WPSL Championship [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by gousa9, Jul 30, 2002.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey-

results will be posted here once done.

ajax of southern california will be travelling to play the california storm this saturday (3rd) at 6:30 @ Davis HS in Davis, CA.

should be a good game, as the ajax looks for a three-peat, and the storm look to regain the title!!

hopefully rita and i can go! :::crosses fingers::: :D

elaine

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    :(

hey-

there was no game. the Ajax didn't come up for it...good thing i found out beforehand...or it would have sucked to have gone and not seen my fave player...

the storm ended up playing an "all-star" team of WPSL players from nor-cal teams...not sure about the final results etc.

elaine

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    ok....

hey-

i don't know what the WPSL is trying to pull off, but if you check out their site (www.wpsl.info), the results for the championship game (http://www.wpsl.info/results/02_14.html) states that the storm beat the ajax 1-0.

i'm 99.9% sure that the ajax didn't even play in the match....so what's up with that?

it makes sense that the storm win the title (cause the ajax didn't show up)...but you could say that!

elaine

4. In a sense, the Storm did beat Ajax 1:0. Often, leagues have a rule that the official result of a game that is forfeited is recorded as 1:0, just for formality, record keeping, whatever.

Hope that helps.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    true, but they gave credit to a storm player for scoring the goal, and made no mention whatsoever about the game being forfeited....just strange...it's like they don't want ppl to know it happened...

oh well

elaine