Write it Offseason: The FCD 2020-21 Offseason Thread [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Dec 7, 2020.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Bogert
    @tombogert
    1h
    FC Dallas' Dan Hunt on how the club-record transfer fee received from AS Roma for Bryan Reynolds will be put back into the club: “We’ve never taken money out of the club, ever. We just keep plowing the money back into the club.” Cites DPs, fees, academy, infrastructure, etc.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Could've fooled me but ok.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the key is academy and infrastructure. We're thinking plow it ball into the roster itself but that's not what he said. It's possible but very unlikely. I get it in a way because the academy isn't cheap so at least some of the money recrued needs to go back into that. Just not all or most of it.

4. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I also bet he put a ton of money into the Hall of Fame. He may say they're separate but in reality it's not. Now that he's not spending gobs of money on that they can expand satellite academy teams like in El Paso and the RGV area, recruiting, training, etc.

Aren't they doing some analytic stuff as well. Money is being spent just not in salary or big name DPs. We'll see if they're right but while I think you can say they don't spend it right, they do spend just not in the obvious ways most fans can see or believe they should.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cowtown and VioletCrown repped this.