Would YOU play Crespo?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The_Special_One, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Implied ;)

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D

3. ScottJC

ScottJC New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Essex,England
    in my opinion i'd play crespo as in my eyes he's da most experienced player with makelele for winning da CL ect and he's gota be da top 5 best strikers in da world

1.HENRY
    2.SHEVA
    3.ETO'O
    4.ADRIANO
    5.CRESPO

at da moment....

4. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bushido

Yeah, sorry about that :eek: I just never liked that baldy Veron. . .he was totally lacking in giri

5. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Or (as Mr.Blue pointed out) Crespo sold to bring in Owen - I think Owen-Eidur partnership would do nicely in a 3-3-4 formation naturally ;)

6. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Sigh!!! Veron was such a talented player, what a waste.

Injuries, lack of motivation, getting foked at Man U. If only he had come straight to Chelsea instead of going to Man U, where Fergie has gotten into the habit of taking really talented players and basically bringing their careers to an end, by playing guys like Phil Neville, Fortune, Solskjaer, etc, ahead of the likes of Veron, Forlan, etc.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Veron was not a player who was not all that well suited to the Premiership. Beyond that, he had no chance of real success with ManUtd due to Keane's presence.

8. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    True that. Although the season when Man U managed to win over Arsenal, what was that, 3 seasons back or 2, not sure, but i remember Beckham spending a lot of time on the Bench and Keane being out due to injury or whatever, and Veron was played regularly in that deep midfield position and he was fantastic.

But alas, he got mucked about too much while at Man U, and then injuries with Chelsea, and then that terrible performance in the Cl against them french twats, pretty much was the end of his career in EPL.

9. sydneymuganzi

sydneymuganzi Member

Jul 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crespo set for Chelsea stay
    Hernan Crespo insists only personal issues will prise him away from Chelsea after being won over by the new regime at Stamford Bridge.

Crespo returned to pre-season training on Monday following the breakdown of his move to AC Milan and admitted he was impressed by the improvements introduced by boss Jose Mourinho.

The 30-year-old Argentina striker, who has spent the last season on loan at the San Siro, is determined to succeed at Chelsea but his family's decision to remain in Italy may prove a stumbling block.

"I played for 10 years in Italy and my family live there but I feel that every thing has changed here, it is better and I want to stay," Crespo told Chelsea TV.

"But if I don't stay here I want to say thank you to the Chelsea fans, Roman Abramovich and the players because the problem would not be football.

"I want to stay, I want to do great things for the fans, but I don't know what will happen in the future. I want to stay here because I get along well here.

Crespo, who got married this summer, added: "We need to work slowly, but I want to score many goals and I need to work for this. And at the end of the season we will talk again!"

Mourinho was delighted by Crespo's return and insisted he would do everything possible to help the £16.8m signing from Inter Milan settle in London.

He said: "I'm very happy that he is coming back, and in sporting terms he is very happy to come back.

"He understands that the club is different, the facilities are different, the manager is different, the players are different, everything is different and he is very happy to come.

"The only problem is in relation to his family because his family is in Italy and he has to solve that problem, but when he solves that problem he will be a very important player for us.

"We cannot have a better player around the world, and we did not have to spend money on him so I am very, very happy. We will help solve his problems.

"We want him to be happy here and we have to understand that family is important and we have to help him solve the problem."

10. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    From the sounds of things Crespo is making the best of a bad job. If Chelsea could have found a club to come up with a decent transfer fee and wages, they probably would have. He'd rather not be at Chelsea, if only because of his wife, but possibly because he's concerned about the no. of starts he'll get. He's obviously going to be positive about it all now, and Mourinho is going to the same in an attempt to help him settle back in London. It's a risk, and if Chelsea continue to play the same formation which I'm sure they will, there's a good chance that he wont get the games and then he'll get pissed off. But he's undoubtedly a very godo striker, and as a back up you can't get much better...

11. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Crespo had a very good work ethic in the games he played a couple of years ago. The trouble is you do not see it if you only see the games on ball following TV. His movement off the ball was excellent.

Someone asked who he scored his great goal against, it was away to Arsenal.

12. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    i can see crespo getting alot of starts under jose to be honest,his record last time around wasnt too shabby at all considering his time on the pitch.

time will tell though...

13. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a very nice goal ( :eek: ).
    I realize he's made some not so nice comments about London but I would think if he has a decent attitude in training...he should play. He's definitely a goal scorer.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This question is so stupid that my only response is: I like American cheese over Swiss cheese.

15. fado

fado New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Toronto
    I've got a feeling that Crespo's going to perform very well for Chelsea this year. Whether or not he's still around next year will have to be seen.

16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What was your opinion of Drogba's effort last year. Watching on tv early at the start of the year I thought it was good, watching several matches at the Bridge at the end of the year I was very dissapointed in his effort and failure to get onsides and find a position to allow a dangerous pass.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I thought he did well under the circumstances in 03/04:

10 Goals, 19 Games (League) and 2 Goals, 10 Games (Champions League)

18. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    WTF man, if its a stupid question, dont answer it. Stupid people answer stupid questions. Everyone is having a nice debate and some wan ker has to come and be rude for no reason.

If you disagree, say why, dont just use insults. Sheesh!!

19. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I agree! Eddie, I'm tired of you insulting Swiss cheese.

20. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    i agree with u. and Crespo will be excellent playing off guddy. he makes very intellegent runs and his finishing is clinical. not everyone is as bullish and predictable as drogba. If u noticed, half the time (modestly) he(drogaba) runs at or leans on defenders always hoping to get a lucky flick on, and when gets one, finishes it with a substandard shot. I'll blame it on him being rusty from injury, but surely he ought to have some dribbling skills(that he has yet to display). AND his first touch is a joke. I'm being overly critical because i had so much expectations from a former french league player of the year. U really cant compare crespo with drogba because they are 2 different players, one's outstanding, the other mediocre. I wont blame crespo if he doesnt run at defenders, his talent being runnning away from them, he is always in the right place, he takes calculated risks and he works on his finishing knowing that he cant dribble like ronaldo. Its crespo's redeeming qualities that im impressed with, despite of his seemingly docile nature. im rooting for drog to work on his weaknessess off season, and im sure he'll be an imprved player come august. If not i say play him as CB, half the time he looks like a better huth playing up front. Sorry guys if ive provoked anyone negatively, just my side of the view, purely personal. GO CRESPO!

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really is, wether you want to admit it or not, a stupid question. How would we benefit from not playing him(a great striker)? We wouldn't, we'd have a world class/expensive striker wasting our money, we'd miss out onhis goals, and his value would plummit to nothing if he didn't play. Could we benefit from playing him? Yes. He might score us some goals, and probably quite a few.

22. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's stupid because he's a better forward that anyone else we have and to insinuate that we shouldn't play him because you thought he sucked in 03/04 (which he didn't), is rediculous.

It wasn't much of a debate. It was more like a everyone else trying to convince you your nuts and you arguing over it.

23. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Absolutely!

He is a world class striker.

He had the best goals per minutes played ratio of any Chelsea player in 2003/4

He knows Jose won't put up with the kind of ******** Claudio did.

He needs to get into the Argentine squad for his last real shot at a World Cup medal.

He doesn't have Veron hanging with him to lead him into malingering ways.

He knows he has a reputatuion to eradicate, and he knows this is a different Chelsea from two years ago.

I think he will be a sensation, especially with Robben and SWP supporting him.

If I were Wenger or Sir Rednose I'd be sh#tting myself.

24. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He scored a very similar one at the end of the seasona way to Villa in what was prob Chelsea's worst display of the season and the one that put and endto Mutu's Chelsea career. His attitude was appalling

25. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    I am not arguing about it, i just wanted to see what peoples response would be. Whether they would be angry about him preferring to stay in Milan or whether they would let bygones be bygones.

And again, if you dont like it or think its stupid or ridiculous, dont feckin answer the post, hell dont even read it.