Would You Sell Datolo to Get Leto?

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Jan 17, 2008.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The title says it all ... what do you guys think? :rolleyes:

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If the question is, would I rather have Sebastian Leto than Datolo? If he's not too expensive, absolutely.

I am not sure how Leto would fit at Boca, I'm not too huge on him, I think he's a bit too selfish. But I think he's more talented than Datolo. I don't think Datolo will ever be a difference maker at Boca. Leto just might be.

3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Equipo confirmado

Carlos Ischia dio a conocer los once titulares que enfrentarán a San Lorenzo el sábado por la noche. "Los que jueguen mañana serán los mismos que lo harán ante River", dijo el entrenador.

More...

4. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ahora van por Dátolo

Los dirigentes del Ciclón siguen avanzando en las negociaciones para repatriar a D'Alessandro. Pero el nombre del volante de Boca comenzó a circular como otro posible refuerzo.

More...

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm so burned on Datolo. I can't see how Leto would be anymore selfish than Jesus. The problem is that Datolo does chose to not hold the ball too long, his touch always fails him.

6. golazo26

golazo26 New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I heard that Leto has to move in this transfer window because he isn't eligible for a work permit to stay in England. Can anybody confirm this?

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Yes, that is the case. Liverpool will wait until January 31st before allowing Leto to come on loan to River.

River had been offered Leto in late December, and then he was offered to Boca in early January ... who offered more $$.

The thing is that, just as in the case of Alexis Sanchez, Boca is not interested in a player only on loan. In both ocasions Boca offered to buy %s of the player, and these were refused. So Boca simply backed away from any dealings.

The players go to River, get exposed and then are gone with no $$ for the club. In the meantime, your own players are being pushed further back and don't get a chance of playing. Desperation for titles ... :rolleyes:

8. golazo26

golazo26 New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Aguilar up to his old tricks again. There was an interesting article earlier this week in Clarin that gave the starting lineups for Boca and River and their transfer values. It was interesting to see that while Boca's starting lineup had a little bit of a higher overall value than River's (though not a whole lot higher) most of River's players that were worth the most money weren't even owned by the club. The top three for River I believe were A. Sanchez, Augusto, and Carrizo. Whereas Boca's top valued players were all owned by the club. It was interesting to see it laid out like they did in the article. I'll see if I can find the link.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en las aguilas de Copa - mex
    dan por un hecho la contratacion de Datolo

es cierto?

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Parece que van por Fede Higuain ... Datolo se quedaria en Boca. :mad:

11. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i like datalo, he's exciting and still can be an important part of this boca team

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus Datolo does have some natural abilities but honestly I'm not sure what he has to contribute to this side. His speed goes without question but fundamentally everything else leaves a lot to be desired. His positioning is awful, his ability to read the game, his shooting, his touch......I had hoped for the best when he came to us but he has not improved one bit since he's gotten here and if anything he's gone backwards. Honestly it's a shame that he can't improve when he's had so much talent to work around.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en el foro de river anuncian que con la llegada del cabezon
    no iran mas por Leto....

eso abre las puertas para traerlo a BOCA? o ya cerraron la busqueda?

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

El Cabezon finally is going to San Lorenzo. Boca won't go for Leto, since Datolo refused the offers and is staying. :mad:

But it seems that San Lorenzo will "try" a late shot for Leto too. :eek: I really enjoy their "war" for 2nd place. :D

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was actually very pleased with the performance Jesus put in last night. He may have played his best match in a BOCA jersey yet. If he can work to maintain last nights form he could be effective. Let the consistency watch begin.

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Datolo will stay and along side Riquelme he will flourish, trust me. Hopefully Ischia gives him the nod to start tomorrow for the injured Ledesma