World Cup Ticketing Part IV

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks - will definitely go to Ellis Park and maybe Nelspruit and will swop the Cape town ones for any tickets at Loftus. And Italy as a team? I bought these coz they where the previous winners (and was duly chewed out on this forum for thinking they get automatic qualification - :eek:) but do not know how well this team plays (anymore). Opinion?

2. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They were in our qualification group (Ireland) so I saw them twice. Italy always do just enough to win. We drew twice with them and they didn't really impress in either game. However Italy know how to play at the business end of a tournament however there is nothing in their current form to suggest they have any chance of winning it.

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ta. Are you coming even though someone had a hand in your side not making it?:rolleyes:

4. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Red Card to the member from Pretoria

:)

5. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And I did not even have to say LOL !:D

6. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    So you had better take a good book to read!

7. pazzinter

pazzinter Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    I would echo what popularside wrote. They have a stubborn coach nursing old glory who will not call up fresher, more creative (and in cases controversial) players - not that the new crop stacks up to the old generation in their prime (2006). That said, they will have tons of experience, undoubted quality and grind out results. Plus their group opponents are arguably the weakest on paper.
    Anyways, I have an Italy TST-5 and will be supporting them with my all. Like you, I won't make the Cape Town match but intend to make the other 4. Hopefully their results put them in Pretoria for the Rd. of 16 on 6/29...

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Still coming although not going to see any volleyball teams. :D

9. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    so if the World Cup isn't sold out, will they have tickets at the box office on game day?

10. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Logic says yes
    I think there will be a big take up from South Africans in Phase 5 when they can buy over the counter(Cat 4-many remaining extra tickets will be recategorised down to C 4).
    It will only be Port Elizabeth,Bloemfontein and Polokwane that will really suffer low sales IMHO

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some games will and others not but the definite is that FIFA will not be selling tickets on the day and there will be no Box Office. The general feeling is that the locals will have their own 'unofficial' box office on teh street.

12. dhicks18

dhicks18 New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this thread is waaaay to long to read...

are the semi-final tickets for Cape Town all sold out? thats really all i want to see

13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Yes and No. Iv'e tried to make this as easy as possible for you. ;-)

14. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    then don't read it all.
    it would have been shorter if you had been around when it started.
    Just be thankful that people bother to post something useful

15. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Believe it or not Pretoria is the only venue with NO tickets available in the present phase

16. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

My answer although a bit vague was actually correct. As things stand at the moment they are sold out. BUT they may and probably will become available during the next phase. Beginning in April. 15th I think it is.

17. dhicks18

dhicks18 New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thx...that i understood from skimming through. i just felt like cpt was such a popular choice that everything was gone. everything for green point was absent except for NK and portugal.i didn't do the TST tickets b/c i am actually more interested in seeing the country and people. i just want to go to a few games towards the end of the tournament. it was my mistake b/c i didn't read that this current phase is 1st come 1st serve and didn't have a full commitment from everyone in my group.

worst case scenario what i'll do is rent a black hyundai, put a UN flag on it and drive to the stadium's back entrance. it just might work

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You charmer! What Whisker probably found most frustrating is that people often throw a line in without checking the official site first and demand an answer about tickets as if we were running the competition.

I presume this measured reply will also result in some abusive tirade but Whiser is one of the most sensible and contructive people on the sites so your last line if even more unecessary that the previous upteen.

19. dhicks18

dhicks18 New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm banterring now but I just couldn't find anything through search. I had no other option.
    I know there are a gazillion threads already but how about city specific ones as the tourney gets closer. The only problem I have w/ a reply like that is that it's in text. You can't tell what the person really means, I have no relation with whisker. Don't know m/f (I mean whisker cmon) and waking up grabbing my phone and looking at the reply, how does one perceive that. I'm already cranky b/c I haven't had my bacon. so I decided to go on a rant. *kanyeshrug*

city specific threads...give it some thought

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No I am sorry but I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

21. dhicks18

dhicks18 New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it doesn't matter...none of it matters. end all of this

here's a legit question. 3rd place match....would I be a sucker for buying those tickets rather then just waiting till I got there

(host city specific threads)

22. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've removed some personal attacks. But folks, can we try to be a little bit more hospitable to newly arrived posters asking questions in good faith? This

seems unnecessarily...abrupt...to me.

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing compared with the vitriol, the bit I could understand anyway, it received. If first time posters could look like they have done some research rather than just demand an instant answer then they may be better received. Some people post the most basic of questions which 5 minutes looking at the FIFA site could answer. The internet has all the answers if people can be bothered to find them.

24. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    The problem is that many questions either have been asked a million times or are just common sense and for the major contributors it has to be frustrating.

Regarding the original CT question
    Currently not available
    Another phase next month-many of us have our own ideas about what might become available,but at the end of the day its just an educated guess
    Check FIFA April 15

25. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understood. And the vitriol--which I agree was categorically different--has been addressed. It just seemed to me, in hindsight, that someone with the label "newbie" ought not to be held to the same standards as older hands just on the basis of common courtesy.