World Soccer Daily

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by GOREVS3000, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point that many listeners miss, Nick does the Gunther voice.

At first Howard seemed like a good way to balance out Steve, but now, Steve comes across as the positive one while Howard is negative as to EVERYTHING.

2. Foxhound6

Foxhound6 New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    The North End
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our ol' boy Steve Nicol was on today. What irks me about when they have him on is they're more interested in asking what he thinks about Liverpool than the Revs (although they do talk a bit about the Revs, they spend almost as much time talking about Liverpool).

3. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i got to hear that on my way in to work today. that was cool.

4. Wine4MyMen

Wine4MyMen New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I listen to the podcast almost daily, but as a Liverpool fan their act gets a bit tiring. Howard is an absolute snob, and his screeds do not justify his occasional insights. Steven is much more tolerable. While they do whine about MLS at times (OK, so you hate watching soccer on fields with football lines--do you think we *like* those lines?), often their criticisms are spot on. Part of it is the unfairness comparing MLS to the Premiership--imagine comparing NFL Europe to the NFL, and wondering why the new league just isn't stacking up. Part of it is seeing decisions get made that are questionable, like letting Beckham play that friendly in Europe mid-season.

5. Foxhound6

Foxhound6 New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    The North End
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Parkhurst will be a guest on the show tomorrow

6. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, that's what they are suppose to do. Just tune into WEEI, they'll find something to complain about. They have to, it's compelling radio. Right now its awfully hard since all the teams are winning (save the Bruins).

7. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they do stream the show live from their website. go to worldsoccerdaily.com and click on "programming" and you have the option of WMP or iTunes. the podcasts are great, too, but this gives you the option of listening live in case you want to call in

also, if you paste this into your browser, it will automatically start the WMP plug-in
    http://www.worldsoccerweekly.com/soccerweekly3.asx

8. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. Steven is tough on MLS but I don't think he's unfair. Howard's nastiness is simply boring. He not only doesn't care about MLS, which is his business, but his snotty comments prevents Steven from talking about with the callers who want to talk about the league.

But his boring nastiness isn't just limited to MLS. I don't think an hour goes by when he doesn't yammer about about how England have regressed under McClaren. It's certainly true but how many times can you say the same bloody thing.

(Bruins are having a decent season)