Wow at Zlatan Ibrahimovics performance today!

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by SectionX, Sep 8, 2007.

1. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good to see Toni doing well in Germany. Bayern looking good this season.

2. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    As good as I think Ibrahimovic is, I think Luca Toni is a better player. Toni imo is 1 of the best strikers in world football. Its strange that players like Tevez, Rooney and Kuyt have so much hype around them and ya hear loads about them but ya dont hear that much about Toni when he is in fact streets better them 3 players.

Klose and Toni could possibly be the best strike force in world football

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    people hype kuyt? :p

4. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was thinking that too.:confused:

Ohh.. and Ibrahimovic is overrated and i would never want him on United's team, i would rarther have smith or saha.

5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :)

smith? :eek:

you will have to endure the ire of the swedes for that one. :p

6. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    Hahahaha what nonsense, well what else could I expect from a Man Utd fan! Saha is an awful player, he is very poor and to say he is better than Ibrahimovic is criminal, its not even a contest! Alan Smith is nearly as bad as Saha, you obviously dont watch much football

7. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Alan Smith over Ibrahimovic? I hope that was a joke

8. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You already have those two...wouldn't you RATHER have someone better? lol And Ibra is MUCH better than the both of those two, you really have to give him a chance before comparing. I don't know much about Smith, but Saha is a walking injury, can't really rely on him because he's been on and off for some time now.

9. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    Smith...LOL! I should visit the Man Utd board more often to view these comedic gems.

10. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Err, why? Cause it's surely not for footballing reasons.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It could very well be for footballing reasons because whether a forward of his type could integrate with the rest of our side and be effective in our best system remains to be seen. This is coming from someone who rates him highly, long before he found the consistency that he has done over recent seasons. I did eventually see most of the match in question and while Ibrahimovic was very good I have seen better overall performances from him in Serie A. Which only highlights how good a player he can be when everything clicks.

Neither do you if you consider Saha to be an awful player.

12. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its hard to rate Saha IMHO because of his persistant injury problems. He shows that he has all of the tools to be a good striker, but unfortunately for him he is frequently hurt.

If he were healthy for a long stretch of matches he could have some good scoring statistics.

13. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    It remains to be seen whether or not Tevez can integrate with your system, so I think Ibrahimovic is in the same boat ie. an exceptional talent for whom if the opportunity arises to get, you buy regardless of question marks over his compatibility.

Given Saha's injury problems, I think I would personally take Ibrahimovic if given a choice between the two.

14. Mojam5

Mojam5 New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Going on recent form=
    Ibra>Rooney>>Saha>>>>A. Smith>>>>>>>>>>>my 8 year old cousin>>Sheva

15. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    zlatan 2 goals today!

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    one was a penalty, though, but yeah he had another nice game.

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Saha was/is a key player for Man Utd. If we need a striker then he uses his pace, power and movement (forward and lateral) to stretch defenses and create space for our other attacking players to exploit. He's perfect for the type of football we play, as was Torres (who we finally gave up on pursuing) and Berbatov. Despite all of the paper interest in more 'traditional' strikers we never moved for any and instead went for Tevez which says it all. Ibrahimovic, as good as he is and while not being traditional by an stretch of the imagination, is perhaps too much of a shift towards creativity. Great movement but one cook too many in my eyes. At least with your Saha, Torres and Berbatov kind of striker they can perform well in an attacking system but they will not get in the way of other attacking players like Ibrahimovic would.

18. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    right now zlatan is the best striker in the world..

19. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe, but there are others doing very well like Nistelrooy and Toni.

20. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you dont get it do you? Ibra is making a name for himself. Nistelrooy and Toni have been around for much longer.

as for the best form right now, zlatan has no competition.

21. Pfeife

Pfeife Member

Dec 19, 2005
    [​IMG]

Not only better, but more constant as well.

22. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    klose is playing very well right now but he is not better then zlatan..i am not a big fan of zlatan personally but i have watched some of his performances lately and its like a man vs boys..nobody can sop him right now the way he is playing..

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately Klose was injured on Saturday after having what should have been his 9th league goal called back. It was across the line, but the linesman didn’t agree.

It’s too bad because he has been on blistering form so far. He has played 8 competitive matches so far (7 in the league, 1 in the DFB Cup) and has scored 9 goals and has 4 assists. Not many players can boast number like that.

Sadly he will be out of action for 3 weeks, so who knows how long it will take to regain his form.

24. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Word Teso.. word.

Wenger? :D

Now that's a scary proposition.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Wenger would have Ibrahimovic doing all of his party tricks and playing Futsal but having zero end product. Not a good move and a step backwards. No to Arsenal and Wenger!

Generalisation? Me? :eek: