Would you buy your match video?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mikester351, Sep 16, 2002.

1. mikester351

mikester351 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Mornin' Lads,
    Thanks for all the tips from indoor players about likes and dislikes of your local facility, they were essential to the design of my new facility opening in July.

We are going to have a sweet video system to broadcast matches and show delayed tapings of the playing fields in our concession area. The idea is to show the match just played on either field on the monitors in the concessions area. I am guessing a ten minute buffer will give players time to get their gear off, get some grub, and get seated. Something I have been looking into is equipment to produce CD-R video's of the matches to sell. With the video format I have in mind, you can play these CD-R's in 85% of all DVD players. This will not be a "one-camera-in-the-sky-players-so-small-you-can't-tell-whos-who" video, but a "three-camera-field-level-multiple-angle-cut-to-each-third-of-the-field" video. I can't tell you how we made this work, but it is totally cool.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do any of you have kids and would like to have a video of them playing that you can send to Aunt's, Uncle's, Grandparents, Etc. Because this is a CD format, you could rip copies to send to everyone.

Also, how much would you be willing to pay? $5? $7? $10? $13?

Keep the info coming lads, I may invite you all to our grand opening!
    May the Road Rise,
    -mike

2. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Interesting concept, but I'm not sure I would pay to get that. Why wouldn't I just videotape the games myself?

3. mikester351

mikester351 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Reason #1
    your tape would be shot from the stands, not on the field. You would see the net in all shots.

Reason #2
    your tape would be shot from a single vantage point, you could only shoot from the sides or back. Our cameras are located directly behind goal and the middle third of the field, you get the best view of the action in front of goal plus the middle third transition play.

Reason #3
    if you videotape the game yourself, you have just that, "videotape". We provide a CD-R that you can play in your DVD player, and also make a copy of to send to Grandma. Video tape is cool, but it ages and can be damaged easily. CD's are more durable and will look as good as the day you bought it 100 years from now.

Reason #4
    This is the trump card, we are not going to allow any video cameras in our facility. Cameras are fine, but no motion video recorders.
    Camcorders will be allowed at lock-ins, birthday partys, facility rentals, corporate outings, etc.
    Just no video during league play.

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Like I said, it's a very innovative idea, but I'm just not sure I would pay for something like that. I'm giving you my honest opinion because I'm sure there are others like myself. But, then again it's just the opinion of 1 dude.

5. mikester351

mikester351 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Indianapolis
    And a respected opinion it is.
    Do you have any kids?
    If you don't I think you may change your opinion when you have some and they start playing.

6. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    No kids for me, and you're very right I might just change my mind once I get some rugrats. I'm just a college student that loves to play soccer.