Wizards with national team

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10336270.htm

Saw this posted in the US Men forum, so I thought I'd post this hear as well since it comes from the Star and discusses 3 Wizards called into camp.

I figured that two were KZ and Wolff, but who is the third? Garcia? Diego? Jose? Jimmy? Davy?

2. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony for cap #1000? :rolleyes:

3. soccerluvr22

soccerluvr22 New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    kansas city,mo
    when i went to the end of the year party i was talking with jimmy and deigo and they both said how they had to talked with someone about going to play for the national team. they said it was a good chance they could go but it wasnt all finalized yet but they couldnt wait.

4. dig.palabra

dig.palabra New Member

Mar 5, 2000
    KCMO
    Wow. That is a risky negotiation strategy (in re the boycott discussed in the article). -If the US were to drop an expected point or three after the players missed part of camp due to a boycott, the fans might not be so understanding.

-As for which Wizards are getting called in KZ, Wolff, and, my guess, Diego (unless there are some center-back injuries that I don't know about).

5. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Davy should at least get a call into camp. Although with EJ and a glut of new, young forwards, I'm not sure DAvy actually fits in. I hope I'm wrong.

6. SnowyAruba

SnowyAruba New Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin, TX
  7. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    It is possible Jimmy, Josh and Deigo. Kerry may be transfered to EPL (rumored). The purpose of the camp is making sure MLS guys are fit for Feb. 9 game.

9. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    i love Jimmy, and I think that he should get a lok, but he plays the position where the nats are the most deep. I just don't see it happening.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Let's not forget that Nick Garcia remains on Arena's radar, too.

11. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep it's Nick, Josh, Kerry, and...... Diego...

Per KC Star article in today's news.

I think Diego's gonna be one of those guys who's gonna help us through qualifiying but maybe not be in Germany if we get there. He's a rock and mentally tough but by WC time when you will definitely have "all" player options available, I think he might get passed over. Who knows, maybe he's the answer at left back or the second defensive midfielder when we're closing someone out.