Women's World Cup

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Brazil_1500, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
  2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marta's 1st goal was to die for!! So far goal of the WWC

Yeah too bad Dunga cant call up Marta instead of V.Love!! :D

But the Samba Queens are on a roll..9 goals for none against yet, but I think that will change v Denmark but we still shall win 2-1!!

3. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    dunga needs to wake up and call up true strikers for Brazil...

4. crfamazonense

crfamazonense New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Paris dos Trópicos
    Marta é Melhor Q Afonso, Marta é Melhor Q Afonso, ôôôô!!!!!!!!!!

5. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

Why not call Marta to play in the men's team? She is better than all men out there. :D

Open your eyes, Dunga!

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok if not Marta then I'll take Andreia over Doni then!! :)

7. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

This way we will see Joga Bonita!!!

:cool::D

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow Wow Wow!!! What a day and what a game!! Out of my 4 predicts I'm so glad this one didn't come true!! On my Granny's 80th birthday today my team won!!!

Ok let me start Formiga with her lame performances in the group games did herself justice today not just by scoring but by running all over the pitch!! Renata gave Luizao a run for his money for that dive in the pk box for the 2nd goal!!

I gotta say this was the best game of the WWC so far and it took me back to WC'94's QF with Brazil-Holland...Brazil giving up a 2-0 lead only for us to win with a late strike to win 3-2 now only if the storybook can continue to next Sunday!! I'd give my left arm(and I'm left handed) to see Marta in the 81st minute leap over Rampone and Whitehill to head the winner past Solo to take us to the final this Thursday!!

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazil is a rising power in women's soccer. I still think the USA and Germany are better; the USA won the Olympics last year (against our girls) and Germany needs no introduction.

I frankly see Germany as the winner this year. They look too dominating. But if anything I want Brazil to defeat the US (payback for 2006).

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    remember - Brasil goleou the USA at PanAm games in Maracana! did the US send a 2nd level squad for Rio 2007?:D

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I don't know if the American team at Rio 2007 was an understrength side. But I do know that US Soccer takes the Women's World Cup very seriously... they have won it twice and they would love to complement their current Olympic reign with a 3rd World championship.

Brazil will have its hands full against the Americans. If Brazil wins, I will consider it Brazil's consolidation in the top tier of women's soccer (we're a notch below Germany and the USA in my view. Them two are the big dogs.).

12. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The answer is yes. ;)
    US World Cup team is the full strength one.

It will be difficult to beat, but I think that with some creativity, the ladies in yellow can do it.

13. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

I noticed on TV after the game vs Australia that the Brasilian coach and players were all like praying, thanking God that they won... remember, God is Brasilian!!! LOL:cool:

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't watch Women's football ... just happened to catch this Brazil x USA game going on right now, and holly crap did that girl Marta just score (4th goal) a sick goal even by a man's standard. :eek:

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    4-0 and it might be more. From what I see on UOL, Brazil's girls are firing away at will.

Even if they don't win it all Sunday, this game (and the 2004 Olympics) shows the men HOW to play with guts and pride.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I forgot to DVR this game... :(... but I can always get highlights, I guess.

Gotta wake up early for Sunday's match vs. Germany. Another World Cup final vs. Der Germans (or in this case, Die Germans). :D

17. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I love Brasilian Women, I love Marta and all the brilliant players. The women play better than men!
    Next - Germany....

18. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
  19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    ESPN's front page. Headline: SAMBA SCHOOLED

[​IMG]

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm impressed. For once Brazil didn't blow a lead against the US or lose their cool or... all sorts of things.

Well done to the women - they finally have arrived.

21. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    HOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who said that our girls' performance in the Pan American Games Final was a fluke, today's final score was a bold statement. :D

Congrats, Brazil! Marta, you're SENSATIONAL!!!!!! :)

22. sandaroo

sandaroo Member

Jan 26, 2006
    2nd to last defender
    Congratulations! Well done all the way around, your ladies kicked butt.

Marta's final goal was absolutely brillant!!!

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Man what beautiful game played by the girls, Marta is amazing and was schooling the US defenders left and right. The way she was toying with that defender reminded me when Robinho was toying with the US defenders in the men's game.

The red card on the US was a bad call but we got our revenge for the Olympics final (where we should have won) and I'm positive we would have won either way regardless of a red card or not

And I love it how the American announcers kept pointing out that they where a player down every 2 minutes eventhough we where already up 2-0 when it was 11 vs 11 :rolleyes:

24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sounds like a copy of a certain 1958 goal by Pelé... flicked over the defender then slotted under the keeper? I have to see this! Post the youtube highlights whenever you can.

25. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats! I hope this win helps boost women's soccer in Brazil! Good luck in the final.

As for the US...they should fire Ryan and beg DiCicco to come back.:(