world cup anaylsis

Discussion in 'Israel' started by film2112, Oct 19, 2004.

1. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    What's going on in our group???(group 4 europe)
    Ireland/France tied today, in other words, what does that
    mean for Israel and our chances of doing well. Any word
    on what is the feeling for the chance of winning in Cyprus?
    Have we played there before and do we have a chance?

Also, what do we want to have happen? -- what is the best thing that can happen from a points perspective to France, Ireland and Switzerland that would put us in the best shape possible in the next few weeks to put us in good position for the next round of games in March 2005???

any input would be great!

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Israel needs to finish ahead of two out of France, Ireland Republic, and Switzerland to have a chance at qualifying, I would say Israel should root for those teams to draw against each other. I would also say Israel needs to win at Cyprus and Faroe Islands. Both of those teams already lost at home to France.

3. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    We're doomed... :( <sigh>

4. you can do it israel come on!!

5. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Hopefully they won't make it

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Why do you hope they don't make it?

7. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Shawshank
    Team: Roma, Iran, Italy

I would have thought you would have caught that. ;)

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I'd prefer not to presume he's an anti-semite.

9. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003

no he is just anti Israel

10. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Which is too bad, because Iran and Israel played some legendary matches as late as the 1970s. It was a great rivalry and there was no hostility. Unfortunately, the islamo-facist revolution changed all that.

Anyway, Israel is actually in a decent position at this point. They'll still need to pull off an upset or two, but they have managed to scrape by enough points so far.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Oh yes, I had forgotten all those nasty things Israel has done to Iran, and that bad tempered historical rivalry. :rolleyes:

Face it; its hate.

I don't hope Iran doesn't qualify; I don't really care.

12. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003
    dont lie man, you hate Iran

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I have absolutely nothing against Iran. I might actually be going there with a friend of mine early next year.

14. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    After I posted that little quip I sort of regretted it. I don't know genuinely why he would want to see Israel lose.

Good luck with Israel qualifying, ;)

15. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    World Cup Analysis

The subject of this thread is World Cup Analysis of Israel's chances of qualifying for the World Cup. It is not for what you think personally of the State of Israel or anything remotely close to that. Trouble makers are asked now to stop.

16. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    people dont use the word anti semite properly
    semites are jews and arabs

17. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    listen to KYHS Soccer, and re-read the 1st post please. We got a big match comming up in March, and one in early Feb against Croatia.

18. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Israel and Ireland come out of the group. My last name may be French, but I will never, for a moment like that squad. I hope Israel romps through the group. It would be so cool to see them advance, with the Irish.

Bonne Chance, Israel!

19. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I don't think shawshank meant what you guys think. I believe when he said "hopefully they won't make it" he said that because he was afraid they might end up in the same group as iran or perhaps meet iran in the world cup final :D or some other stages of the world cup, and since Iran's government dosen't recognize israel as a country our athletes and teams won't participate against israeli opponents. You should have known better by now as the summer olympics was just a few months ago, and if you remember the iranian judo champion of the world and one of iran's best chances for another gold didn't compete against his israeli opponent and as a result got eliminated from the tournement. A tournement which the guy had worked his ass off for 4 years. Some might say it was his own fault, but i believe the damn government was behind it. Anyways I believe thats what shawshank meant, i for one don't want to see us having to face Israel in the world cup due to that very reason, but wish them all the best and hope they make it.
    Hopefully one day the 2 teams can play each other just like back in the 70's where they were the top 2 powers in asia and played many legendary matches as someone pointed out in this thread.
    Iran 3 Israel 1 in the final of asian cup 72 or 76 i believe was named the best asian cup game ever a few years ago. Hopefully when they meet next time the result would be the same :cool: