World Cup Schedule in Eastern Times

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by IslandBoy, Dec 19, 2005.

1. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi,

I am "forced" to go on a Business trip during the first week of the World Cup. Naturally, I am trying arrange my schedule around the Portugal games but I need to know the exact times the games start (Eastern Times i.e Montreal, Boston, New York etc.)

I know currently Germany is + PLUS 6 hours compared to Eastern Time, however I believe that this changes to + PLUS 7 hours in the summer?

If this is indeed true, than FIFA's website where they have the "Match Time Converter" is incorrect..?

Match Converter

Anyways, if anyone has any info, please let me know.
    I am interested in Portugal's first 3 games. Hopefully, if all goes well and I can come back to MTL ASAP.

Thanks

2. Portugallia

Portugallia BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 9, 2005
    Why doesn't this surprise me.

3. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This website sucks in terms of the things they report... but when it comes to schedules and times and things they are reliable, so i'm pretty sure these will be the right times ET.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/worldcup/fixtures?cc=5901

4. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks Violationgd! Thats exactly what I was looking for.

5. BlancoMEX

BlancoMEX New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    B.C., Canada
    worldcup.com site isn't wrong...i even googled it to check my times here in Canada. Whew i don't like the game times here :mad: , my team's first game is luckily on the weekend, but the last 2 group games are in the morning on weekdays, and this is the last month of my Grade 12 year, where we prepare for government exams. Yikes! Haha but of course i will NEVER miss a game, as i'm sure all you other true soccer fans won't either.

6. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hook me up with some rep. ;)

7. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Nope! I wont miss the Portugal games. Heck, I am scheduling a customer installation around the game times! Luckily Portugals first 2 games are on the weekend so it makes it a little easier for most of the Portuguese fans :cool: