World Cup 2006, Game 2: Ecuador vs Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG] V [​IMG]

Ecuador vs Costa Rica
    • Date: Thursday, 15 June 2006​
    • TV: Live 9:00am ET Univision, ESPN2, ESPN2 HD​
    • Venue: AOL Arena, Hamburg​
    [​IMG]

Same lineup?

Mora
    De La Cruz, Hurtado?, Espinoza, Reasco
    Mendez, E. Tenorio, Castillo, Valencia
    Delgado, C. Tenorio

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this is gonna b a very interesting game...if ecuador pulls of another win then our classification will be nearly secured assuming germany wins as well....costa rica scored 2 on germany and that is something that must be praised, ecuador will need a solid defense like today but also more pressure moving forward...cuz we saw where they were weak

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Ecuador just needs to play like they did today...

I think we will see Ambrossi, Ayovi, C. Lara, F. Borja and Kaviedes in this one...

4. Marko2

Marko2 New Member

May 18, 2006
    Yes...

I they stand behind like with Poland, and run fast as that day...

We will be in the second round

ECUADOR mi pais

john@liguista.com

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wrong. if ecuador win, they automatically qualify. 2 wins=next round

6. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we see the same lineup, with the only exception being the inclusion of lara in the 2nd half for one of our tired forwards. ecuador CANNOT afford to slack off this game in any way shape or form, because if they do , i can definitely see costa rica coming away with 3 points.

7. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think even a draw is helpful for Ecuador, assuming Germany beats Poland. We would have:

Ger 6 pts
    Ecu 4 +2
    CR 1 -2
    Pol 0

I doubt Poland will lose their last game.

8. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    F!ck that! We win all the way.

Suarez will work his magic.

I have said this before, if we beat Poland, we beat all our opponents.

We all, NT and supporters, must think as winners. The winning mentallity is very important as much as the skill.

Watching the Pol vs Ecua game, I haev noticed Urrutia smiling like a kid who is in his element. The whole smiled in the pitch as if they have realized their zone. They have found the zone and it was written in Patricio Urrutia´ś ,DlC, Hurtado ect. face.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well said...

for costa rica we should put emphasis on having the liga and nacional players step up the game...to treat it like a rele important libertadores game or sumthin....i dunno
    but they will shine during this game

10. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    just a note-

BOTH of costa ricas' goals were very VERY close to being offside.

the linesman didnt call them, but easily couldve.

that couldve been a 4-0......

vamos ecua!!!!!!

11. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    La ZoNA Ecuatorianos!

The Zone my Ecuadorians,

We must own our zone
    We must own our space,
    we must realize the nature we possess.and its a good one.

there is a diffrence between being cocky, concieted and believing inyourself.:) :)

When we beat Germany, the world will stop to take a second look at us.

so far, only my mexican Azteca friends reckognize my Afro-Inca jersey.

By the way, Mexico came in numbers to watch the Mexico/Iran game in Prague. Got to, I mean you gotta love "el Chile Nacional"

"Iran ya provo, el chile Naciona" lol

That was a great chant.

12. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    3-1 ecuador y despues fiesta en cada rincon del mundo adonde esten ecuatorianos por este logro historico

13. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    are u dumb...those werent offfside? wtf anyways we couldve scored another when ronald gomez gave it to wanchope but ref was bein dumb

14. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

DUDE........

your costarican, of course you arent going to admit that they were "close" to being offside, but the fact of the matter is that they were "CLOSE"

im not saying they were or werent, but they were 50/50 and the linesman didnt call them, but easily couldve/shouldve.

dont get me wrong, i think u ticos played a good game, considering it was the opener and against germany.

15. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

estoy de acuerdo loko;)

honestamente creo que lo podemos hacer.

con que alemania haga lo suyo y elimine a polska, y con que nostros le ganamos a los ticos, todo estara bien.

hell, even a tie would be good though.

because, we have a +2 goal differential and costa rica has a -2

vamos ecua!!

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we must not settle for a tie...once we score the first goal....we work to make the second...and then the third...then the fourth...then we can slow the game down...until we have a clear advantage in points we must not and should not let down our guard

17. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    all we need is the alemans to beat the poles and we should be good to go :cool:

18. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As this game approaches, I am getting more and more confident for some reason. I was pretty nervous and uneasy after the Poland game, but I seem to be getting a "feeling" that Ecuador is going to win. That 4-2 loss that many Ticos seem to be satisfied with does not impress me at all. They still lost! The goals scored by CR are more a product of Germany playing weak and trying to catch them offside. CR never had control of the game...not even for a few minutes. They never had a consistant attack and never pressured the Germans on their side of the field. I think this will be a close game, but Ecuador wins having more control of the ball. By the way, Ecuador needs De La Cruz to play much better than what he did against Poland.

19. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Good Analisis.
    UDLC will play better in this game. One because as you saw in the previous game, he grew bigger and bigger with the more time he had on the field. 2 because against Poland he was playing more of a defensive role devoting all his energy to block those Polish attacks by his flank.
    In this game I think Suarez is going to turn him lose!
    I believe that Ecuador can do two things here.
    1. Wait for CR to waste their energy and get desperate. Playing something similar to what they did to Poland playing to the counter attack.
    2. Put presure in the CR defense and control the ball and the game from the get go try to score some goals and then drop the lines back and let the time go.
    Either way I think we can get a positive result. I just hope that they take care of Wanchope and CR does not surprise us scoring the first goal.

20. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We will defeat the Ticos, the country the people the motivation The world is with us for this game- there should be no "letdown".

Ecuador - 2
    Costa Rica - 0

Changing the rhythm keeping the Ticos moving and wearing them down physically as well as mentally will be the key. Basically play our game.

We have to make the most of this opportunity, these chances to make history dont present themselves too often.;)

21. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I cant wait for tommorow morning its going to be crazy :)

22. DiamondsYank

DiamondsYank New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    NYC Metro Area
    Well, a draw or even a Polish win against Germany would have worked out better for Ecuador, but the way things are, beat Costa Rica and you're in. Beat them by 2 goals and all you need is to draw Germany to win the group. Either way, you're in a pretty good position. Good luck to 'La Tri' tomorrow!

23. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Win the group? That's crazy talk! These are crazy times! I wonder if 20 years ago people like El_Maestro ever thought of the possibility of Ecuador winning their group in a World Cup.

24. Louisville Palace

Louisville Palace New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    USA
    Man, I'm getting really anxious! Tomorrow's match will be incredible.

!La Tricolores sea ganadores!

25. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I sure hope del la cruz is turned loose! I aslo feel that Ecuador should pressure the Ticos from the get go. This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Who knows if we'll ever be in a position to not only qualify to the knock out stage of the WC, but to also win a group! This is it fellas. Let's all pull with everything we got for Ecuador!!!!!!