali a lot in the past but slammed Kaepernick for kneeling. He didnt understand why Kaepernick was doing it.

DutchCane repped this.
  18. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm white as ********, all of my great-grandparents were born in America, and I have roots here back to the 1650s. And I'm extremely alarmed. I'm not sure that the next transition of power will be a peaceful one.

DutchCane repped this.
  19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the word on Xhaka's knee injury? First I heard it was serious and likely to rule him out of WC, but then I heard it was just a bone bruise and he should hopefully play.

Honestly I'm slightly conflicted about the potential answer. The main part of me doesn't want him to have a serious injury or rehab. The minor part of me wouldn't mind if he missed out on the WC and was better rested for us next season.

20. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One year later... topic is switched
    Where is the segue?

21. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah phew this thread went a little wild a year ago

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I just looked for the Xhaka thread to post my news/question, but didn't actually read what the majority of the posts were about, the last time people were using this thread. So maybe, with a little luck, Xhaka will come good this year under Emery and induce us to post a few more positive things in his thread. :)

23. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    10/10 - reading the whole thing over again.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  24. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Prince has said this before and I agree--Xhaka was actually really good in the second half of the season. But he was also truly atrocious the first half--like directly responsible for a significant difference in points. So we can hope with a bit more tactical direction and a better structure around him he'll continue his ascent.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #50 NorthBank, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    And just to bring this thread up to date...

Xhaka is stripped of the captaincy. After some instinctive but stupid behavior towards his own fans, while they booed him after his unceremonious removal from the draw vs Wolves.

A remaining mystery in this melodrama is whether Granit will play much of a contributory role in the rest of our season.

Maybe he'll dredge up some maturity, form and consistency. But I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.