Worst Premiership Ref

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Motterman, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vote for who you think is the worst ref in the EPL!

2. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    Jee-suz...this man blew yet another game...he's so damned uncontrolled in his style, way to much colors flying around. and the no call...i dont care who you are, that was just pure blind stupidity.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have heard Elland Road last weekend

"Gra-aa-ham Poll, He's a ************ing arsehole" what a good song.

D'Urso also get a mention for being a complete muppet. I do hate Graham Poll though. a lot.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Could have been worse...

We could have had david ' i love Manchester United" Elleray in charge.

Still...that was a 'orrible (non) call on the penalty.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elleary... I can't stand that scum loving bastard.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bad call on the penalty, but then if Van Nistelrroy would finally manage to find the net from more than 8 yards out, United could have won at a canter in the second half.

Maybe we should start a "Worst Premiership Finisher" thread, because that's where all the fault actually resides.

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Works both ways.
    If Hasselbaink was match fit, the game would have been over in the first half.

8. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Graham Poll is a wanker, is a wanker, is a wanker!!

9. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I vote for all of above? All of t(him) stink.

10. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

i vote for mark halsey. he ref'ed boro v blackburn. he had an absolute shocker. Refs who perform this bad should be deducted wages, and them made to review thier performance over and over to make sure he improves!

11. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    Typical Leeds fan...;)...

By the fact that you are a Leeds fan I would assume that by "scum" you Mean Man United, am I right?...

Do you mean the same David Elleray who tried his darndest to scupper Man United's treble bid or are you waffling on about another David Elleray?...

12. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    Barry Knight....but at least he's consistantly crap!
    We've had him in the 1st div & now the premiership...anyone else had problems with him or does he just HATE City!!?

13. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

im changing my vote to mike reighley. The dodgy bastard. How the fu ck he managed to give a penalty for that im absolutly in shock. I have seen 1000 times worse go with out the ref even thinking about giving a penalty. The WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The same David " i love Manchester united' Elleray that single handedly won you lot the '94 Cup Final

15. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    Well Clanblue I would say that one highly dubious penalty (never a penalty, I know that) wouldn't really make much of a dent in a four nil victory...

Admit it...

Chelsea were never at the races.......

16. Random

Random New Member

May 20, 2002
    N4 again
    While I can understand and applaud the belief that Graham Poll is a boil on the face of humanity, may I add, as an Arsenal fan, that Andy D'Urso needs to be taken out into the street and shot. Git.

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rennie gets in the race

Referee Uriah Rennie has been called up to appear before the Professional Match Officials Games Board to explain why he touched Roy Keane during Saturday's ill-tempered match.

Rennie stepped in between Keane and Jason McAteer when it appeared that the Manchester United midfielder was about to retaliate after a particularly hard challenge from the Sunderland man.

Keane was later sent off for elbowing McAteer but the referees' ruling body want to know why Rennie laid his hands on Keane in the earlier incident. Under the rules, any physical contact with the players is not allowed.

The referee will also be asked to explain why he did not book McAteer for the challenge that led to the incident.

Rennie is no stranger to controversy - having been previously reprimanded for performing karate moves in front of Sunderland fans the week after sending off Alan Shearer. He was relegated to the Nationwide League referees' list after coming bottom of the Premier League table in 2000/2001.

18. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    I think it was just as well he jumped in or god knows how long Keanes ban would have been! Fergie should be THANKING him!!

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh Chelsea went to the racetrack alright, but Elleray held the gate door shut when the gun went off.

How many penaltys again...did i hear you say two?

20. BazoDee!

BazoDee! New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    B'klyn
    Re: Rennie gets in the race

Referees chief praises Rennies action