Wolff hurt...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by LSNsoccer362238, Oct 21, 2003.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Except for the fact that that was the first major injury of Meola's career.

Wolff has played 20 minutes of postseason play (before getting - what else - injured) since his rookie season, and his team's (Chicago and KC) have been in the playoffs all five of those seasons.

20 minutes of playoff soccer in five seasons isn't exactly worth 200k+/year.

Yeah, he may be our saviour next season - and I hope he is, but I still consider this trade a huge bust.

---
    I feel bad for Josh. I met him briefly and he seems like a great guy. As bad as the trade was for us, the injuries are far more unfortunate for him.

But the fact is his career is absolutely littered with injuries. He was injured when we traded for him, and how many times has he been injured this season alone?

2. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember Ben Olsen getting hurt as frequently as Josh Wolff...

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I don't think that is the case at all. I think he is playing with alot heart (kind of like McBride) and in doing so puts him in places were he can get injured. Maybe he should be a little more tentitively.

4. Van Buren

Van Buren New Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Kansas City, Mo
    well, since this latest one happened in practice, it's really hard to say, unless someone was there.

when someone is fragile like wolff is, he's just as likely to separate his shoulder falling down the stairs or something. if you're fragile, you're going to get hurt. We all know these people. Wolff must just be one of these people.

I say steroids are the answer.

5. refused77

refused77 New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    KCMO
    I wasn't there, but my roommate was. He didn't make it out like Wolff went in timid, but after hearing some of the things said after the injury, its fairly obvious that he feels cursed/fragile/etc.

If thats in a players head every time they walk on the field, they won't stay healthy long.

6. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Can't blame the guy for feeling this way though...right when he gets back, hes hurt again. Thats got to be devistating.

7. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So CJ took a gamble and it ended up being a bust. But c'mon, you don't win if you play conservative all the time on player acqusitions. This Wolff move isn't by itself enough to get on CJ about, but put Wolff in with other moves like Preki, Henderson, Lowe, Fabbro, etc... and it's starting to look like this guy can't build a team. When he came in after the '99 season, he was handed a team that would eventually win the Cup the next year. IIRC the only starters in 2000 that weren't starters in '99 was Garcia and Zavagnin. Am I correct? Those were two great pick-ups, but since then the quality contributors he has brought in are few and far between.

While his player decisions have been less than desired, the man has done one hell of a job with attendence in KC. The crowds he has brought out the last three season have been incredible. For that alone, he gets to keep his job in my opinion. I'll take a guy who can put a quality team together just as long as there is a team to put together in Kansas City.

8. SoccerNutScott

SoccerNutScott New Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Olathe, KS
    Looking forward to him having a healthy offseason and coming in next year hungry and making an impact. It is too bad that he has had such crappy luck. It seems nearly every star quality US National Player has been that way too. Ben Olsen, McBride, Wolff, Ramos,. What the hell is up with that?