Wynalda replaces Cohen on Fox Football Fone-In

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by dncm, Jul 29, 2009.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually he is saying Rooney is the best player in the world. I don't think so.

2. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, as long as it's the EPL that moves the needle, expect the skewed view from the home of English Football in the US

3. highflyerone

highflyerone Member

Aug 18, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched FFF for about 5 weeks and quickly terminated the show from my TV listings. Wynalda and Webster always stick to the same topics, which are:

1. Who will win the EPL?
    2. Who will advance/win the Champions League?
    3. Who is the "best player in the world" ?
    4. Recent comments from Sir Alex/Jose Mourinho.
    5. Lets take a call from someone associated to the MLS (player/coach).

They don't talk about anything outside of England, and when they do its Champion's League related. They are always shocked when a quality player plays outside of England (won't kill them to study players from other leagues), and for goodness sake, theres something called the Europa League, won't kill you to mention it. Come on. Just my .02.

4. Cpt_K

Cpt_K Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nick Webster has made mention during the show before that FFFI is there to promote programming that airs on FSC and that is why they don't talk other leagues outside of the Prem, Serie A, Champions League, MLS, WPS, USWNT,and USMNT.

5. Donofan_10

Donofan_10 Red Card

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the thing is, they DONT talk enough about serie a, champs league (now that theres no english teams), mls, wps, uswnt, and mnt (only before and after a game)

6. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    agreed, it's no longer required viewing for me.

whinealda "keepin' it real" is just code for him being a jacka$$. After three weeks in a row of tuning in to hear my favorite team called a "boy band that cares about it's hair too much" I was certainly done.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I hope he's not still saying that. Four goals against one of the most stingy defences in England was surely enough to shut his pie-hole, yeah?

8. highflyerone

highflyerone Member

Aug 18, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is the case then I retract my statement(s). I didn't know.

9. interglory

interglory Red Card

Mar 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    o please 1 1/2 of that stupid show is epl talk and serious talk, and then half ass coverage of serie a and cl and that is it.i hope from now on when we know that epl race is over they can get serious and talk about serie a french and german title race

10. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck. They don't even cover the EPL and Champions League well. It basically 2 hours of banter, product placement, emails from eye candy, interviews and commercials. I will give them credit for getting interesting interviews from Europe - via Skype(tm) - but they never get into any depth on any topic. But it is what it is. It's more watchable that it was earlier in the year. Like going to the flea market - you just have to pick through the bad stuff to find a gem every now and then.

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they should talk about NASL....