World Cup Ticketing Part II

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Caesar, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I got 4 tix cat 1, TST5 follow Mexico during the 1st phase.

Fifa justed charged my cc $1, 276 for the opening match price difference.

Opening match cat 1 price is $450 dlls each, & I paid only $160 before the drawing, not knowing that Mexico NT will get the group A2 & will be playing the opening match vs SA.

There is a $290 dlls difference for each tix, times 4 = $1,160

Plus 10% for TST account service for a total of $1,276 dlls.:mad:

2. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Unfortunately probably yes particularly if he got your passport number right and your date of birth right.

They do cross reference. Now given the low ticket sales they might not be as strict this year. The last thing FIFA want to do not is disallow ticket applications and have to refund money.

As a general rule make sure your guest is not going to the tournament. They never check names. My guest doesn't even exist.

3. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I doubt it.

The last thing organisers will do or check or care with the reported extremely poor ticket sales.

4. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
  5. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    This states you cannot transfer your tickets to a 3rd party. You must submit for resale. Although not stated you can be damn sure that FIFA will sell unsold tickets first rather than resale tickets for any game.

If you are noit going to South Africa the only way to sell tickets will be to give your credit card to the person or possibly cancel your credit card and then give them the cancelled card.

6. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

What you say in the first paragraph is not strictly true. You CAN transfer tickets.
    What it does say though is an applicant cant transfer all his tickets. He must put them up for resale.
    A guest/s ticket/s can be transfered. A ticket applicant cannot transfer he must put them up for resale.

7. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You can't. You can only transfer your GUEST tickets which is not needed anyway. FIFA never check the names.

You can only send your tickets back for resale.

See the FIFA policy

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/tickettransferpolicy.html

Can I transfer my own Ticket to a Guest?
    No, Ticket Applicants are not permitted to transfer the Ticket allocated to the Ticket Applicant himself. If the Ticket Applicant is unable to attend the match for which he has purchased Tickets, then he may submit all of his Tickets for possible resale under the Ticket Resale programme described below. This rule is essential to uphold the policy rationale for this Ticket Transfer Policy identified below.

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    hearts, I see you have since edited your post to correct it.

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

I was amending my post as you wrote. ;-)

10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see we now have to have a relationship with the Guest it is being transferred! That might be taking it a bit far.

For the majority of games FIFA will struggle to sell all their tickets so there is no chance of anyone else doing it. Presumably the sort of games people are trying to offload are the sort that FIFA will have no chance with.

11. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be a mess, there are a lot of people, brokers, etc, that bought tickets and will not be traveling to South Africa. Now they have no way of transferring the tickets for someone to pick them up?

Does anyone know of a way I can edit my details? eg to see what credit card I used, or to change the credit card I pick the tickets up with, etc.

12. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There will be a way to change your credit card if it expires. However this is risky if you change it to a friend as they will have a different name etc and if the automated machine won't work you are screwed.

As Ric has said FIFA will be struggling to make sales now so the last thing they want is people who have tickets offloading them.

Those not going to South Africa will need to find a way to get their tickets collected eg giving credit cards to a friend or posting them to South Africa.

Those of us with extra tickets that are going will probably be down the cash unless we can find buyers.

13. guanaco20

guanaco20 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    North Bergen
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Why are they not allowing Ticket Holders to transfer their tickets as well? I'm in the situation where I have a pair of tickets to the QuarterFinals game in Port Elizabeth and cannot attend that game. So I made plans with my brother to give him those two tickets for himself and a guest to attend the game. My brother and his guest have booked all flights and accommodations for their trip. But the FIFA Transfer Policy does not allow for the Ticket Holder (me) to give up my ticket. Ticket Holders are being forced to attend all the matches that you request tickets for. They really cannot complicate things like this especially considering the low volume of tickets sold so far.

I'm going to try my luck emailing the FWCTC once again and let them know that they need to make exceptions to their policy. I understand if I was trying to sell my tickets for a profit and so furth, but I'm giving them as gifts to my own brother. If they had a better ticket request system that allows the applicants to review the tickets they were successful in getting, before charging them, so they can confirm which ones to attend, then a lot of concerns and headaches could be avoided. I know I'm not the only person who will find themselves in this situation.

14. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    For what it's worth, I logged onto my FIFA account today and saw that they've added a feature consistent with the new transfer policy that allows you to transfer the guest tickets to different people. Under your ticket request/confirmation it now says "Transfer Guests." The applicant can't transfer tickets. It's only for guests. You have to provide a reason for the transfer. The seven listed reasons of FIFA's web page are set out below:

Please select the reason for your guest transfer request from the list below:

__ a Ticket Holder wishes to transfer a Ticket from a named Guest to a family member
    __ a nominated Guest is ill
    __ a nominated Guest is unable to obtain a valid visa to travel to South Africa
    __ a nominated Guest is prohibited from travelling from his point of origin
    __ there is an event of force majeure
    __ a nominated Guest dies, or where a close relative of the nominated Guest dies
    __due to a change in personal circumstances

15. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    haha yea for sure!

When will my Tickets be resold?
    No resales will be made until the original inventory of Tickets in a particular category for a specific Match (or TST Ticket product) have already sold-out once. Tickets submitted for resale will be placed in an inventory pool of available Tickets. Tickets will be resold based on actual demand by match and Ticket category. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR TICKETS WILL BE RESOLD.

16. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if we put enough pressure on FIFA they will alter the process to allow applicant details to be edited?

(Although is it safe to assume that the only time the applicant details will matter is if the credit card does not work in the machine?)

17. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sales are a disaster at the moment. This is allowing for the fact that loads of people who have tickets are not travelling. FIFA don't want these people selling their tickets while FIFA are struggling to sell theirs.

for Germany there was huge demand for every ticket so FIFA tried to help resell tickets to allow as many people as possible attend games. Now they will try whatever means possible to sell all of their remaining tickets and block resales.

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well its no surprise when the tix are so expensive. Had the prices been halved I'm sure we would see more demand from the locals. Wonder if this will be a lesson for Brazil 2014.

19. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So with the wonky way FIFA is doing ticket transfers, it leaves me with a question...

If the applicant cant go but his guests can, can he transfer the applicant status to one of his guest so they can pick up the tickets (and maybe even transfer to a family member of theirs)?

Anyone have any insight?

20. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My reading of it is no they can't. In reality the applicant can give their credit card to their guest. I'd recommend giving a photocopy of their passport and a letter of authorisation to produce if needed. Note FIFA will say they won't accept this but I reckon it will be enough on the ground to pick up tickets.

If you are not going to be in south africa from late April on and don't have somebody you can trust with your credit card you are in trouble. You could try changing the credit card used to pick up tickets

eg John Smith has tickets passport number xyz123 credit card number 123456

Joe Brown wants to go . passport number abc456 and credit card number 987654

John changes his credit card to pick up the tickets to that of Joe eg 987654.

When Joe arrives in South Africa he can enter his credit card i nthe sutomated machine and it should/might give him the tickets. The problem is that if it doesn't work the staff will see the tickets are assigned to a John Smith and may not issue them . They might with a copy of John Smith's passport and a letter of authorisation. They might not and if you ask FIFA now they will say they won't.

21. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I stand to be corrected but if the first two phases were sales of only 674,403 and this had just less than 1million on sale of which only 6 matches were fully sold I am not sure how we get to 2 million or does it also include all the tickets sold to individual associations, though that was not very much.

22. Campo de Estrellas

Campo de Estrellas New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    New York
    Quick question -- does it make sense to wait on buying tickets to matches other than the US group stages since Fifa is having issues selling these tix? IE, is there a chance there will be cheaper tix available through third parties once June rolls around (Cat 4 or otherwise)?

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not for England or possibly Algeria but as at Ellis park you will have no problem with Slovenia. Germany will be tricky in 2nd round.

24. mex_lup

mex_lup New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Hi, does anyone know how I can change my credit card details? Mine expired last week so I need to update the new exp date and sec code in case I'm succesful in the draw next week. I've emailed Fifa but no reply as of yet.