WWC teams' fans tribute thread

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by dcajedi, Sep 20, 2003.

1. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I thought I would start a thread to pay tribute to the fan clubs of national teams at the Women's World Cup. So from today:

-- To the small but wonderfully-costumed band of Norwegians at Lincoln Field, including two guys in disco suits and a nifty Austin Power lookalike. They all had flags and were singing and chanting.

-- To the loud and proud green-clad Nigerians who came from all over the country (not to mention from home) to support the Super Falcons. They brought a couple big bass drums, some wonderful rhythmic chanting, and had a flag for just about anyone who wanted one. And they stuck it out the whole game, rather unlike their team.

-- And finally, to the HUGE Korean section, which started as two separate sections but joined forces in the second half to really get the place rocking. I swear they must have had at least 10 drums and their pro-unification message was well-received. I was actually surprised to see so many South Koreans rooting for the North.

To be continued...

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    There is only one team to root for and it's the United States Women's National Team. Mucho props to the DC Gang tailgating at RFK right now downing Irish Car Bombs.
    :eek:
    :eek:

3. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    USA

[​IMG]

I'll go ahead and say it for you DC fans, LA NORTE PRESENTE!

4. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    [​IMG]

Good showing in DC, guys, we can always count on support for our national teams there.

Sachin, one day they'll build a statue of you, my man;)

5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia