World Cup Ticketing Part V

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by cutout, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

Apr 16, 2010
    I think you are being a bit harsh.

It would take an unbelievably complicated system to be able to allocate specific seats to groups of games at different stadiums, especially into the knockout stages where some tickets are conditional, others get passed onto different teams etc.

I think some of you are acting too much like you are going to the theatre. Certainly in the UK there isn't really a culture of being massively bothered where you sit (other than being in one stand or another). Treat it like you are going to an away match, you don't know where exactly in the section your seat will be. Doesn't detract from the specticle.

2. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    There isnt any reason whatsoever that FIFA couldn't allocate seat numbers as they sold tickets.
    There isn't any reason why they couldn't confirm seat numbers for the first three games as you purchased them
    There isn't any reason why you couldn't have a system with instant confirmation from phase 1.
    Sure they would have to wait until the qualifying rounds had completed before they confirmed your seats for the next round, but even the biggest blockheads would have allocated space for TST's in the stadiums before they sold any seats at all!!
    There isnt any reason why they couldnt mail the tickets.
    There isn't any reason why they couldnt have sold tickets over the counter in SA earlier.
    There isnt really any reason why they need to make a 30% mark up on all the accommodation they sell through MATCH.
    There isn't any reason for the woeful approach to resales.

No reasons. Just an explanation.

FIFA is hopelessly inept!

3. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I HATE FIFA, just to let you know Fevernova99,

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    lol lets see what you say when you get the finals tickets :)

5. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    The earlier sales on the whole will be better seats with the major exception being C4 and the less popular venues where tickets are being reclassified.In this case a person that buys C4 now can be far better off especially at Nelspruit,PE and Polokwane-unfair but thats life.
    We all bought over a year ago under different conditions

6. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    In Germany I attended 13 matches. Without doubt my experience was that generally my cat 4 tickets were far superior to cat 1. I did post some photos on here a while ago to try to illustrate that.
    The cat 4's were picked up at this stage and were generally released when final camera positions had been determined.
    I said before that our tickets for England v Trinidad cost €26 and were immediately behind the England bench and just infront of the FA hierarchy.
    Cat 1's were €100

7. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The best tickets are always held for sponsors and for the football associations worldwide.

So it actually makes sense but is very unfair that those fans who buy early get the worst seats. Last minute buys normally get good tickets. However if you wait until the last minute you run the risk of not being able to get any.

I've got cat 1 tickets for successive world cups that are among the worst seats in the stadium (near the back high up behind the corner flags) and have been bought in the first phase. I got 2 McDonalds tickets once that were right on the halfway line at a perfect height.

8. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ok thanks. I got corner seats

You are going to Italy vs NZ in Nelspruit right? Where are you sitting?

9. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    :D I've got absolutely no idea!
    I have cat 2 tickets, but won't know where they are until I pick them up!

Thats FIFA for you!

10. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Had sponsors tix in Germany
    1st match-4 rows from front 20 metres from the half way line
    2nd match-8 rows from the front also pretty central
    3rd match-2nd tier,central at Allianz

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Presumably most of the seats round you were empty until they emerged from the bar.

12. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    I agree with whiskerxx. Luckily, I was already in duzens of matches on Euro04, WC06 & Euro08, and yes, sometimes I've had better Cat3 than Cat2 seats. It's a bit random, you'll see. And we can do nothing about it.

So my advise to you all: Enjoy the athmosphere & your matches, no matter if you are seated better or worse than others! You'll feel better & remember those moments forever :) Regards, Miguel

13. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    When are these dang Round of 16 matches going to come up to buy?

There is only a certain amount of days I can sit by my computer clicking refresh every minute!

14. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Member

Jan 15, 2008
    is there a way to find out where my seats are located for the tickets i purchased back in the earlier sales phases?

15. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, when you actually get them printed out in SA from the ticket machine.

16. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I figured as such - but I saw the replies about the last minute sale tickets being better than the tickets people purchased earlier and hoped there was a way to see online. :(

17. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Soccer City selling tickets now
    R16 and Netherlands vs Denmark CAT1

18. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Round of 16 Match 50/51/52 now available

19. anduril

anduril New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    goddamn. I keep trying to get tickets and get this message

"You have exceeded the maximum number of payment attempts and the request has been cancelled. Please try again"

Makes no sense, theres more than enough funds in my card, cookies are clear.

Worst part is i keep emailing the ticketing centre and in a week haven't heard anything, multiple emails and nothing.

worst customer service ever.

20. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    What if you call FIFA? I wonder if they would tell you. Anyone tried this for seat locations?

21. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    TBH, they have better things to worry about i.e. their shambolic ticketing system and replying to emails.

22. Cool Arrow

Cool Arrow New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Woohoo! Got me some sweet midfield seats to 50 and 52...I'm going to have to sell one pair because I'll be at 50 or 51 with my USA TSTs. Worth it to catch one more game while I'm there, though. If I can snag Chile vs. Spain this weekend, I'll be set and done filling FIFA's coffers. This trip has gotten ridiculously expensive. Top Ramen the rest of the year for this guy.

23. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Mate,I would create another account if I were you.
    btw-just how many attempts have you made and have you been successful with any other tickets?

24. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    The following have tix in all categories

Algeria Slovenia
    NZ Slovakia
    Honduras Chile
    Italy NZ
    Chile Switzerland
    Slovenia England
    Australia Serbia
    Paraguay NZ
    Denmark Japan
    North Korea Ivory Coast
    3rd place

25. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not much going on aye........

Never have I been so bored pressing refresh all day long,
    although I am unable to go on the website tomorrow, so if the tickets I need come up :mad: