News: World Cup Round 2 - France vs. Mexico (6/17/2010)

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 12, 2010.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeudi 17 juin 2010
    Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Afrique du Sud 2010 à Polokwane (20h30)
    France - Mexique

DREAM TEAM

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Ribery, Gignac, Valbuena, Malouda, Gourcuff,Toulalan, Evra, Squillaci, Gallas, Reveillere, Lloris[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

SUPER SUBS :Abou Diaby,Thierry Henry,Djibril Cissé

2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    i predict a loss for france. nothing has changed in four yrs and won't change in days

anyone who thinks otherwise, needs to be checked at a mental institution

i want them out so we can move on. having ray as coach is like being stuck in an unhappy marriage

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    haha. so this is what a bad marriage is like? no thank you!

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I dare to think otherwise, I don't like intellectual terrorism...As for prediction, I lost my crystal ball. I think we can win and...we can lose this game.

5. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That kind of attitude totally baffles me... We're moving on anyway: Domenech is out after the WC regardless of how we do... So as French fans we've got absolutely nothing to gain rooting against our team. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the only changes i would make from the uruguay match would be gignac for anelka and malouda for ribéry.

i would understand valbuena for govou as well, but valbuena is always best as a sub.

what zizou for life doesn't seem to understand is that even with a loss to mexico we could go through, and with a draw it's almost assured. so the poor thing is going to have to deal with our deluded hopes a bit longer.

but the fact is, we gonna win.

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Its obvious that Ray was playing for the draw against Uruguay. Will he be playing for the win against Mexico? and if so what will he do differently to help the team score?

8. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Saying we should hope for France to be knocked out of the WC is bull merde and it pisses me off to hear anyone saying that! Especially since Domenech is gone after the WC is over, regardless of France's performance.
    Dump Anelka for sure! Start Gignac or Cisse! As for Govou? He doesn't do anything so it wouldn't hurt to try Valbuena..at least thrown in as an early (halftime) sub. What do they have to lose at this point?

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes well said

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

10. allezlesbleusno1

allezlesbleusno1 New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would like to say that we are going to play for a win but with Ray you never know. I mean it's obvious that if we want to win, then the team (players) needs to change from what we currently have! But what's obvious to us is not to him, or rather, he just doesn't want to see the obvious.

11. allezlesbleusno1

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think with the changes up front, we should have more possibilities. Also, Mexico will not be playing 7 men behind the ball so we will find a lot more spaces in the midfield.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

"Victory is possible, but Domenech trumps all possibilities!"

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what will he do diffrently to help the team to score? besides suiting up and playing himself i don't see what. it's not like he controls the game with a manette!

and read this loud and clear: 5 points get us through, absolutely if one comes against el tri, so the name of the game is just don't lose baby! the fact some people don't like it doesn't change that real and pertinent fact!

and playing not to lose is not the same as playing for the draw. that's what uruguay did (and what mexico can no longer afford to do) but france gave themselves... correction, RAY gave his players every chance to win.

13. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The answer to this question will largely depend on the result of South Africa-Uruguay played the night before. If Uruguay wins, then a loss to Mexico will be devastating--Uruguay and Mexico will just need a draw on the last match day to advance even if we beat South Africa, and believe me a draw it will be.

Anything else but a win for Uruguay against South Africa, and we're still very much alive even if we lose to Mexico by just one goal (a loss by more than one goal would be a lot more problematic).

Raymond might be stubborn and arrogant, but he's not dumb--he knows all this; so you can be sure that he'll play not to lose if Uruguay wins against South Africa. People need to understand that a 0-0 draw against Mexico would be perfectly acceptable--it would basically put us in the same position we were before the Togo game in 2006.

Now if South Africa beats Uruguay or if the game ends in a draw, we can afford to be a bit more attacking-minded against Mexico.

All of this we need to keep in mind before we rush to judgment after the Mexico game.

14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Mark my words. When Raymundo is long gone the players will open up and give the full account of what was said in the locker room, the strategies (or lack thereof) that were put into place, and the talks that Domenech gave at half time to "motivate his team".

you might not think that coaching is important to the playing style that a team adopts but Zizou seems to think otherwise. and being that he's actually played for the man....i trust him more.

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I find it more than ironic that if, what you are saying is true, that rather than playing an attractive "french" style of play, that this type of cynical, ugly, get through the group by 0-0 draws, has been adopted by the coach who despises Italy so much.

But then again, they say people tend to hate those who they resemble the most.

16. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm counting on Mexico to force Les Bleus to wake up !

17. allezlesbleusno1

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So it may seem that some changes are underway for the Mexico game.

------------- Toulalan ------------
    --------------------- Diaby -------
    Anelka ---- Ribery ----- Malouda
    ------------- Henry ----------------

Anelka and Ribery finally got what they wanted which was to have Gourcuff start from the bench.

They BETTER perform NOW! They've been acting like prima donnas!

18. IR89 redded

IR89 redded Red Card

May 25, 2010
    Damn our team needs to do this so we can have Chicharito, Guardado, and Ochoa starting.

We need to learn these French techniques. :D

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    save the french style for teams whose quality and level indicate it. for any and all top teams, of which france is still one, getting out of a WC group is above all a calculation.

not even long gone. and i'm not sure which side here will have the biggest surprise.

20. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know right ? It seems France these days only wakes up once a team takes them on . :mad:

21. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    I agree, being a long time supporter i began with the team of Platini and i travelled until recently to Germany to support them...

And again, Domenech is not on the field.

I have never seen a team so unrespectful of the shirt, their attitude has finished to disgust me with the boycott (that's the word) of Gourcuff. It's so easy to make a player look disabled, you don't play with him, you do not run for his passes, or you pass him impossible balls... I have never seen something like this before. Even in germany i had the illusion that they had some kind of respect for us supporters. Just a bunch of egos boasting about their constant failure. Loyalty is where their money comes from : in their club. It's over for me.

I want them out. I want my national team back.

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    allez les bleus!!!!!!

23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's right!! Come on guys, no more mopey shit, let's get up for this game. We can do it!! Allez les Bleus!!

24. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Well since Uruguay lost, I'm hoping for a tie as well. Many Mexicans including myself are not very confident we could get a win against you guys. Then I came here and many of you guys are not very optimistic about your team either.:D

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Domenech's out no matter what, even if we somehow win the damn thing. For now, I'm enjoying the ride