World Cup: Group D

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  2. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    i heard that..one of the mexicans is galinda or something..good news for us

payande iran!

3. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    kheily Alee shoud ke mexiciyA doutA az bAzikonA-shoun ro az dast dAdan. yekishoun kheily bazikouneh khoubi bood.

angola karesh khalaseh.

4. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  5. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Manuel Fernandes is ********ing awesome, he completly owned riquelme vs villareal where he won man of the match scoring an amazing goal...unlike makelele fernandes is also a dangerous scorer, even better then maniche.

However, scholari might not call him( the idiot) because maniche-costinha have played together for 4 years and run the midfield..wining porto the uefa and champions league cups, and seocnd in euros and gave ortugal the best qualifiing record in europe..coupled with the fact they used to play with deco now at barcalona for 3 years, they will be hard to replace.

tiago who starts at lyon is also one to look at..scored 2 goals when they beat psv in the CL, and also young joao moutinho.

However:eek: ..our best defender and a defender who many regard as the best all round defender in the world jorge andrade is gonna miss the world cup, and thats a HUGE loss..our defense is still world class without him, but its just not as good..fernando meira from stuttgart, his rpelacement is damn good as well, bieng named to germanys team of the year, but he doesnt have half the speed and long range passing capabilities like andrade has:(

Andrade is a huge loss for us, and our defence wont be as tight.

all in all im sure you all know this portugal team is one of the bestin the world, but Iran are no pushovers either.

Karmini, makhdavkia(sp?), rezei, hasmeniam, kaebi are all great players...but to be honest i dont see how you could stand uo to portugal..

our defence even without andrade is top 5 in the world..while your defence and keeping isnt up there...as well we control the midfield in any game we play in, just ask spain holland brazil..where weve had more possesion..I jsut dont see iran doing well as our offence can certainly over power ur defence and our midfield is a class above yours.

That being said though..karimi and mackdakvia( i butchered his name, sorry) can certainly contribute and will prove how good they are.

I know ive probably come across as a bit overconfident, but i guess i just said tings the way they are.

Portugal is world class in all positions( except our amn goalie, my god he sucks)..and iran will find it hard to play. Kairmi and madkavkia wont get the ball alot as portugal will probably have alot of it.

But iran can certainly pull of an upset ..and i do think you will vbeat mexico

6. Karimi_Ching

Karimi_Ching New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Cupertino CA
    I agree with almost every aspect of your post.

7. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Me too! This is a fare assessment.

8. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    .... but! I would not be a true Team Melli fan if I didn't tell you that we will beat Protugal by say ....... two goals! :p

9. Acid_rAin

Acid_rAin New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Toronto
    Iran has always performed well under pressure, especially against big teams. One thing you cant do is predict soccer!

10. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Exactly, who the hell thought USA would score 3 on us in 2002:confused: I woke up late and saw the scoreline and thought it was a bad dream:p

If usa can iran certainly can..but this Portugal is different(hopefully).

BTW does nosrati start in your defence still?

11. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Ouch! That was below the belt! ;)

Nosrati will be in charge of marking Christian Ronaldo! :p

12. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

LOL.

God help that poor basterd then:p

13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lol dont be so happy rezaei will shut down ronaldo.:cool: but the problem is that you have a LOT of good offensive players and defence is our weak point.:(

14. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    and that is exactly why we will score half dozen goals on them! 4 to win, and 2 for insurance! :D

15. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  16. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  17. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  18. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Okay guys, Mexico announced their roster (26 man roster to be cut down to 23 by May 15).

Does anyone know where we stand with ours?

19. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    I know Portugal has better players..figo,ronaldo,deco........

but we also have talent and that's what pll tend to forget..and that's how surprises happen..they look at the other team and say ok..how much famous players do they have? 1...they'll think the other team is much weaker because they have 7 star players..but they forget the other team has so much talent!