World Cup Ticketing Part IV

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Depends how much you want to see the match.If you buy it now you have certainty.
    3rd place match is almost the match no team wants to play in and doesn't always produce the best football.
    Having said that,it could turn out to be 2 of the big seeds playing in it and supply would be short in the run in to the match

2. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Ok mate I understand that too.
    I think it was just the very first line
    "the thread is way too long ,I can't be bothered reading it" type line that gets folks offside
    If you totalled up the posts for WC ticketing for the last few WCs it would be thousands,and a hardcore of posters has kept it going.It is the best ticketing discussion on the net anywhere

btw,welcome dhicks18.Hope you enjoy the forum and the coming world cup

3. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If you are definitely going then why not buy in advance. It probably will be cheaper outside but you run the risk of forged tickets and wasting time. It is normally easy to get from FIFA.

While I expect there to be loads of spare tickets at games it is still better to have yours secured in advance once the price is OK from FIFA.

If you are only going to decide when you get there then go along on the day and iut shouldn't be a problem. Port Elizabeth have the worst ticket
    sales of any host city.

This obviously does not apply to the agencies selling tickets at ripoff prices. The touts outside the stadiums are normally far more reputable (they are still thieving scum) than those in the suits selling on ebay.

4. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will FIFA be checking ID's at the stadiums? There are a few days where we wont be sure of our plans until the last minute, and may have to buy tickets at the venue.

From past experience (Germany/ Euro 2008), no one looked at the tickets at all. Just concerned about being denied at the gate.

5. EastTerracer

EastTerracer New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm really not expecting any change from previous years. I have yet to be asked for any ID at the last 5 world cups and, given the slow rate of ticket sales so far, I can't see them trying to prevent access to anyone with a ticket.

6. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

Wait till you get there.

7. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    agreed

8. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    :D:D

9. SoccerFan36

SoccerFan36 Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If I have a TST4 and my team doesn't make it out of the first round. Can I select which second round game to attend? How does this work?

10. lazyasian

lazyasian New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nope, you get sent to the R16 game of the team which won the group.

11. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    You cannot choose, you have to follow the winner of the Group.

12. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cat 2 tickets for Match 55 and 60 will be available soon. Keep checking the ticketing site.

13. danielsilano

danielsilano Member

May 11, 2009
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    There are a lot of tickets if you buy them as conditionnal from the football federation of a country.
    Probably, if they don't sell those tickets, they must be available in the next phase. Am I ok?

14. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    True

What I have wondered for a long time is,if you have a TST covering a round of 16 but specifically want to go to one of the 2 matches your group advances to-can you still buy this ticket,and if you do and you end up with 2 tickets for the same match what happens-can you sell it back straight after the group stage,will 1 ticket automatically become null and void because its in the same name???

15. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's in the thread somewhere but if someone could tell me the email address of Fifa to tell them to swap out credit card numbers I would be thankful.
    The Major

16. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Re: Swap 2x UEFA Europa League Final for 2x WC Final

Pity it isn't Champions league final I woulda swapped. ;-)

17. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

This phase is really dull. Nothing happens. Bring back the anticipation and excitement of Phase 1, or bring on the novelty of real time purchases in Phase V!

Who's got a shopping list for phase V?

18. shimadaone

shimadaone New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 5, 2006
    Los Gatos, CA
    Looking to swap 2 USA vs England (Cat 1) for 2 Match 50 1C vs 2D (any category - can work out the difference in prices).

19. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mystic Meg does it again!

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Only dull because most people have got want they want now. If fact more than they want.

21. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

That's true, but plenty of people are still looking for the last game to make up their agenda.
    It is dull because there never seem to be any new tickets available, just the same old ones that never go - they might as well close it now and start again on April 15th!

22. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

Amazing, tell us the finals gonna be on sale soon

23. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC

Thinking about it, if I'd known how easy it would have been to get tickets I don't think I'd have bothered applying in the first phase. I was (stupidly as it turned out) expecting things to be broadly similar to 2006 and basically to take what you could get and be happy about seeing a few games at a World Cup.

In reality I should have waited a bit and made better plans. I've ended up with a trip that doesn't make a great deal of sense footballing wise (because it's based around some of the tickets I had already bought in the first phase), but the money is down now for accommodation and flights so it's too late to change it. For instance I pretty much assumed it was a long shot to get quarter final tickets - so booked my flight home before then - and it probably wouldn't have been that hard to get them in the end.

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Out of interest what games and which cities are you seeing?

25. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

yep. I applied with a friend and we got a real selection of games. We're basically keeping a couple of decent games in Durban and a QF.

But we are trying to get rid of all the others and following England instead with tickets we are getting from other friends. Still need England V Algeria though .

Bit worried about making a big loss on the other tickets. :cool: I am not sure returning them to FIFA is gonna sell them and I can't see how I can sell them in SA with so many Cat 4 tickets probably on the market!

But really looking forward to the trip now i have england tickets :) and looking forward to seeing the scenery too the more i look into it!