Wtf Happened???

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Postman is a Prophet, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Postman is a Prophet

Aug 28, 2004
    I just logged on a few minutes ago and saw the scoreline...

What happened? I hear the referee sucked, but how were we shut out?
    Did we just have an off day, or did ManUre really stick it to us???

$HIT! We were justa bout to reach 50, too. Do you guys think we can ever match that number again? Frankly, it seems almost impossible.

But on the other hand, 49-1 isn't so terrible..

2. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Mike Riley 2- 0 Arsenal, says it all.

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is unfortunate, but, IMO, it is the absolute best way to end the streak. They lost to the ONE other title contender (Chelsea isn't, just watch again this season), away. That means they lost the toughest game on the schedule. It is not a shock loss, to a small club, at home, which could have been spun to show the team was not adequately prepared or was too arrogant. IMO, it should do very little to hurt the team's standing as one of the best in Europe, and the leading Premiership contender. The loss just makes that race look more intersting.

4. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    It was just a really physical match...a lot of fouling. Henry had a good chance near half time but was saved, a good play by Carrol. But we only had two shots in the first half.

It looked like Arsenal came out playing for the draw at halftime. They weren't as aggressive in the 2nd, seemed to me.

Henry was pretty much a non factor in the game.

5. W26 D12 L0

W26 D12 L0 New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Miami
    I still can't beleive it

ManU wanted it more but i thought the 2 sides were even overall.

ManU & M. Riley 2
    Arsenal 1

The panalty was harsh and the ref bottled it. If he gave the penalty for that then we should have had a penalty and RIO should have been sent off for the challenge on FL8

I hope we can get over this loss quickly - maybe it will help us...no record to think of so we can just go out and play instead of not losing.

Wenger was piss*d off after the match - he may t chareed by the FA for what he said about the ref

6. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    if ur implying that the Rio foul was inside the box, then u r mistaken, Ljungberg was several yards out of the box when it happend, sorry to burst ur bubble