Worst case scenario...

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by denver_mugwamp, Sep 24, 2003.

1. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    The Metros, Fire, Rapids and Quakes are all working on stadium projects that could possibly be done in 2006. If all these projects run late, then those teams will have to play the first half of the season on the road and the second half of the season at home. When it's time for the Rapids to play the Metros, and their stadiums aren't done, what do they do? I'm sure it won't work out like that, but it's an interesting possibility.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The home team would most likely rent out a temporary facility for those few games they would need it for. San Jose did this with Stanford Stadium for its first three home games back in 1998 when the El Niño storm that year pushed back the Spartan Stadium renovation.

-G

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    And people think I'm cynical.

Why wouldn't a team like the MetroStars simply play at Giants Stadium for a few matches? They should know in enough time that the new digs won't be ready and get a deal for some open dates at Giants.

Barring that, play some matches at Shea Stadium. The Mets don't mind having the Colombian Nats there. I'd be real interested to see what the attendance would be if that happened.

4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    The MetroStars will announce thier plan in 60-90 days.

5. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say that given how the Galaxy started this year and never really recovered their confidence, nobody will be going for extended road trips while a stadium is being completed.

Also, never thought I'd see having 4 new SSS's in one year and worst case scenario in the same post. :)