World Cup Travel - Internal Flights

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Pablinsky, Dec 12, 2013.

1. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    there is a tam flight for $94.56 (expedia brazil) assuming 2h50 is enough to go from the airport (cgh) to the stadium which should be enough as you can go by metro unless the flight is delayed for over half an hour so you might want to go with a more expensive option

warrenbuffet repped this.
  2. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Is there any harm in purchasing air tickets from the brazilian version of the site as opposed to the american version?

Tickets are way cheaper on TAM's site on the Brazilian site versus the American one.

Thoughts?

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mistranslation at worst I would think.

4. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi, got the chance to shoot Brazil-Mexico at the 17th. Want to go in/out the same day from Rio.
    What is the best alternative? I checked some airlines - it´s rather hard to find a flight with acceptable prizes! Any idea?

Thx. in advance

Greetz

5. jfk21

jfk21 New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    airlines have all smartly made it very expensive to fly from bh to sp on the morning of the 9th of july ..
    8th july is the semis in bh and 9th july in sp ..
    nothing reasonable available other than a flight departing at 5.30am .. which would mean either not sleeping at all or for 2/3 hours .. got tickets to both games but commute is a bitch .. not too comfortable taking an overnight bus..
    strangely on all airline websites the no of direct flights on that day between both cities also looking greatly reduced .. i think its a deliberate ploy to create demand to inflate price .. hoping more flights are added or reasonable seats open up ..
    what do you think?
    thanks

6. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I am guessing everything is booked. We are in the same situation and are looking at options. Maybe rent a minivan and driver or try to find a bus that leaves late?

7. jfk21

jfk21 New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As a back up we have booked 6 seats on a luxury bus service by Cometa .. It leaves from BH at 10.30pm which shd be ok even if the match goes to penalties..
    If you guys are ok, google it and book it.. I researched it is the best bus option on the night .. Gets to sp at 6.45 am..
    We are just not keen on going on it .. So still hoping to get a decent flight .. Will post if something comes up .. Pls do the same.. Thx

8. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The only bookable bus leaves at 2130. Way to early to be comfortable with.

9. zachadu21

zachadu21 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was able to book a flight from BH to SP back in August departing at 7:30AM direct to Sao Paulo. I think we paid about $120/ticket. We don't have hotel reservations the night of the 8th in Belo, just planning to sleep in the airport and then catch the 7:30 flight to SP!

10. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Flights are disappearing because they're getting full. About the prices, it's just yield management. Lots of demand drives up prices. That's how any airline works.
    I read something about schedule changes after the group stage to adequate demand, so be aware.

11. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    i think you can only pay on the brailian site of tam if you have a brazilian card but i may be wrong. you could try however i have only booked with tam once in december and don't really remember much

12. skwasha

skwasha Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 1, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    RE: the flights from BH to SP... They were all available for $57 each when first listed. But as the seats fill up, the price goes up. Also, that 5:30 flight was only added mebbe 3 days ago. My guess is they'll add another one or two before all is said and done.

As for the overnight bus option, there are 3 buses leaving after 11... See here:
    http://www.gontijo.com.br/reserva-de-poltronas.php

13. MD_littlekeep

MD_littlekeep Member

Mar 27, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm currently trying to book a flight through Avianca but it's all in Portuguese. Any idea what information they are looking for in the box labeled "CPF / CNPJ"?

14. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Are you sure on the English version of Avianca.com.br? If you are, you can just insert your passport number and you should be fine.

15. MD_littlekeep

MD_littlekeep Member

Mar 27, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not on the English version, that's the point. The flights that I am trying to book do not show up on the English version of the site.

16. skwasha

skwasha Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 1, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Have you tried:
    http://www.avianca.com/en-us/

17. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    That's the English website for Colombia's Avianca.
    You're looking for this: http://www.avianca.com.br/en

18. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How early should you arrive for an internal flight... lets say from Rio to Sao Paolo?

19. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I booked overnight bus back to rio after the belo semi and then have a flight to São Paulo from there. Extra commute but then I only got the São Paulo tickets yesterday. The rio São Paulo return was pretty cheap

20. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    For any internal flight, one hour.

21. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks @lucasc

22. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I just received an email notifying me of a FLIGHT SCHEDULE CHANGE and I'm freaking out!

It was originally:
    13th June
    23:15 Cuiabá - 1:55 Brasilia

But it's been changed earlier to:
    13:28 Cuiabá - 16:00 Brasilia (13th June)

Problem is I'm attending Australia v Chile at 18:00!!! And had planned to fly out after the match.

There are no other flights after the match and no flights at all on the 14th. Is anyone else in a similar situation or know what options I have?! Thanks in advance.

23. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You could bus/drive to Campo Grande and fly from there.

24. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Too far. Better to just get a bus directly to Brasilia instead then.

25. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Quite a few Australians are doing the trip. It's not a particularly long trip by Australian standards.