Worst TV Commercial Ever

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Smiley321, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    OK, I know that there's lots of contenders, but I wanted to vent on the new Charmin commercial with the bears playing football. Not Chicago bears, but shit in the woods bears. Man, that's a terrible ad, makes me long for the good old days of Christy Lane CD's.

For having the worst succession of TV ads over the longest period, I'd nominate Long John Silver fast food. Like month-old salmon, their stuff. Whatever ad company they hired will be making the TV ads in hell.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLKTUsyCMcg"]YouTube - Aargh this is bad[/ame]

2. Renegade of Funk

Renegade of Funk New Member

Jan 22, 2001
    Room 237
    Umm, I'm going with the Slap Chop ad I just saw. Yep, it was the worst ever.

3. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come now the any Capital One ad with the stupid Vikings takes the prize.

5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I think these are hilarious. The vikings make me raff. Worst commercial for me is a capital one though, the people stranded on the island and they jury rig a connection to the internet.

6. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mister Microphone!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYEXBTlWf_4&feature=related"]YouTube - Mister Microphone[/ame]

7. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like this

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/33874/the-simpsons-finding-bart-a-gift"]Hulu - The Simpsons: Finding Bart a Gift@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/fC2yl3NcE_ksqUa5_jHHgg@@AMEPARAM@@fC2yl3NcE_ksqUa5_jHHgg[/ame]

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead...

I think my mind shut down for about 5 minutes after seeing that the first time.

9. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The worst was when they followed up with the "Our commercials are awful and people still love our shit" ads.

Also, I find Vince of Sham Wow! and the Slap Chop incredibly mesmerizing. He comes off like a such a dickbag and so full of shit, but after a while, a sort of TV Stockholm Syndrome takes effect.

10. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously, what's the deal with that guy? i always ask myself why he has to wear that stupid headset. he couldn't possibly look more like a tool. yet, bam! ...here he is for another product wearing the same damn headset. the best rationalization for the shamwow they could come up with was, "you're going to spend $20 on paper towels a month anyway, might as well spend that on shamwow." has anyone in the history of the universe spent $20 on paper towels in one month?

11. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cant stand any of the Geico commercials. They are terrible and make no sense whatsover.

I also hated the Half Price store commercials where that dude was always like, "It's the same thing!"

thank god for the DVR

12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I use one roll a year.

But if I can use the ShamWow on my ass and not have those little bits of paper left over, it would be sooo worth it.

13. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Fanta commercials with the four bimbos singing. Ugh, those were awful.

14. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yes, watching them is torture....

[​IMG]

15. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worst TV commercial is the one whose product you don't remember.

You've all remembered the ads and the products.

Mission accomplished, no?

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all are crazy. The ShamWow guy is awesome and the only thing that keeps me from buying his products is my inability to determine which I need more urgently: the ShamWow or the Slap Chop.

The Fanta girls are/were awesome.

Here's my current nails-on-the-chalkboard ad (although the annoyance comes more from the message than the delivery... actually it's a combination of both):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVsgXPt564Q&feature=related"]YouTube - High-Fructose Corn Syrup Ad 2[/ame]

17. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    "Wanna a fanta, wanna wanna wanna fanta, wanna fanta."

They could be naked, and I wouldn't want a Fanta. I forgot, though, the commercials I really hated before getting a DVR were Old Navy commercials. F*.

18. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you! I never understood what seemed to me to be America's love affair for a while with those ads. Hated the Capital One What's in Your Wallet? bunch too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EQeFq2he4U"]YouTube - TV ad: confused.com[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aydLDhWVqWI"]YouTube - Cillit Bang Advert[/ame]

---

But I will take this opportunity to pimp what has to be the BEST 'cut to ad' sequence from any TV station I can think of off the top of my head. The best part is just how many times you can watch it intently, over and over again... keep your eyes peeled.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5suSTqBkGCU"]YouTube - TG4: The more you watch, the more you see.[/ame]
    (it's best watched on full screen)

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    ...and lest we forget this string of ads that gave the 'apocalypse is nigh' crowd some credibility back in the late 90s:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spa_l_12cIw"]YouTube - Dell Commercial "All I want for Christmas"[/ame]

20. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No love for the Free Credit Report Dot Com abominations?

21. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Blasphemer. I love those.

and the "dude, you're getting a Dell" were horrible. Thank god the guy was a pothead so that sequence was killed.

22. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absolutely not, at least not for me. i make a point to actively not buy a product if they have a really bad commercial. that's why i've never bought anything from old navy. i also refuse to get anything but breakfast from hardee's.

speaking of hardee's, they might have the worst commercial ever now that i think about it. there's two that spring to mind, and either is a worthy choice for worst ever. the first was an ad for a taco bowl or something like that. it showed a very butch, female truck driver eating it, and they had the sound effects turned way up. watching anybody eat is disgusting, let alone a very unsexy, butch female. hearing that person chew and smack and slurp... well, that's enough to make me want to throw up, not go buy it. the second horrible one was also because of the sound of eating. they had two dudes in a car eating their double cheeseburgers... loudly. then they start licking the cheese off of the wrapper. f$@#ing disgusting!

i distinctly remember sending two emails to hardee's complaining about those commercials, and promising to never eat there again for lunch or dinner until they change the theme of their advertising. their aim has to be well below the lowest level of human intelligence. i also want them to get rid of the guy whose voice you hear in all their commercials. i really hate the way he talks.

23. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my Lord, yes.

Carl's Jr's (which is the same company) has been running those here for years and I effing hate them with a white hot fury. I cannot change the channel fast enough.

I've never eaten at a Carl's Jr. because Carl Karcher was such a fascist -- but those would prevent me as well.

24. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    ...but your PRODUCT is AMAZING

25. PhillyQuakesFan

PhillyQuakesFan New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Delaware County, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the cavemen, but hate the fxcking gecko. Don't care one way or the other about the money with eyes.

Worst commercial: "Five....five dollar....five dollar foot looooooooong"

Also a big fan of SlapChop and ShamWow. Unfortunately I saw a SlapChop ad yesterday that had the "you're gonna love my nuts" line edited out. Truly a sad day.