Wow at Zlatan Ibrahimovics performance today!

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by SectionX, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wasn't that the season when the aftermath of the match fixing kicked in? When all the best teams in Italy lost their players or were relegated? Heskey would have scored 18.

2. Salsasas

Salsasas New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Zlatan is definitely underrated by some (mostly by brits...) but also overrated by his fanboys. With that being said, he's easily a top 10 forward in the world and maybe the best at the moment cos he's been in cracking form so far this season.
    As for this talk about him not producing enough goals, well, he scored 15 goals in 27 league games last season. That's a quite good goals/game average. He also set up a lot of goals.

His first season in Juve was excellent too, when he was voted their best player by the fans and was also voted the best foreign player in Serie A by the players.

Nope, you just lost all credibility and made it clear that you're not in a position to have an educated opinion on the matter that's being discussed in this thread.

3. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

How so? I never knew I had credibility. Seems a shame to have lost it though.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

you know you're dealing with a mental giant when they start saying words like "lolz" and "sux".

Zlatan has made zero impact in major tournaments and the champions league.

5. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    And thats why England are crap and always will be. Heskey is crap and shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Ibrahimovic.

Ibrahimovic isnt the best player in the world but he is pure quality, he is brilliant and is a joy to watch. Alot of people I know give him stick but I think they need to watch him more. Hes better than that overrated fat waster Rooney, cant understand how anybody thinks hes good.

Ibrahimovic is class and is better than the likes of Kuyt, Tevez, Villa, Torres and Eto'o.

6. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    Well said, that is a great point you just made there and 1 I am always saying, idiots in Ireland who reject their own league to support the English league and only watch the English league are telling me that Serie A and La Liga are nowhere near as good and they hype up all the players in the English league.

I watch European leagues so should know more than them, people laughed at me when I said I think Sneijder is 1 of the best players in the world and imo he will prove that at Real Madrid, hes a class act. And you're right if Ibrahimovic was english then they'd never stop going on about him

7. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    wtf, people actually starting to support ibra in this thread. Well I guess there are people who NOT only watch premiership here.

and yeah, ibra is pure class with the ball.

8. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State

And Rooney hasnt done sh*t either :D...Remember how the the English kept saying that Rooney would be the key for England to win WC 08 but in the end what did he do??

Btw, feel free to think I'm a mental giant, but at least I'm not a self-delusional english loser who hasnt seen their overated England NT winning anything in their life :D. I pity you

9. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry there Mystic Meg but I don't think WC2008 is actually a scheduled tournament, plus we're in 2007. So if it was Euro2008 you were going on about...It still hasn't happened. Shit I'm confused!

10. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    I'm a swede myself and people here are totally nuts about him here. I think he is an overrated player that can do fancy tricks with great potential but he seldom produces on a big stage and he also demands special treatment. Immigrants or people with foreign roots are extremly zealous about him and as soon as he is put on the bench because he has sucked they whine and demand that our coaching staff should be sacked. The same coaching staff that has made sure we have gone to every major tournament since 1998 which is awesome for a small country like Sweden. Don't get me wrong.. when he plays like he did against Denmark he should deffinately play.

To say that he is on the same level as Kaka, Etoo, Ronaldinho, Messi and Henry is just hillarious.

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:rolleyes: ya he is

12. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    Small country like Sweden??? Sweden is a very big country and has a population of 10 million people, hardly small is it?

13. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    It must be hard to be an Ibrahimovic fanboy these days...Your posts somehow make me think of how those Jehovah's Witness people praise their saviour.

14. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    WTH??? I thought I typed WC 06 :mad:....Maybe someone hacked into the sql database and edit it. I demand a full investigation on this :D

Anyway, Zlatan is good, but clearly not top 3 in the world. He need to work on his attitute, be more consistent and perform well in big tournament like WC, Euro, CL first. He also need to get the hell out of Inter asap.

15. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    but ibra is much better than most overrated players. Bigsoccer overrate many strikers imo. Try and watch him play, maybe most technical player ever with the ball.

16. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Come on, you can't be serious. most technical player with the ball??? I've watched this guy since he started on juve and I wanted to kill him 2 years ago on juve. The guy couldn't put the ball in the net and was the biggest baby. I'll admit when he comes to play he can be the best player on the field and he's been great for inter. But he's not a legend in the making. Maybe in Sweden but thats it. He should definatly be on everyone's top 5 strikers in the world.

17. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Zlatan is a world-class player and some of these posts are absolutely ridiculous. Someone said that if Zlatan was English then he would get a whole lot more respect, best post of the thread.

He was the best player at Ajax and the Ajax supporters were in uprising when the club sold him. He's won the league with his club time after time. He was very good at Juve and has been great for Inter. Any fan who actually is a fan of the game of football wouldn't downplay his skills.

The one place where Zlatan hasn't shown true world-class is for the NT. He was a HUGE disappointment in Germany. Solid at the WC QF but needs to raise his game many levels. He is absolutely! not the worlds greatest striker but all the brits and Americans who ridicule him would blow their load if he was on their NT.

18. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    henry did even worse in juventus ibra did and look at henry's career now.

19. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Well, when Ibra played at Juventus, he was voted best foreign player in Serie A by the players so I guess he shouldn't even be associated with the word "worst" since he was the very exact opposite lol.

For the record, anyone who would call me a fanboy for stating what should be obvious truth, I'm not a big fan of Zlatan. He's a great football player, not the best of characters.

20. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    To give Zlatan some credit he is hardly there to play as a pure striker. He is a very technical target player/offensive playmaker.

21. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Buffon is magnificent and I forgot about him. Nesta and Cannavaro I don't rate as highly as I did a year ago.

The list was not perfect but I just wanted to show that Zlatan was hardly one of the best 10 players in the world at the moment.

22. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    great post..

23. Bartio88

Bartio88 New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Ibrahimovic is a brilliant footballer. It must be said. Pure class. Superb ball control, awesome vision <(in fact he is a very intelligent player). Tremendous technical ability, unbelievable strength and dribbling skills. Btw GREAT Team player too. Should improve his shooting and constancy within years. His creativity is out of this world. Probably the most talented player in the world.

24. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Without being a real Inter supporter and judging more by his NT showings, I agree with nearly everything you said. You got it down really well, his strengths as well as his weaknesses. Vision (in which he's one of the greatest players I've ever seen on a pitch, strength as well). With his techical skills and dribbling, he create huge openings for the rest of the team. He hasn't a great shot.

I'd disagree that he's the most talented player. Ronaldinho is the greatest when it comes to talent that can be put to the test, no question about it.

You mentioned he's a great team player, I would disagree with that as well.

25. Gendarn

Gendarn New Member

May 3, 2006