Women's football career records & total appearances

Discussion in 'Soccer History' started by sbahnhof, Sep 2, 2020.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Maksiowski writes:

Hi :D

I’m looking for a women footballer who has the most official appearances (league + domestic cups + champions league + youth national team + national team). On the internet I only found a ranking with international games. I haven’t seen anywhere familiar ranking with club statistics.

When I check out some footballers separately I noticed Marta who played about 600 official games. The data shows she played 265 club matches between 2009-2019 in all competitions + 157 club matches between 2000-2008 in league. There is no information about other competitions in these years (2000-2008), so I don’t have accurate data.

Maybe somewhere exist that ranking. If not, you can help me create it. We can do the same ranking as for men. At least TOP 10 for women.

I added the link below where it’s list of footballers (male) with the most official appearances, if someone didn't understand me ::) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_the_most_official_appearances
    « 22 May 2020, 03:54 by Maksiowski » womensfootball.eu (closing)

[​IMG]
    Marta: Is she Queen of the Games?
    (img: Anders Henrikson, cc-by)

Any info is appreciated! Does anyone know where is a good place to start looking? Records in women's soccer can be hard to find, especially going further back – for example in Marta's own country, the present women's league was preceded by the Taça Brasil, now discontinued.
    Unofficial games would also be good to know about. In England, Lily Parr made an estimated 800 appearances at a time when the FA was opposed to women playing at all.

(Thanks Maksiowski for permission to use the post! Over on Women's International there are slightly related threads, Youngest Internationals & Top Goalscorers)​

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2 Lechus7, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    For Japanese players wikipedia (in japanese) is quite a good source. Data from their domestic league is pretty much well kept.

Dunno if Sawa is most capped Japanese player outside NT, but as one of Women's Football Legends she deserves mention.

Homare Sawa (active player between 1991 and 2015)

Japan League 319 caps / 140 goals

Japan Empress Cup 39 caps / 13 goals
    (missing data 1991-1998 and 2004, est. 18-32 caps)

Japan League Cup 12 caps / 0 goals
    (missing data 1997-1998, est. 2-4 caps)

W-League
    (missing data 1999-2000, est. 19-38 caps)

WUSA League 55 caps / 13 goals

WPS League 41 caps / 6 goals

National Team 205 caps / 83 goals

Total

671 caps / 255 goals

including missing data it's estimated:

710-745 caps / 265-275 goals

Above doesn't include club friendlies, J.League West vs East matches, charity games, etc.

It would be well worth to check stas of Kozue Ando, Yuki Nagasato, Nahomi Kawasumi or Yukari Kinga - still active players. Aya Miyama stats should also be impressive.
    Saki Kumagai at 29 has already total of 435 caps for clubs and country and may surpass Sawa's stats within this decade.

sbahnhof repped this.
  3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For players in France, all the data are available here: Data are really hard to collect and the website has recently added all the games in the 70's. It takes hours and hours to fill up the database but it is very complete same with all our NT games from the U16 to the seniors. It is even better than the FFF database.

sbahnhof repped this.