News: World Cup Round 2 - France vs. Mexico (6/17/2010)

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What about playing the non starters XI (+Malouda) for the last game ?

2. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought those were your non-starters. Gignac, Valbuena, Diaby...

3. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There's still Cissé. And well, Gignac and Valbuena came on the pitch when the situation was already desperate.

Anyway, whatever is the last result, that would be a nice gesture.

4. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still have a chance to go through. All you have to do is beat the shit out of South Africa and hope Uruguay beats Mexico.

5. herm2020

herm2020 Member

Nov 30, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There's still a chance, but honestly France don't deserve to go to the next round. Terrible stuff out there. They have so much talent, but they don't play as a team at all.

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    To be frank. I really wonder if that generation has so much talent beside not being able to play together.

I know we still have a chance but that team is broken. FUBAR. Maybe a fresh start will help.

We're somewhat lucky. If Uruguay thrash Mexico, we actually have a good chance of making it to a more glorious(?) exit against Argentina. And well, surviving this should offer France a second life...

But then again. Our very coach pretty much conceded elimination...

7. allezlesbleusno1

allezlesbleusno1 New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is no sense in saying we have so much talent. The problem is when the French players put on a French jersey, the talent goes out the window.
    There's a lack of pride and motivation within the ranks when it comes to the French team. I'll avoid mentioning Domenech because he's been such a big problem that I'm done talking about him.

The talent in this team is non-existant! Laurent Blanc will have to bring the whole cleaning tool kit when he comes to coach, a lot of them will have to be cleaned and even disposed of altogether!

allez les bleus :(

8. the_pheasant

the_pheasant Member

Feb 11, 2009
    In a corn field
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Benzema & Nasri can have a frst start with Blanc.

9. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    France ********ed this up when Henry handballed against Ireland.

The sponsors cannot have a cheater on the field. Not when you try to sell crisps and yoghourts. It's too important.

Instead we had the mighty star Anelka. Great seller. Great advertising, good job man.

10. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You know , I'm starting to think we don't have this amazing talent we all seem to think/hope .

Though it certainly doesn't help when you have a complete clueless and retarded coach in Raymond Domenech . I really just don't understand how someone as bad as him has become the longest ever coach . How can one explain this ? But at the same time there is just so much wrong with the team . Actually , with France there's no such thing . We simply don't play like a team , there's so much ego's , no cohesion , so much confusion in tactics , just a recipe for disaster !

About the game , I really don't know what to say . Where was the passion , where was the hunger , where was the spirit when wearing the BLUE jersey ?! I did not see it , this is unthinkable considering what was at stake . What a shadow France has become . I believe we're in trouble , and Blanc won't be enough .

We simply deserved to lose , not only for our performance but also because the NEGATIVITY Domenech has . Playing for a draw , seriously ?! France has fallen . Terrible Euro 2008 , didn't even make it out of the group . Awful WC 2010 , not making it out of the group . 0-2 down , Domenech has one sub left , he doesn't even bother with it ... :rolleyes:

I'm just going to accept France will no longer challenge for titles in the near future .

11. allezlesbleusno1

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I do believe Blanc will have a tough job ahead, but I don't think everything is as bad for the French team. We may need to revert to seldomly used French players. We need to go with unknown players so that they can have more motivation and give more for the French national team. The problem today is most players just DON'T CARE. We can have a better team with unknown players than the ones we have now. We need team cohesion, not a team full of individual egos. For me, one of the biggest villain of this team was Anelka. His body language summed it up for us. This guy could have given a rat's ass out there. What was worse was Domenech kept playing him.

We will need a new generation of fresh blood for the next French team.

12. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agreed . But this is what I mean , we need a new generation which France's level will drop , unless Gourcuff , Ben Afra , Nasri , Benzema can perform at the highest level consistently .

Anelka , Gallas , Henry ( he cares but obviously just past it ) Evra , Govou all need to go !!!

13. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    la Génération 87

[​IMG]

WE NEED TO BUILD OFF THESE PLAYERS ASAP

WE PLAYED LIKE SH!T TODAY

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

GOOD LUCK TO MEXICO GOOD GAME!

14. zlz_deutschland_zlz

zlz_deutschland_zlz New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    NEWYORK n DUSSELDORF
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused: i felt bad for france fans today,if they bring benzema,nasri,ben afra then they might difference dont you think so?i just do not understand why domenech did not make change for other three players but instead only one and he only 5'6 and he kept same players on the field playing without passion,disorganized and they might not even play for win,i suggest france team do same thing like us now,find and play younger generation because those black french players just to old and slow IMO...and last thing is goalkeeper loris is worse,you dont make a move early and fast as him,look at oliver kahn and you know what i mean!good luck to france in the future:)

15. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tough loss guys. With the crop of incredible young talent it has, I have no doubt France will come back strong under the right coach (anyone but Domenech). They had a forgettable 2002 WC and made it to the final in 2006. They will do it again.

Good luck in the future.

16. allezlesbleusno1

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good luck to you guys all the way. I've always thought that Mexico has had bad luck in competitions. You guys deserve to go very far!

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Truth is, Nasri, Benzema, Yoyo and Ben Arfa never seemed match changers in any of the games they played for the NT.

18. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks, we hope so but it looks like a meeting with Argentina awaits us if we qualify (nothing is guaranteed).

They are still young and haven't played for a good coach yet.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There's potential.

Problem is, some thought there was a lot more than that.

We're in a period in-between generations, the young players lack experience and the old ones are past their prime.

France always returns. Always.

20. mexicanmuscletx

mexicanmuscletx New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not gona happen Uruguay aint SHH... TO US. im tired of hearing people comparing us to chile, paraguay or uruguay and countries like that we are way to big for them, we always beat them their nothing to us. this world cup everyone is gona see the power of mexico.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Famous last words.

22. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    why is henry on the bench when he's one of the few who cares, i mean he literary took france to the WC, only to put on the bench

can someone explain domench fascination with govou, is he giving him sexual favors

23. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Domenech plays him because his horoscope is good this week. :p

FFF should seriously relieve Domenech of coaching duties. He's a lame duck, everyone knows it, that's why no one takes him seriously, and that's why the team's disorganized and has no harmony.

24. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    France is ALWAYS my second team after '98. Hell, I even took 4 years of French at school to really understand a bit better, but this time they disappointed quite a lot. I sensed trouble when Trezeguet quit the team because of arguements with Domenech. I think he's terrible with his superstitions and with the "team" that he put together. This team could of done great things, had the team been thought how to be a team. I'll still keep France in my heart and I'll keep playing as France on Fifa 11(whenever that shit comes out) along with my home country, Mexico. I do think that generation '87 should be worked on to form a cohesive base for a team. Anyways, most of the time I lurk through these French boards and not post here because I'm obviously not French, but I hope that France has a great EuroCup and that it begins working on that.

25. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lloris, Malouda, Toulalan and perhaps Diaby have kept their dignity.

Don't want to see Anelka ever in the French NT, Gallas, Evra, Ribéry can get lost with a kick in the arse. Too many years enduring disrespectful behaviour towards our country and what is worse: us...

Domenech, Martini, Mankovski, Boghossian, Escalettes, le Graët, etc. out of our football for years I hope...

Let's write their name on a stone and throw it at their arrogant face, the good old way to show them the love they deserve.