World Cup: Group H Honduras vs Spain

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by jcvf90, May 27, 2010.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    This is the least important of our games. We will probably lose, and anything better than losing is icing on the cake. I just hope for a respectable showing and for us to not let them have it as easy as people think they will.

Never forget

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOe63CGChVs"]YouTube- Honduras - Spain 1982 World Cup[/ame]

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The mother of all games! If we lose, I wouldn't really care but to draw or even beat Spain we be insane!

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  4. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well lets Crank up this thread again.. based on our result vs. chile, this match becomes pivotal. We must play for the 0-0 draw, we would be fools to think we could score against this team.

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    man i better leave the house early so i can rock the jersey, because after 2 30 pm... well you know

6. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    did anyone see the england vs algeria game today?
    wassup wit the big teams in this world cup smh

we need at least a tie in this game ..spain are gonna be pressured to get the victory

so ruedo needs to think wit his head &not his ass in this game
    its time to attack & defend ..not just defend

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    pero precisamente por lo anterior - los llamados a ganar tendran una tarea que nos puede dejar mal parados en cualquier cancha del mundo

una goleada y todo el mundo se olvidara de la euforia de hace una semana o de la clasificacion.

a juagar con calma y no regalar nada....en el medio campo, si pasan de alli, a buscar Veladoras:(

8. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The usa and Switzerland used the same strategy to beat spain. We need to defend by clogging the middle of the midfield and giving up the flanks since spain does not have much speed down the flanks other than Sergio Ramos. Hopefully we can contain the constant crosses that are going to be coming our way. Sergio Ramos will start to push up and than is when Spain is vulnerable on a counter attack with Suazo and Alvarez.

We need to play with two forwards and two Defensive midfielders. Guevara and Palacios need to be smart and clog up the passing lanes. Hack the spanish midfield early and often. This game will be very similar to the Mexico game at the Azteca. We had our chances to score on that game and we will have our chances on this one as well. The only problem is that Spain is better than Mexico.
    The game has to be played before we throw in the towel, hopefully we are more crisp with our passes in the midfield.

Valladares
    Mendoza, Osman, Figueroa, Espinoza
    Guevara, Palacios
    Alvarez Ramon/Turcios
    Welcome Suazo

Costa Rica beat Switzerland for gods sake, and the Swiss beat Spain. We can and will put up a fight tomorrow, as long as we enjoy ourselves and are willing to die on that field.

9. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you wouldnt want hendry and wilson as the 2 defensive mids? And I guess we're just picking Mendoza cause hes been playing..

About Ramos.. he was doubtful, but last I heard hes gonna shake off the injury. Now Iniesta I heard is still doubtful as of like an hour.

10. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    another effing injury?!?! man, these guys are 5 year olds or what?, learn how to effing take care of your body during practices, quit messing around. damn

11. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think that Honduras gives too much possession with Hendry and Wilson. Instead of slowing down the other teams attack we seem to be under constant pressure when Hendry is in the game.

I think that Sabillon does not respond well when on the road, so I would rather play Mendoza against Spain; Mendoza should have the jitters out of his system for this game.

It would be great if we could employ the speed of sabillon and Alvarez down the right side, but I don't know if we can try that against Spain. Speed seems to give Spain trouble so maybe we just put our fastest players on the flanks and hope one of them can catch a spanish SB out of position.

12. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    CHILE SCORE!!!!! What a goal! Filthy header by Mark Gonzalez, 1-0 Chile in the 75th minute!

13. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    guys good luck against spain van a jugar suazo en de leon?

14. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    Good luck to Honduras, from Mexico! I hope the H scores some on Spain.

15. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thnx bro
    i hope so too

and i think it is clear that david suazo is staring
    better than pavon imo

16. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Good Luck Honduras, de un Salvadoreno!

Lets send those spaniards packing, back home!

17. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anyone have a link to Honduran commentary for this one? I need some Nasralla today.

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    El defensor Mendoza no esta jugando y el attacante Martinez no esta conectando con Suazo. yo diria si tienen a otros, que los cambien para el segundo tiempo.

Suerte

20. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    this team did not go to play a world cup
    psh these guys only went to play for the $8 million that u get on group stages.
    friday may be the last game for rueda ..i dont care.

this team is a disgrace to all honduras
    2014? anyone

21. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It was Spain man. Future is bright!

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suerte tubieron. España esta fuerte, si concretaran el 25% de las que tiran serian goleadas.

Brazil y España los dos mejores hasta ahora.

23. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are really hanging on by a thread now. But that's ok, you guys are still having fun. Saw those Honduras fans in the stadium? They couldn't give a shit how Honduras was playing, they're still living it up.

24. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Rueda is a horrible coach, he tried to force his philosophy into the team instead of using the strength of the team and using it to their advantage.

We never did anything with one forward on top and 5 in midfield. In fact we looked at our worst with that formation.

He tried to force a possession style game but he never taught the players how to properly make runs and create space for their teammates to pass them the ball.

He never made good adjustments or made a good substitution during the games that mattered.

I have never seen a Honduran team with so little to offer on the attack. We had not had a decent shot on target against Turkey, Romania, Chile and Spain. We are not world beaters, but we have always been able to cause other teams problems down the flanks with our speed.

How can your start Pery Martinez and Espinoza against Spain, we have better players that those two.

He had to realize that the team was not buying into his bunker style of play, we don't have the players to play that type of game.

He had good players at his disposal and he made them slow the game down when on the counterattack. We had numbers on a bunch of counters and the players looked like they had not practiced those plays.

25. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thank god
    it told my friends the EXACT same thing
    and they responded he got us into the world cup so he aint b ad
    but with the talent we had in CONCACAF a 2nd grader could have gotten us at least the 4th spot in the hex
    but thnks man, i wish i could rep you because thats exactly what i think, AND WHY NO DAMN ALVAREZ?
    i hope rueda is done here