WTF? I mean really?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Dom. FC, Sep 4, 2007.

1. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you have cried about this more than anyone, you are over reacting to this whole situation. I will post in here, so I can post my .02cents worth of information. But as far as I am concerned this is not a 'free' board, where you can cry about everything and anything. You have shown your displeasure in stickies, but yet the mods have decided to keep it. I didn't force them too put it there. Hell Im not even a Bigsoccer 'Supporter/Member' [or whatever it is called when you pay this site]. I was not the one who said sticky-clap-clap-clap, or MODS please stickie. Yea I idid waste 10 minutes of my day writing it, and no I didn't ask for it to be placed there. So if you have such a big problem with it PM a mod and cry to them. I PM'd you-which you already shown your displeasure for again, so please lets not whine and cry about three stickies-HEAVENS FORBID A FOURTH GETS PLACED THERE WITH SOME ACTUAL IMPROTANCE TO THE CLUB. AND THEN AGAIN YOU WILL MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON YOU DISPLEASURE WITH STICKIES...

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Hi, My name is Mark, and I do not support too many stickies :D

3. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont support too many ethier.:)

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Downsized?!?! I ********ing quit!

5. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with most stuff here, as I am guilty of the whole grammer and spellig part:)

6. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Since we are on the topic of stickies...

Why is the Columbus thread still stickied?

And yes, I hate them stickies. Hate them all. They are for lazy un-american, terrorist loving people.
    If we have stickies, then Osama wins. And none of us want that.
    :p

7. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People, please---let's stay on topic! I thought this was a thread about Thiago :)

So, for a while, my sig line said, "newnew is my new Jarek." Eventually that elicited what has to be my favorite PM ever. I saved it. Here it is...

8. TLee

TLee New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Racine, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this really an issue...:confused:

The more dumb, uninfomed, ignorant posts the better. Makes me look like a genious...or is that genius. I always forget.

9. ManU62280

ManU62280 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Colorado
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care about stickies, all I want to know is when is Riquelme coming?

10. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kill the stickies.

Don't submit to this tyranny.

11. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I've seen him at the past few games I've gone to.

Isn't he the son of one of the supporters? Cute kid. :p

12. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    Hi.... My name is Miguel and I'm an alcoholic too.;)

13. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    See how editing for brevity can make things more clear? Also as another writing tip you used cry and cried too many times so it lost its impact, try for synonyms like; b!tched, moaned, p!ssed and moaned, kvetched and so on -- it can make your writing more interesting to read. Lastly don't forget what has been mentioned already about spelling and grammar being important, get a handle (I mean really) on those and your writing will appear more grown-up even though you're only 9-months old here at Big Soccer.

If you can't take some (well deserved IMO) kidding about your posting here then I'm truly sorry you have such thin skin. If you can't see why I think a stickied and locked thread (one or the other - please - for reasons that should be beyond obvious) seems ridiculous (note the spelling on that one - lots of people miss it) seek help with logic and critical thinking now. And that is without even getting into the content of said thread, which I think I maybe might have mentioned a couple things about previously? ;>)

I really like your enthusiasm for the Rapids, I mean really, but don't make the mistake of taking B.S. too seriously, or personally.

On edit I guess I forgot to note the rich irony of the fact that you couldn't post your ending-in-out-of-control ALL CAPs retort in your own dang posting advice thread because it is locked. If it is any consolation at least you can find it easily, it is a 'sticky'. Peace, Love, Fire Clavijo. ;>), ;>), ;>0

14. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea never took anything seriously, may use harsh words or sound pissed off, but I will never take BS or any other froum to the heart. And if I did life would be meaningless. As you can ask most of the people that post here-at least that I have met on a personal basis, I think Im pretty calm, and I think I dont take anything to my heart-at least I don't think so.

Lets all let the 'tension' of this thread calm down, and my angry and pissed off wording losen up a little bit.:)

And NO NEED to say sorry for me being thin skinned, and a bad speller. I just type away and hope everything comes out right. With a double check here or there. Maybe you got to meet me...:)

Peace. Teddy...

15. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some people find stickied threads annoying. Some people find it annoying when new posters come into a forum and are unfamiliar with posting protocol. It's not uncommon for a forum to have some guidelines stickied. If you look around the other MLS club forums, you will see that some have a higher tolerance for stickies than we do while others have even less. One MLS forum even has two locked stickies. :eek:

P.S.---sho! sho! ;)

16. LittleMy

LittleMy Member

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm indifferent to stickied threads. I don't read all of the unstickied threads, either, so I just skip 'em.

But seriously, do ignorant noobs ever read these "Read This First" threads anyway?

17. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    I was eating french toast with syrup while I wrote this, and now my whole computer is sticky, and I'm stuck up. Do you think a mod could help me?

18. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohhhhh smudgey... ur funny!

19. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Can we add something forgotten to the locked, stickied, in question post???

Maybe, if the post is long and you care to respond to it, you do not need to quote the whole thing. If you are the next to post, simply hit the reply button, but there is no reason to take up excess space by quoting the whole post.

E.g. the NRR thread about games.

:D

20. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I like your edit reason better-Grammer Nazi's:D

21. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I remember when I first came here, thinking "crap this place is all uptight and wrapped up in rules." But it has kept me from trolling, which I find fun, so I guess its good that way, and there's always rivalries, I can go be a mug there.

22. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    When I was young, and my family was poor, my mother used to repair my worn underwear with straw. I can tell you, that was some sticky thread.

To be honest, as an old man approaching senility, (it arrives for me tomorrow at 6:32 a.m. MST), I really wasn't sure what a sticky thread was. After going to Wikipedia, I now know that it doesn't refer to my old underwear but to a thread stuck at the top. Honestly, that is probably a good thing because I do hate to search through all the threads trying to find a significant one, though usually the important ones can be found among the first 5 or 6.

23. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe this thread has devolved into such utter nonsense, when the real question is...

Where is Bobby Rapids?!

I mean, WWBD?

24. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I've got some shout wipes and wash cloth I can loan you. If it needs to be licked off, let Jeff Plush know. He says he can send the cheerleaders over. :p

25. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    From the WTF?!?!?!? Files.

People that wear the little earbud phone thingies...
    WTF? Are we trying to promote an air of schizophrenia?
    How am I supposed to know when someone is really talking to me?
    As a student of psychology, it is causing me serious strife by not knowing who is potientally dangerous and who is benign.
    So people, stop wearing those bluetooth headsets. They are not cool. They are rather annoying and they make you look like you have amental disorder.