World Cup 2006, Game 4, Second Round: Ecuador vs England

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could barely sleep last night! I did get out of bed with a good feeling however! I think Ecuador must control the ball, be solid on the defense, protect against the long balls, and just start chipping away at them. It will all depend on their attitude though. FIGHT ON!!!!!!

2. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Confirmed starting lineups:

Mora
    De La Cruz, Hurtado, Espinoza, Reasco
    Mendez, E. Tenorio, Castillo, Valencia
    Delgado, C. Tenorio

Robinson
    Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Terry, A.Cole
    Carrick
    Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole
    Rooney

3. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lets go ECUADOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4. SD Alex

SD Alex New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    The game will start in a few minutes and I hope Ecuador will win :)

Go Ecuador :)

5. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    HT: Ecuador 0 England 0

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    england has been very unimpressive thus far...ecuador needs to tighten the midfield a little more and push forward....we're so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets do it ecuadawgs!

7. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn we should of scored that first goal Damn that a cole :mad:

8. Neutral2

Neutral2 Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea that one could have decided the game :mad: . I doubt you will get such a chance again.:(

9. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    FT: England 1 Ecuador 0

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ecuador played a good game and i am proud of the team and of our country but i cannot help but have a sour taste in my mouth after that bogus foul was called and resulted in a beckham goal....it really was a disappointment and i feel that while england got the goal they wanted and finally won that in the end people will see how it was not at all deserved because of the underhandedness of the referee...

11. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why did ecuador WALK during the entire game?? even while losing? it made me so sick to watch that... at least play with some urgency.. or play like u played the 1st 2 games. if they would have lost while playing hard , i would have been ok with that. but they played the whole game as if they were up by 4 goals... and thats just not acceptable.

tenorio took a half second too long on that shot, and if he had scored it would have changed the game. however i dont blame him too much on that. i dont know why but we didnt attack at all on the flanks with reasco and DLC. im guessing it was part of our strategy since we didnt want to be exposed on a counterattack (which was a real threat since joe cole and beckham could have caused real damage).

however it was a good run, and i'm proud of my team as a whole. i just wish they would have shown more urgency in their play.

12. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100%. It really leaves a sour taste in your mouth to see Ecuador play well for 55 minutes, and then just give up. If there is one thing I admire about the Mexicans, it's the sense of urgency they always play with. I wish Ecuador could have that someday. I posted earlier that this game was going to come down to attitude and mind set. I think I was right in saying that; Ecuador really dissapointed me in that department. Don't get me wrong, I am really proud of this team overall. I think they have come a long way since I started watching them 13 years ago, but there must be a change in the overall attitude of this team. They did great. They accomplished more that what was expected, BUT I think they once again fell victim to the complacent attitude that is so common with Ecuadorian soccer teams. Either way, they caused a lot of happiness for many of us the 1st two games.

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thats the spirit!

14. CA1269VA

CA1269VA Member

May 20, 2006
    Miami
    They did great?????

What was that. Who did they beat??

Oh, come on!! NO more lies.

Everybody will forget this team tomorrow morning, in the history of soccer nobody wil ever remember you. Just you will!!! (for beating CR and Poland... Great ahh?):D

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this ********** needs to get b*tch slapped...

we already made our mark on the world so what do we care if he keeps cuttin us down? he's just salty cuz his team played a pretty lame game against us...had it not been for that queen loving referee then i think it would have been a different result. ifs are done though...nade sabe nada de franklin salas!!! ese man es nuestro futuro....

had the brits met franklin salas then they would have had nice yellow stains on their shorts n socks...

16. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England sort of reminds me of France. They will never win it all unless they play on their home turf.

It's now Argentina and Brazil against the world. I'll be backing both of those teams now.

17. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually...this little punk doesn't seem to be British...looks like he's Colombian. Funny how there are some people who feel good about knocking our team when theirs didn't qualify.

18. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Hey I don't know about that other silly Colombian. I will say, Ecuador played well. England played poorly. I think if Tenorio would have scored that goal (HOW COULD HE MISS THAT!!!!!!), the game would have been all Ecuador 'cause you had the momentum. Ecuador ABSOLUTELY deserves respect. And your play (Ecuador) only improves Conmebol's image. Other confederations have NO CLUE how hard it is to make it to the WC when you play CONMEBOL. Think about it. Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela. All pretty much play at an intense level with SO many different variables as well. You think Beckham was puking..........please........... in Quito's altitude even his P*uta spice girl would have been puking!(BUT I DO HAVE TO ADMIT..SHE'S STILL VERY HOT!!) Props to you guys. Really, you made me proud today. Copa America 2007 next stop....:cool:

19. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't know it seems to me we coud've played better I guess but some of our players got good exposure and thats atleast something positive. What do you think?

20. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think some of the key guys (again I'm looking at it as a non-Ecuadorian), were Tenorio, who is solid but that injury would worry some agents. Also, he HAD THE GOAL IN HIS FEET, which may give some agents 2nd thoughts about his true worth in a more competitive league then the middle east, He's 27, so he's ripe for the picking. Kaviedes and Tin are a bit older so I think their days are done. At least in capturing a spot in the top teams in Europe.
    I think the top guys that TOP teams would look at, no doubt:

Edison Mendez
    C. Tenorio
    Reasco
    and Suarez (coach)

Other guys might get a look but won't have the same bargaining power.

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey good post, I pretty much agre with your comments but Tenorio unfortunately is not 4 sale according to the saad website.

oh yeah and Espinosa you forgot him, he's going to Inter Milan I think.

22. CA1269VA

CA1269VA Member

May 20, 2006
    Miami
    hahahahahahahahahaha...ha

Those guys are really something, do you really think that Inter is gonna hire him or somebody else from that team?

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1st and foremost....EVERYONE HAS A PRICE....question is, would you pay??

and Espinoza to Inter... I wouldn't think so. He'll be 30 next year. A bit old for a team like Inter, but I guess you never know. It just wouldn't make sense because Inter is looking to flush out the old and bring in new blood...most especially in their defense and most especially YOUNG...

24. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just that one little punk. I love Colombians...especially their women. I'm lucky to be living with one. Either way, England did what Ecuador couldn't; score a goal. I really hope that CONMEBOL gets another spot in the next World Cup. There is no doubt that Colombia, Uruguay, and even Peru can do a hell of a lot better than the CONCACAF or the ASIAN teams. Saudi Arabia has no business in the World Cup! I would also like to see the World Cup come back to the Americas. I think it's B.S. that Europe has so many teams in it and also gets it every 8 years. I think a South American nation should hold it again. Maybe as co-hosts...just as Korea and Japan.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Well said ecua, that attitude drove me crazy

I just look and look at the bench...is this guy maturana or what!

suarez did not have the FIRE needed in the most important game of His life, I do not think he will ever get so close to a weak opponent in a crucial match ever again.:eek: